Macon 3/2/13

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Swamp

Macon 3/2/13

Post by Swamp »

Hey yall,
We will be celebrating 33 years of not killing each other at this show. (Cooley needs to sing "Love Like This" for us. :lol: )
Sure would be nice to celebrate with as many of yall that can make it.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Lone Wolf1

Re: Macon 3/2/13

Post by Lone Wolf1 »

would love to join y'all but i gotta fly to RI the following week for a family gig. but at least i'll catch the Providence show! happy early anniversary to you kids :)

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Gonna do my best to make it. It's so close to the house that it would suck not to be there.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Lone Wolf1 wrote:would love to join y'all but i gotta fly to RI the following week for a family gig. but at least i'll catch the Providence show! happy early anniversary to you kids :)

dang the luck. my buddy Steve (suntzu) was wanting to talk trail lingo with you, what ever that means.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Cole Younger wrote:Gonna do my best to make it. It's so close to the house that it would suck not to be there.

tickets are only 25 but we got ours yesterday for 20. part of the proceeds go to Cox Capital Theater awareness. a place where we have
such great memories.

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

I saw some pictures of the ball field that is the venue for this event (Big Bird Festival) on FB. Looks cool. Too bad it does not look possible to go. Maybe the 280 Jam in Waverly on 4/20.

bnzz

Post by bnzz »

Damn, had this show on the calendar.....but then our schools foundation decided to have a fundraiser that day without consulting me....damn it I can see it now "at this time we would like to bring up Brad to say a few words, but he is at The Big Bird Bash" :lol: Still hoping for a DBT or Patterson or Cooley add on to the Hangout Fest

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

bnzz wrote:Damn, had this show on the calendar.....but then our schools foundation decided to have a fundraiser that day without consulting me....damn it I can see it now "at this time we would like to bring up Brad to say a few words, but he is at The Big Bird Bash" :lol: Still hoping for a DBT or Patterson or Cooley add on to the Hangout Fest

You can get a life size cardboard cut out for about a hundred bucks.

buddymo

Post by buddymo »

I'll be there. Hoping for good weather!

bogart

Post by bogart »

We'll be there!!!!

bogart

Post by bogart »

I think it's going to be cold in the evening...Keep your DBT whiskey flask full. It'll keep your tummy warm.

26 Mile Drive

Post by 26 Mile Drive »

Ready for the Rock show!!!!!!!! Good crowd coming up from Savannah, hopefully sunshine and rock all day long!

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

I will be there, along with Heather and Reverend Todd. Can't wait to help ya celebrate!

Anyone been to this festival before? Any idea on what time the headliner (DBT) starts? We're driving down from Ohio and making a pit stop in Asheville in the morning. Google says it's about a 5 hour drive from Asheville to Macon...

The Avon Lady

Post by The Avon Lady »

‎11:00 AM Gates Open
Noon Dirty Sound Professors
1:00 PM Gringo Grande
3:00 PM Back City Woods
5:00 PM Moon Taxi
7:00 PM Modern Skirts
9:00 PM Drivin N Cryin
11:00 PM Drive By Truckers

Just posted on Big Bird Bash Facebook Page

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

Thanks Avon Lady!

Looks like I can take my time...

26 Mile Drive

Post by 26 Mile Drive »

it is gonna be chilly that day....jack it is!

26 Mile Drive

Post by 26 Mile Drive »

And how long ya think they will be playing? 11 pm seems like a late start for an outdoor venue....

Swamp

Happy Anniversary Baby

Post by Swamp »

I think he wrote this about us :lol:

See yall there!

mark lynn
Site Admin

Post by mark lynn »

Hey ya'll... For anyone venturing to Macon there is chance that DBT's set time might be moved to earlier due to the pretty fucking cold conditions in forecast. It's not official that the set time will be moved but if you are planning on going try and keep your eyes open here and elsewhere.

