Jefferson Theater, Charlottesville, 3/6 (canceled) 6/30

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tyler
Site Admin

Jefferson Theater, Charlottesville, 3/6 (canceled) 6/30

Post by Tyler »

Didn't see a show thread for this one...

Might need to add a new verse to Whiteknuckle, WV after this one too!

Current forecast is for snow on starting the evening before, although hopefully temps stay up and it doesn't stick.
Last edited by Tyler on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beaverdam

Re: Jefferson Theater, Charlottesville, 3/6

Post by Beaverdam »

I have a class scheduled that night and wasn't planning to go. However....the class could potentially be cancelled due to weather. Who knows what might happen. Being a VA resident, I really hoped that poor attendance at this show wouldn't deter DBT from playing future shows here. If you go, have fun and be safe. I have some friends who have tickets. I'll be in class in Farmville, but I'll be in spirit in Charlottesville!

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Got this from the venue in response to an inquiry:

If i had to bet, i would say it is happening. If the band gets here, the show goes on. We've been in touch with them daily and everyone one in the band's camp wants to make the show happen. I wish i had a better answer for you but with the weather being a bit unpredictable, its hard to say with complete certainty. If the show is in fact cancelled or postponed there will be an opportunity for a refund.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

It is snowing balls out in Charlottesville right now. And they're calling for 4 - 6 more inches of snow before the day is over.

If the band makes it this could be one of those epic shows that old men talk about for years to come. :mrgreen:
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Rocky wrote:If the band makes it this could be one of those epic shows that old men talk about for years to come. :mrgreen:

:lol:

You made me spit coffee Rocky! Bravo! Have a blast at the show and please, everyone stay safe!
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

mark lynn
Site Admin

Post by mark lynn »

Show tonight is cancelled. Bummer. Be safe y'all.

LagoonField

Post by LagoonField »

Sounds like Sunday June 30th, 2013 is the re-scheduled date for C-Ville......should be nice & hot for the Rock Show. Hope everyone is safe & enjoying the snow.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Rocky wrote: this could be one of those epic shows that old men talk about for years to come. :mrgreen:

See Macon thread.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Rocky

Re: Jefferson Theater, Charlottesville, 3/6 (canceled) 6/30

Post by Rocky »

Well I doubt we have 6 - 8" of snow this time around.

I don't want to seem greedy but after much chasing I finally got to see Cooley play One Of These Days at his solo show in Richmond on Sunday.

Hey Patterson, is is time to break out Steve McQueen in Charlottesville?

Van

Post by Van »

Coming from Philly for the show. Can't wait!

Flea

Post by Flea »

In a quirky cosmic alignment, I was randomly placed into the SAME HOTEL ROOM NUMBER in C'ville as in W-S. I choose to believe that this is a sign for tremendous rockage tonight.
Now it's dark.

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

Flea wrote:In a quirky cosmic alignment, I was randomly placed into the SAME HOTEL ROOM NUMBER in C'ville as in W-S. I choose to believe that this is a sign for tremendous rockage tonight.

Please say it's #666!?
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Flea

Post by Flea »

RolanK wrote:
Flea wrote:In a quirky cosmic alignment, I was randomly placed into the SAME HOTEL ROOM NUMBER in C'ville as in W-S. I choose to believe that this is a sign for tremendous rockage tonight.

Please say it's #666!?

That would be too perfect.
Now it's dark.

chickenwingpuke

Post by chickenwingpuke »

Checked in and ready for the rock show. Gotta fill this pie hole first. Where to eat?

lotusamerica

Post by lotusamerica »

Good to read the write-ups of the NC shows. Wish I could go tonight. On a plane back from LA and won't make it back in time. Thought I'd check in and see how things are going, and the in-flight code to log into wifi was cxdbt - close enough to remind me where I'd rather be tonight. Have fun and post lots...

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Lookout Mountain
Women Without Whiskey
Drag the Lake Charlie
Self-Destructive Zones
The Wig He Made Her Wear
A Ghost to Most
Goode's Field Road
Where the Devil Don't Stay
Steve McQueen
Panties in Your Purse
Sinkhole
Uncle Frank
Why Henry Drinks
3 Dimes Down
The Night GG Allin Came to Town
Gravity's Gone
Used to be a Cop
Get Downtown
Hell No I Ain't Happy
Encore:
Birthday Boy
Daddy Needs a Drink
Girls Who Smoke
Zip City
Let There Be Rock
Shut Up and Get on the Plane
Angels and Fuselage

General Patton is a throbbing bassmonster. He owned it on Cop and Shut Up. Balls!

