San Francisco, CA -- Saturday, May 8, 2010 -- Fillmore

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

San Francisco, CA -- Saturday, May 8, 2010 -- Fillmore

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

Lurleen & JimmyC will be in the house. Arriving Thursday.
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

sactochris

Re: San Francisco, CA -- Saturday, May 8, 2010 -- Fillmore

Post by sactochris »

I arrive in the city on Thursday to see The Hold Steady.
Last edited by sactochris on Sun May 02, 2010 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep calm and have a cigar

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Will likely be hitting the city on Friday afternoon. Staying at the Kabuki, trying to organize a pre-show thing Saturday, maybe at Pizza Inferno (easy for us to take over the place and all sit together and it's not so loud as to drown out talking) or Harry' Bar (will be very busy and we would be lucky to have more than a few sitting together). Both places are on Fillmore and have food/drink. Not sure if there is much interest in this, maybe everyone is gonna free agent it. Just thought it would be cool to get everyone together beforehand. I asked this before, please drop me an email at tarheels12@comcast.net if you might be innarested
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

I'll be in San Francisco for The Hold Steady and The Truckers. I'm saving myself for the scene.
NSFW

whatwouldcooleydo?

littlemamma wrote:I'll be in San Francisco for The Hold Steady and The Truckers. I'm saving myself for the scene.

are you staying in the city or with OBL?

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

I'm in! Bringing a newbie with me too.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

I really think this is going to be a really terrific night for me. I don't get out much anymore. My last show was Lucero on November 1st of last year. I am seeing The Hold Steady two days before the Truckers show, so im going to spend three days and nights in San Francisco. My wife and two kids are going to come down and meet me in the city the morning after The Hold Steady gig and we are going to do family/tourist type stuff on Friday and Saturday, then I get to sneak away and go see DBT Saturday night. I may just have the coolest most understanding wife on the planet.
I was able to see DBT ten times between May of 06 and November of 08 but I haven't seen them since the shows they did at The Fillmore, with The Hold Steady. Man those were a couple of massive nights. I love seeing shows at The Fillmore. The first time I went there was for The Replacements in July of 1987, right after Pleased To Meet Me came out. It was a real drag when It was closed for five years after the 89 Quake. I even asked my wife to marry me there on new years eve 98/99 at a Wilco show.It's also where I saw DBT for the first time. It's a very special place for me. I just hope they still have those 24 ounce Stella Artois on tap.
Last edited by sactochris on Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whatwouldcooleydo?

sactochris wrote:I really think this is going to be a really terrific night for me. I don't get out much much anymore. My last show was Lucero on November 1st of last year. I am seeing The Hold Steady two days before the Truckers show, so im going to spend three days and nights in San Francisco. My wife and two kids are going to come down and meet me in the city the morning after The Hold Steady gig and we are going to do family/tourist type stuff on Friday and Saturday, then I get to sneak away and go see DBT Saturday night. I may just have the coolest most understanding wife on the planet.
I was able to see DBT ten times between May of 06 and November of 08 but I haven't seen them since the shows they did at The Fillmore, with The Hold Steady. Man those were a couple of massive nights. I love seeing shows at The Fillmore. The first time I went there was for The Replacements in July of 1987, right after Pleased To Meet Me came out. It was a real drag when It was closed for five years after the 89 Quake. I even asked my wife to marry me there on new years eve 98/99 at a Wilco show.It's also where I saw DBT for the first time. It's a very special place for me. I just hope they still have those 24 ounce Stella Artois on tap.

sounds like somebody's gonna go buck wild

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

I may have a few sips that night. I sure am looking forward to seeing Jimmyc again. we met in NYC in Oct of 2007 at the TDU shows. That was a great couple of days. I'm also looking forward to meeting some more folks from the board.

