Austin 1/25/13 Emo's East

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Bill in CT

Austin 1/25/13 Emo's East

Post by Bill in CT »

In
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

ford911

Re: Austin 1/25/13 Emo's East

Post by ford911 »

Don't miss the Patterson in store at Waterloo at 5.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

ford911 wrote:Don't miss the Patterson in store at Waterloo at 5.

I'm planning to be there too. :)
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

Waterloo....one of the best record stores in America.
I miss visiting it every couple months.
"If I'm not smiling, I'm just thinking...."

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

In. Looking forward to rockin out with ya again Bill! We arrive Wednesday afternoon in time for the Whigs at Stubbs then McMurtry at Continental Club. Thursday is open, then Patterson and DBT on Friday, then truckers at Billy bobs Ft worth on Saturday!!!!!

hoosierdaddylv

Post by hoosierdaddylv »

Flying in from Nevada for DBT. Would like to go to record store promo too and tail gate. Any others?
Success on someone else's terms don't mean a fucking thing

Hillbetty

Post by Hillbetty »

It's been a minute since I was on.

Anyone interested in some drinks or queso before the show?

I was a bit bummed that this wasn't going to be held at Stubbs considering such favorable weather.

Also a tip for out of town guests, take a cab or be weary where you park on this side of town.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Hillbetty wrote:It's been a minute since I was on.

Anyone interested in some drinks or queso before the show?

I was a bit bummed that this wasn't going to be held at Stubbs considering such favorable weather.

Also a tip for out of town guests, take a cab or be weary where you park on this side of town.

Welcome back. Enjoy the show!
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

mgsooner

Post by mgsooner »

Hope things are a rockin along right now...

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

Hi, HB!! I met you @ the Tip's shows in '11. Great to hear from ya again.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

bigredspirit2

Post by bigredspirit2 »

Wow!! Amazing show!! Must say a highlight was the Three Alabama Icons instrumental jam before Southern Thang! We also got Steve McQueen, GG Allin, Heathens, and Uncle Frank! Great Lookout Mountain opener. Amazing end with Angels and Fuselage...the ringing guitars and Brad banging the big drum keeps getting a replay in my head! I may only be 15 and still a newbie (I got SRO last February and everything else + solo Patterson Hood and did my best to memorize in a month), but the goo news I can follow these guys around for the next 30 or 40 years...makes me excited for the future. Great meeting Patterson at Waterloo Records and talking to him after the show as well!Image

bigredspirit2

Post by bigredspirit2 »

Wow!! Amazing show!! Must say a highlight was the Three Alabama Icons instrumental jam before Southern Thang! We also got Steve McQueen, GG Allin, Heathens, Sinkhole, and Uncle Frank! Great Lookout Mountain opener. Amazing end with Angels and Fuselage...the ringing guitars and Brad banging the big drum keeps getting a replay in my head! I may only be 15 and still a newbie (I got SRO last February and everything else + solo Patterson for Christmas and did my best to memorize in a month), but the good news is I can follow these guys around for the next 30 or 40 years...makes me excited for the future. Great meeting Patterson at Waterloo Records and talking to him after the show as well! Image

mgsooner

Post by mgsooner »

bigredspirit2 wrote:Wow!! Amazing show!! Must say a highlight was the Three Alabama Icons instrumental jam before Southern Thang! We also got Steve McQueen, GG Allin, Heathens, Sinkhole, and Uncle Frank! Great Lookout Mountain opener. Amazing end with Angels and Fuselage...the ringing guitars and Brad banging the big drum keeps getting a replay in my head! I may only be 15 and still a newbie (I got SRO last February and everything else + solo Patterson for Christmas and did my best to memorize in a month), but the good news is I can follow these guys around for the next 30 or 40 years...makes me excited for the future. Great meeting Patterson at Waterloo Records and talking to him after the show as well!

Awesome, glad to hear you had a good time!

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

bigredspirit2 wrote:Wow!! Amazing show!! Must say a highlight was the Three Alabama Icons instrumental jam before Southern Thang! We also got Steve McQueen, GG Allin, Heathens, and Uncle Frank! Great Lookout Mountain opener. Amazing end with Angels and Fuselage...the ringing guitars and Brad banging the big drum keeps getting a replay in my head! I may only be 15 and still a newbie (I got SRO last February and everything else + solo Patterson Hood and did my best to memorize in a month), but the goo news I can follow these guys around for the next 30 or 40 years...makes me excited for the future. Great meeting Patterson at Waterloo Records and talking to him after the show as well!Image

Sounds like you had a great first show!
:D
"If I'm not smiling, I'm just thinking...."

Hillbetty

Post by Hillbetty »

Slipkid42 wrote:

Hi, HB!! I met you @ the Tip's shows in '11. Great to hear from ya again.

I remember you :) that was a fantastic weekend. I do adore the other fans like ourselves at the show - very easy to see the respect and have a reason to want to make plans for the next road trip.

bigredspirit2

Post by bigredspirit2 »

Setlist

01 Intro
02 Lookout Mountain
03 Ghost To Most
04 The Three Great Alabama Icons
05 The Southern Thing
06 Gravity's Gone
07 Used To Be A Cop
08 Where The Devil Wont Stay
09 Heathens
10 Women Without Whiskey
11 Goode's Field Road
12 3 Dimes Down
13 Sink Hole
14 Uncle Frank
15 Steve McQueen
16 Birthday Boy
17 Girls Who Smoke
18 Play It All Night Long
19 Get Downtown
20 Hell No, I Ain't Happy
21 encore
22 Marry Me
23 The Night G.G. Allin Came To Town
24 Zip City
25 Let There Be Rock
26 Shut Up And Get On The Plane
27 Angels And Fuselage

Just saw an awesome recording with great sonics and minimum crowd noise at archive: http://archive.org/details/dbt2013-01-25.flac16. Literally, one of the best auds I've ever heard.

ford911

Post by ford911 »

Anyone tape houndmouth?

leehookem

Post by leehookem »

I recorded them as well. Haven't had a chance to track it out yet. It was a nice set. First time to hear those guys. I was impressed. And thanks for the compliment on the recording bigredspirit.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

This is definitely an above average show in my opinion and a far above average recording of this show. It is very crisp. Listening to this show has definitely made the firestorm that has been my work day more enjoyable. This is a good one. Angels and Fuselage doesn't deviate that much from night to night, but I can really appreciate the pain and composure in his voice. I saw the spacey instrumental 3 Alabama Icons>Southern Thing in Athens, but Southern Thing sounds especially filled with thick funkiness. I stay particularly locked into the personality exuding from Matt Patton's bass-playing and I love it.

Thanks Leehookem, Gordon, Team Dirty South, and all other tapers for your efforts over the years. I would catch every DBT show if I were Bill in CT :D , but the recordings allow me to experience them second-hand. Thanks again.