Cooley's Hair

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

El Rey de San Antone

Cooley's Hair

Post by El Rey de San Antone »

Was at the Austin show on Friday, had a great time - wonderful set. But I wanted to say, I'm concerned with Cooley's haircut right now, it's just BAD................

colodogdoc

Re: Cooley's Hair

Post by colodogdoc »

Disagree. Completely.
"Mamma always said electric guitars will give you herpes."

GuitarManUpstairs

Post by GuitarManUpstairs »

:lol: JK...settle down.
Never going back to Buttholeville. (Good luck with that!)

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

When he played the solo shows in Austin in early December, he told us that he'd intended to get it cut before he headed out, but he hates it, so he didn't make time.

Looks like he still hasn't made time almost two months later.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Any other crazy fan stories you want to share?

Well, that might have been one of the strangest things I’ve heard (laughter). I never really get on the message boards or anything but someone came across a post that was all about me having a new haircut. I really had gotten a haircut the day before! I thought okay….this is weird.

http://www.atlantamusicguide.com/2012/04/20/qa-with-mike-cooley-drive-by-truckers-playing-the-tabernacle-april-21-2012/

colodogdoc

Post by colodogdoc »

uncle rickey wrote:

Well, that might have been one of the strangest things I’ve heard (laughter). I never really get on the message boards or anything but someone came across a post that was all about me having a new haircut. I really had gotten a haircut the day before! I thought okay….this is weird.

http://www.atlantamusicguide.com/2012/04/20/qa-with-mike-cooley-drive-by-truckers-playing-the-tabernacle-april-21-2012/

And now it has more than a post...it has its own thread. It shall be referred to from here forward as a proper noun, "Cooley's Hair".
"Mamma always said electric guitars will give you herpes."

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Cooleys current hair style is my next big goal in life.
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

colodogdoc wrote:
uncle rickey wrote:

And now it has more than a post...it has its own thread. It shall be referred to from here forward as a proper noun, "Cooley's Hair".

To quote that great Dexateens song about the Streisand effect:

Cooley's Hair, by The Dexateens wrote:No one can say his head is bare
'Cause it's covered with Cooley's hair
If your 'do ain't no damn good
You're no good

And remember what the Firesign Theatre says: "Long hair, short hair--hair is dead!"
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

WoodDuck

Post by WoodDuck »

El Rey de San Antone wrote:Was at the Austin show on Friday, had a great time - wonderful set.

I thought you were posting as Cooley's hair.

That would've been funny.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

one belt loop wrote:When he played the solo shows in Austin in early December, he told us that he'd intended to get it cut before he headed out, but he hates it, so he didn't make time.

I remember that conversation. He said something like getting his hair cut and putting gas in the car are two things he hates. He wishes there were little gnomes (I'm thinking like the underpants gnomes on South Park) that would come in the middle of the night and cut your hair and fill the car with gas.
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

CooleyGirl wrote:
one belt loop wrote:When he played the solo shows in Austin in early December, he told us that he'd intended to get it cut before he headed out, but he hates it, so he didn't make time.

I remember that conversation. He said something like getting his hair cut and putting gas in the car are two things he hates. He wishes there were little gnomes (I'm thinking like the underpants gnomes on South Park) that would come in the middle of the night and cut your hair and fill the car with gas.

That's how I feel about shaving. I used to just not do it. Then my wife declared what I have come to think of as her war on beards. I hate shaving.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

sg207

Post by sg207 »

Cole Younger wrote:That's how I feel about shaving. I used to just not do it. Then my wife declared what I have come to think of as her war on beards. I hate shaving.

I fight that same war with my wife.

Well, by "fight" I mean "lose."
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

So I wonder if there's a parallel universe where school psychologists are considered extremely cool and rock stars only moderately so. If this parallel universe does indeed exist, then maybe someone is on a website posting about me needing a haircut. I hear you, Cooley! I don't mind the process of getting a haircut but finding the time to do it is difficult. Plus, I live in a small town, so I have to make an appt. I can't just walk into a "super cuts"! The barber shop takes a long time without an appointment..........

Off topic...I didn't know if anyone had noticed my new profile pic. On the way from VA to Memphis, I took my family on a second trek down the mean ole' highway. Of course we stopped in Zip City!

olwiggum
Site Admin

Post by olwiggum »

This thread is why Cooley hates the internet and message boards.

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

olwiggum wrote:This thread is why Cooley hates the internet and message boards.

:lol:
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

That was my point. I can't imagine being in Cooley's shoes and reading all this stuff about my hair. Hell, I'd probably just be glad I had hair! I bet Cooley's wondering if someone will start a discussion about his preferred brand of toothpaste! :D

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

great band name
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

But is it effecting the music :roll:
On the other hand Mrs Swamp really really likes it alot,
so maybe someone er, needs to kick his butt
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Cooley spotted me with my badass mullet outside The Slipper Club last fall and was inspired.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Beaverdam wrote:

That was my point. I can't imagine being in Cooley's shoes and reading all this stuff about my hair.

I can, 'cause I once heard him laugh, real hard and sincere.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Really? This very thread huh? He liked them until he read this the other day? :D
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.