Muscle Shoals Documentary

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

GuitarManUpstairs

Muscle Shoals Documentary

Post by GuitarManUpstairs »

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/the-rolling-stones-and-bono-celebrate-muscle-shoals-premiere-20130115#ooid=psNmplODrGl-V4qEgYgnoJwwPrvbAedM

I saw this posted on FB earlier. Looking forward to seeing it. You can see David Hood at least a few times in the trailer. Wondering if DBT is (mentioned or better yet participated) in this documentary at all?
Never going back to Buttholeville. (Good luck with that!)

olwiggum
Site Admin

Re: Muscle Shoals Documentary

Post by olwiggum »

Looks like it's gonna focus on the past and not the present, so I doubt DBT get much screen-time. This is one of about 3-4 different documentaries about Muscle Shoals that is in some form of production (pre-production or post-production).

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Thanks for the link Guitar Man. I see Bono couldn't help but add his 2 cents in there.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

GuitarManUpstairs

Post by GuitarManUpstairs »

Can we get a bootleg of that? Seriously cool.
Never going back to Buttholeville. (Good luck with that!)

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

I was talking to my wife this morning and asked about ordering Muscle Shoals, but it turns out she was going to order it for my birthday; however, we both looked and neither could find a place to order it. Does anyone know if the documentary will be available on DVD? I'm sure I don't live near anywhere it is being screened.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

The info about screenings is linked below.

https://www.facebook.com/muscleshoalsmo ... 2544333196
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Kudzu Guillotine

Beaverdam wrote:I was talking to my wife this morning and asked about ordering Muscle Shoals, but it turns out she was going to order it for my birthday; however, we both looked and neither could find a place to order it. Does anyone know if the documentary will be available on DVD? I'm sure I don't live near anywhere it is being screened.

I'm not sure but I would imagine it would be released on DVD at some point. As of today it's available On Demand and on iTunes so even if you don't have a theatre near you, you can still watch it. Looks like it'll be playing in my area as of October 18th so I'll probably hold out until then to watch it.

JAYFROMBAMA

Post by JAYFROMBAMA »

The documentary will eventually be released on DVD. For those of you in the Richmond area, it's showing at Bowtie on November 1. I'm working on doing a brief intro and a short Q & A after the showing. The NYC premier was a VERY special night in all regards! It doesn't get any better than a band made up of Spooner Oldham, Jimmy Johnson, David Hood, Patterson Hood and Brad Morgan!!!

bnzz

Post by bnzz »

Wow! What a great film! FYI, I was flipping through my Comcast on demand and you can order it. Well Worth it. If you can watch this film and not get goosebumps the whole way, I don't know what to say. So many back stories, things that made light bulbs go on. I took my wife on a 10 journey to the Shoals this summer, hidden in that trip was a Hood Cooley show in Auburn, and I went and had to stand at 3619 and get my picture and go to Fame Studios(I walked up to the door but afraid to go in) she couldn't figure out why I had to go, I don't think she still knows why we made that trip....but I do...watch this film and you will too.

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

bnzz wrote:Wow! What a great film! FYI, I was flipping through my Comcast on demand and you can order it. Well Worth it. If you can watch this film and not get goosebumps the whole way, I don't know what to say. So many back stories, things that made light bulbs go on. I took my wife on a 10 journey to the Shoals this summer, hidden in that trip was a Hood Cooley show in Auburn, and I went and had to stand at 3619 and get my picture and go to Fame Studios(I walked up to the door but afraid to go in) she couldn't figure out why I had to go, I don't think she still knows why we made that trip....but I do...watch this film and you will too.

Watched it last night on Comcast, when it wasn't goosebumps, I was getting a little teary eyed. You can deal with the Bono stuff, because there's plenty of Rick Hall, Jimmy Johnson, Roger Hawkins and David Hood to offset.

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

Gang Green wrote:
bnzz wrote:Wow! What a great film! FYI, I was flipping through my Comcast on demand and you can order it. Well Worth it. If you can watch this film and not get goosebumps the whole way, I don't know what to say. So many back stories, things that made light bulbs go on. I took my wife on a 10 journey to the Shoals this summer, hidden in that trip was a Hood Cooley show in Auburn, and I went and had to stand at 3619 and get my picture and go to Fame Studios(I walked up to the door but afraid to go in) she couldn't figure out why I had to go, I don't think she still knows why we made that trip....but I do...watch this film and you will too.

Watched it last night on Comcast, when it wasn't goosebumps, I was getting a little teary eyed. You can deal with the Bono stuff, because there's plenty of Rick Hall, Jimmy Johnson, Roger Hawkins and David Hood to offset.

Oh, plenty of Spooner as well,..

wolfgang

Post by wolfgang »

Hey, somebody in the Shoals is finally doing something that makes sense, showing the Muscle Shoals documentary at the only theater in the area.

http://www.timesdaily.com/news/local/ar ... f6eda.html

Kudzu Guillotine

In this case, the Swampers are David Hood, Jimmy Johnson and Spooner Oldham joined by John Paul White (the Civil Wars) and Isbell backing up Candi Staton.

Swampers’ David Letterman appearance moved to Thursday