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

:o
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

rockreid

Post by rockreid »

Fucking badass. That's the only way I can describe it. Was my 1st 'Angels' in about a decade and I'm still in awe. When they walk off stage, 1x1; Wow! Youtube doesn't do that any justice. Met cooleygirl and uncle rickey and of course they were as nice as they could be. Saw Tyler, but didn't meet him. One of, if not the best DBT shows I've ever seen.

rockreid

Post by rockreid »

Now that I've had a tad bit of time to reflect; This was the best DBT show I've ever seen. 4th night of a 4 night run, most bands could mail it in...that much closer to getting home, but of course that was never an option tonight w/ DBT.

First off, Jenn, is one of the coolest people I've ever met in my life. She wasn't in Charlottesville, but she did everything in her power to make sure me and mines had a great night (which we did!). She's so sweet, and her effort is something I will never forget. There will be a time in my life where I can help her and rest assured I will make it happen. I guess it's just apart of being in the DBT family. Regardless, I will always look out for Jenn and I hope there comes a time where I can be as cool to her as she's been to me.

Tonight's show was incredible. How do you describe your favorite band?

Badass!

That's all I have.

LagoonField

Post by LagoonField »

Great night in C-Ville. Fun set list, no snow, band & crowd with lots of energy, the sound was good, good encore....got to wear my now out of date "Hood-Cooley 2012" shirt one more time. Got to meet CooleyGirl & Uncle Ricky. We had fun talking to you, look forward to seeing ya'll back down in Virginia again soon. I think it was worth the wait after the snow delay, as Patterson mentioned near the end.

LagoonField

Post by LagoonField »

.....and I forgot to mention the Markers Mark bottle behind Cooley, must have been out of Jack Daniels at the Virginia ABC store on the way into town? But the bottle didn't get much usage during the show.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Last night was really one Hell of a show. No one on that stage was anywhere close to mailing it in last night, especially Patterson. I don't know what got into him (Patron, maybe :mrgreen: ) but it was like he was the personal rock ambassador sent to make sure everyone in the house got their rocks off.

Ghost To Most / Goode's Field Road / Where The Devil Won't Stay / Steve McQueen was as extreme of a 4 song jam fest / work out session as you are likely to ever hear. Other highlights for me included Why Henry Drinks, The Night GG Allin Came To Town, Used To Be A Cop, Hell No I Ain't Happy and a very satisfying Let There Be Rock. Brad was on all night and I am really starting to like Matt's playing, stage presence and cool dude to be in a band with vibe.

The only problem is after being a fan and seeing this band play live for about 6 years since I've now seen One Of These Days and Steve McQueen in the same week I look like Charlton Heston after he came down from the mountain. I have to go to work in an hour and I don't know what to do. Image

ScottyC

Post by ScottyC »

Holy ballsacks on a Sunday night!!! That setlist combined with LB3 and I wouldn't be able to walk or think straight today if I was there.

titotito

Post by titotito »

flipping sick setlist and decent sound. it sounded much different the night before for anders, hard to explain.
i rolled some video so when i get home and rested, i'll throw up some clips on youtube.

4 rigs, 2 schoeps, 1 akg and 1 b&k, not bad for a sunday night show.

not enough brown whiskey consumed IMO, patterson and crew were sipping on the patron!

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

Angels and Fuselage literally brought me to tears.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Some nights it seems like the Dimmer Twins are constantly trying to one up each other - every song apparently an answer to the previous one. This sounds like one of those nights. Wish i coulda been there. 26 songs on the 4th nite of a 4 nite, 3 city run. Not bad for a bunch of old family men. ;)

Damn, I need a rock show.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

uncle rickey wrote:
General Patton is a throbbing bassmonster. He owned it on Cop and Shut Up. Balls!

Agreed!

The Wig He Made Her Wear was completely re-worked, to my ears anyway. It was very funky and cool and different in a good way. Matt Patton's bassline on this one was also through the roof.

Having seen multiple DBT lineups, I am really liking this version a whole lot. Jay continues to amaze me each show, I have no idea how he manages to play 2 instruments, sometimes at the same time, without missing a beat. Especially since he has to be ready for any song at any moment with no setlist. Patton is really adding a lot to the mix, I think, and it's fun seeing him make the songs his own. What can we say about the core, Patterson, Cooley and EZB? They are fabulous as always. It's fun seeing them having fun all the time, and constantly mixing things up.
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

bogart

Post by bogart »

Ditto Ms. Cooley Girl. It certainly adds to our listening and viewing pleasure seeing the band have fun. LET THERE BE ROCK!!!!

LagoonField

Post by LagoonField »

A little extra tidbit from Charlottesville, listening to WNRN a few weeks after the Rock Show....the Saturday night alt county show hosted by a Sons of Bill member played Runaway Train by Adam's House Cat. We were home, with the radio on, eating dinner and listening to Adam's House Cat thanks to WNRN. It took us a moment to wrap our heads around it all.......hope everyone has fun in Athens in August, hope to be listening into the stream.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

When I saw this thread had moved to the top I thought maybe someone had linked the streaming / downloadable audio to the show.

http://archive.org/details/dbt2013-06-30.mk41.flac16

Well now they have. :mrgreen: