Patterson's Guitar Stolen

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Kudzu Guillotine

Patterson's Guitar Stolen

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Y'ALL,
Last night my prized Baxendale Acoustic Guitar was stolen during our load out from The Blue Note in Columbia MO.
It was custom made for me and was my most cherished material possession.
It's a small, parlour type bodied acoustic guitar.
I have written my last five albums on this guitar and am very upset.
Anyone with any information about it, please contact us (management@drivebytruckers.com), no questions asked.
It has made an already terrible week even worse.
Thanks in advance,
Patterson Hood
Drive-By Truckers

John A Arkansawyer

Re: Patterson's Guitar Stolen

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Sometimes, it's easy to see what the reasoned response is. In this case? Real easy: Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

How much more can this poor guy take?
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

John A Arkansawyer

GW in IA wrote:How much more can this poor guy take?

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Excuse my French but are you fucking kidding me?
Beebs is not a ragey man

heartbreaker1976

Post by heartbreaker1976 »

fuckers...
I hope whatever jerk took it returns it, but I doubt it. Hopefully if they try to pawn it or something they get caught....

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

My theory is that this was planned and not just a case of some scumbag walking past and stealing the first thing he sees. Of all the guitars in the arsenal the Baxendales are the most valuable. (I don't stand along the rail and haven't seen the gear up close but I believe the SG's and Les Pauls are off the shelf factory models, not custom though I suspect they might have upgraded hardware.) A custom guitar like that probably wouldn't be easy to fence in Columbia, MO and a pawn shop would not offer anywhere near its worth. I would be on the lookout for it someplace like Nashville or Austin; a city where a custom guitar can be more easily fenced or maybe even sold privately. Perhaps Scott Baxendale has some contacts in those cities who can be on the lookout for a guitar like that.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell »

Stealin' instruments is such a fucked up thing to do. I hope it gets returned to Patterson pronto.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I'm fucking angry. On top of all else THIS?!
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

Karma is gonna fuck up the assbag that stole the guitar. Fucking low life scum.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I guess there are 2 possibilities: The thief knew what he was doing or he didn't (i.e. it was a crime of opportunity). If the former, I doubt PH will ever see that guitar again w/out a lot of luck. If the latter, there's a chance that a straightforward appeal and/or a small reward (no questions asked) will get the job done. Or the guy, not knowing what he has, may bring it to the first pawn shop he sees. Here's hoping.

But either way, yeah a totally assholic thing to do. Like any musicians playing a club are rich (it would still be assholic but in a slightly different way). GGGRRRRRR.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

Wow. Way to make a shit week worse.
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

roland

Post by roland »

Bunch of savages.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Somebody needs a Georgia ass whuppin. I wish I could be the one to administer it.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

Stealing an instrument is some lowdown shit. Remember the scene in Jesus' Son where Fuckhead steals the leather jacket from the car, thinks about taking the guitar and doesn't? Even Fuckhead knew the karmic buttfuck that would have resulted from that.

There's a place in hell for people who rip off gear. Hope it's recovered soon. What a bummer. :(

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

I bet the guy who stole the guitar was a fucking Cardinals fan, so I'm likely not surprised.

Fucker.

When it rains it pours.

Have a drink PH and take a load off. I'm sorry.

Hopefully this is the bottom.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

What angers me is the possibility that this is some type of ring targeting musicians. In order to swipe something from a load out they would have to know their way around these venues.

It is bad enough that somebody is stealing instruments. But to steal a custom guitar is very lowdown. Most of the time it is the instrument that a musician uses to compose and record with. Even if it is insured it is a one of a kind.

Scott Baxendale will build anyone here a guitar. Just tell him what you want and he is more than happy to build your special instrument. If you don't have the money he offers classes where he will teach you the trade. Get a guitar that way if you want one so badly. Don't steal one or buy a stolen instrument. It is the absolute worst karma for a musician.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

gerg

Post by gerg »

jimmyjack wrote:Stealing an instrument is some lowdown shit. Remember the scene in Jesus' Son where Fuckhead steals the leather jacket from the car, thinks about taking the guitar and doesn't? Even Fuckhead knew the karmic buttfuck that would have resulted from that.

There's a place in hell for people who rip off gear. Hope it's recovered soon. What a bummer. :(

Well said. What an ass.

UncleFrank1990

Post by UncleFrank1990 »

Man, if I remember right, wasn't their backdrop taken the last time they played the Blue Note? In '10? Maybe that was a later show, but I remember it happening around then.

Either way, I hope the band doesn't judge all of us Columbians based on the actions of one douche-rocket. Hope Pat gets his guitar back. I know I'd go apeshit if someone ran off with one of my git-boxes.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Fucking asshole(s).
It's been a hell of a start to 2013 - here's hoping it's all uphill from here, starting with getting the guitar back.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Sub

Post by Sub »

What's wrong with people these days.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Thieves are pretty low on the totem poll of scumbags in this world. I have to deal with them every fucking day. I see moms use their kids to steal. I even saw someone use a person in a wheelchair to steal.

I don't know how these people are raised or what they're taught, but my mind has never been able to wrap itself around the idea of just taking something that doesn't belong to you. Shit, I got a sweater for Christmas, wore it to work, and someone stole it.

My condolences to Patterson. Losing that guitar has got to be a fucking shitty way to end the week
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

jimmyjack wrote:Stealing an instrument is some lowdown shit. Remember the scene in Jesus' Son where Fuckhead steals the leather jacket from the car, thinks about taking the guitar and doesn't? Even Fuckhead knew the karmic buttfuck that would have resulted from that.

Wow, the only other person in the world who has seen JESUS' SON. Also: Holly Huntere bewbs.
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Steve French wrote:

Wow, the only other person in the world who has seen JESUS' SON. Also: Holly Huntere bewbs.

I'm willing to bet the majority of 3DD has seen Jesus' Son.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

I'm speechless. Don't know what to say, other than if that was the only item that was stolen I suspect it may have been "targeted" by someone knows the value of it. This is just pure evil.

:cry: :cry:
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

UncleFrank1990

Post by UncleFrank1990 »

According to the Cracker facebook page, specifically speaking, Johnny Hickman, the thief has been ratted out by his friend, and Patterson's getting his git-fiddle back tomorrow.

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

UncleFrank1990 wrote:Man, if I remember right, wasn't their backdrop taken the last time they played the Blue Note? In '10? Maybe that was a later show, but I remember it happening around then.

Either way, I hope the band doesn't judge all of us Columbians based on the actions of one douche-rocket. Hope Pat gets his guitar back. I know I'd go apeshit if someone ran off with one of my git-boxes.

Made me wonder....did they ever get that backdrop back?
"If I'm not smiling, I'm just thinking...."

UncleFrank1990

Post by UncleFrank1990 »

Furthermore, how the fuck do you run off with a backdrop? It's pretty big, plus where do you hide the damn thing, and what the hell would you do with it anyway? It's not like you could put it on your living room wall, or something. You couldn't really sell it, that's for sure.

I'm sure I'm missing some details from that particular incident, but still...damn.

UncleFrank1990

Post by UncleFrank1990 »

But still, I say again, the guitar has been found, and will be returned to Patterson shortly. Per the Cracker facebook page.

John A Arkansawyer

UncleFrank1990 wrote:Man, if I remember right, wasn't their backdrop taken the last time they played the Blue Note? In '10? Maybe that was a later show, but I remember it happening around then.

I thought it was stolen in Los Angeles, I think from the House of Blues. Or did this happen twice?