Lone Wolf1

Re: Happy Anniversary Baby

Post by Lone Wolf1 »

Swamp wrote:I think he wrote this about us :lol:

See yall there!

wish we could join y'all tomorrow. happy, happy anniversary to you kids. love you guys!

Athens Joe

Post by Athens Joe »

mark lynn wrote:Hey ya'll... For anyone venturing to Macon there is chance that DBT's set time might be moved to earlier due to the pretty fucking cold conditions in forecast. It's not official that the set time will be moved but if you are planning on going try and keep your eyes open here and elsewhere.

Any word on the time change mark? Meeting my sister and brother in law for this one. Ill bring the fire. Someone bring the marshmellows.

Lone Wolf1

Post by Lone Wolf1 »

mark lynn
Site Admin

Post by mark lynn »

DBT shooting to come on early. 10:30-10:40 and play till midnight or something. This is the colder than a witches tit show.

buddymo

Post by buddymo »

DBT got moved to 1030.

Stopped by the venue to get a wristband. The stage is basically on the pitchers mound, but they aren't letting anyone one the field - only in the seats. Total BS. Someone needs to get word to DBT to get that rectified. We're goi g to need a mass of body warmth to survive the show tonight.

mark lynn
Site Admin

Post by mark lynn »

Updated start time as of a few minutes ago. DBT on stage tonight at 9:45. Bundle up.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Good whiskey drinking weather. Would love to be out there with you guys tonight. I caught Pearl Jam at Alpine Valley in October of 2000 at the infamous "Ice Bowl" show. It was painful at the time, but legendary in the aftermath. Hope for the same for you guys tonight.

Looking forward to hearing reports.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

You guys keeping warm out there or what?
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

pbr man

Post by pbr man »

Setlist

Buttholeville > Power Outage > Buttholeville
Gravity's Gone
Used to be a Cop
Where the Devil Dont Stay
Sinkhole
Uncle Frank
Lookout Mountain
Women Without Whiskey
Heathens (for Kevin Kinney & DnC boys)
Marry Me
Drunk Dead and Naked
Guitar Man Upstairs
Hell No I Ain't Happy (for the Swamps)

Short but Good Show for how cold it was Weirdest part was during the power outlet the cops spread out across the field as if the crowd was going to start a riot or something

earl

Post by earl »

Strange show. Yes, it was as cold as a witch's titty in a brass brassiere. (sarcasm)The power failure was a pure Beyonce move (/sarcasm.) I did like the intro back into Buttholeville. I have a list of things that'll happen if a Facebook status gets a million likes, such as the guy from Ancient Aliens getting a decent haircut and not looking like he came outta the G-Force machine with Akroyd and Chase in "Spies Like Us." One was that with a million likes, EZ-B would play a drum solo. Well, the re-intro into Buttholeville is as close as we'll ever see. Then due to the distance from the band to the crowd and the cops milling around like, well, cops, "Used To Be A Cop" was perfect. It looked like all 8-10 of them were hearing the song and discussing whether or not that they were the closest to the character in the song. Horrid setup. Band on the pitcher's mound and crowd in the stands. One good thing is that by the time my lovely lady and myself arrived, the gates were come and go, do as you please. I snuck in a hellacious flask of Maker's to help me and everyone near me stay "warm." Definitely one of the odder shows that I've been to. Not as strange as being in the thick of the infamous Freebird Live! brawl from a few years ago, yet just really, in the word's original meaning, queer. Odder than the DBT show at Vanderbilt's "Spring Fling." That was the first show after Isbell left and it was the sloppiest show that I have ever seen. Patterson even apologized in his blog about the suckitude of that show. I was teasing my better half that EZ-B was only gonna play faster tunes to keep warm and that there wouldn't be a "Heathens" specifically. I've never been happier to be wrong. It's a definite Top 5 DBT tune for me. What did everyone else think?

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

beatles at candlestick, anybody?