Clams

Post by Clams »

sactochris wrote:I really think this is going to be a really terrific night for me. I don't get out much much anymore. My last show was Lucero on November 1st of last year. I am seeing The Hold Steady two days before the Truckers show, so im going to spend three days and nights in San Francisco. My wife and two kids are going to come down and meet me in the city the morning after The Hold Steady gig and we are going to do family/tourist type stuff on Friday and Saturday, then I get to sneak away and go see DBT Saturday night. I may just have the coolest most understanding wife on the planet.

great post
If you don't run you rust

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:

sounds like somebody's gonna go buck wild

Chris, your story sounds so familiar...i too don't get out much these days, saw my 1st DBT show May of 06 at the Fillmore, on my wedding anniversary. In 07 they played the Dirt Underneath shows, in May, on my anniversary again! Both times my wonderful wife was home w/ our girls. This year, the shows are the day AFTER our 10th Anniversary and she's going to be able to come see the DBT for the 1st time. I'm so stoked she's gonna finally get to see the Rawk Show.
And yes, WWCD, 'Buck Wild' is in effect and those Stella's are still on tap.
Hope we get there in time to meet you all...

BTW: I too was at that Replacements show in '87, my ears rang for days...
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

littlemamma wrote:I'll be in San Francisco for The Hold Steady and The Truckers. I'm saving myself for the scene.

with OBL. that's my girl. We're gonna Thelma and Louise this shit into oblivion. Stand back.
NSFW

whatwouldcooleydo?

littlemamma wrote:

with OBL. that's my girl. We're gonna Thelma and Louise this shit into oblivion. Stand back.

I'll be sure to

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

Bruno's our DD.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

He's a talented dog
NSFW

sfbamaAAW

Post by sfbamaAAW »

This is my first post. I'm new to the board.

Only 20 tickets left for the Fillmo' Rock Sho'. I could be wrong but I don't think we've ever sold out the Fillmore... been damn, damn close.

http://www.drivebytruckers.com/shows.html

Hard nips just thinkin' about it.

J.

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

sfbamaAAW wrote:This is my first post. I'm new to the board.

Only 20 tickets left for the Fillmo' Rock Sho'. I could be wrong but I don't think we've ever sold out the Fillmore... been damn, damn close.

J.

NOICE!!!
Now if we could just get a 2nd nite...and no more Co-Headlining.
Glad to see the Nor Cal music fans finally coming around...
Can't wait.
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

whatwouldcooleydo?

J.

so this could be a poster night

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

Has the band been on a Fillmore Poster yet?
I have posters the band has sold for a show at the Fillmore, but not sure if they've had their own poster commissioned by the Fillmore yet.
Anyone?

Lurleen McQueen

J.

Welcome, newbie! :ugeek:

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

Hard nips just thinkin' about it. ME TOO!!!

J.

;) ;)
you're the reason, I found 9B. I went to my first show, needed the setlist so I found your site, then bam, registered at the old place! The rest as they say is history!

so welcome back!
NSFW

whatwouldcooleydo?

PeterG wrote:Has the band been on a Fillmore Poster yet?
I have posters the band has sold for a show at the Fillmore, but not sure if they've had their own poster commissioned by the Fillmore yet.
Anyone?

I'm pretty certain (but not 100%) that the only poster they are on was when they opened for Mule at the Fillmore. I don't think there has been one for any of their own shows. I know there wasn't for the two with Son Volt or the two with THS

sfbamaAAW

Post by sfbamaAAW »

SOLD the frack OUT, y'all. First time. Hell yeah! Posters? Wouldn't y'all like to know.

you're the reason, I found 9B. I went to my first show, needed the setlist so I found your site, then bam, registered at the old place! The rest as they say is history!

so welcome back!

Very cool, LM. Glad to be of service.

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

It's official. The GF and I will be in attendance. Looking forward to my second Fillmore show (May of 2006 being the first), as well as meeting up with the community at large!

Lurleen McQueen

UTHeathen wrote:It's official. The GF and I will be in attendance. Looking forward to my second Fillmore show (May of 2006 being the first), as well as meeting up with the community at large!

Hey Heathen! Don't know if you remember, but you met me in Athens in 2008. One of your very tall friends kept reaching up to the front row and rubbing my head like I was a good-luck troll doll or something. You apologized on his behalf profusely!
I'd love to see you and meet your girlfriend. Let's keep an eye out for each other!

whatwouldcooleydo?

UTHeathen wrote:It's official. The GF and I will be in attendance. Looking forward to my second Fillmore show (May of 2006 being the first), as well as meeting up with the community at large!

ah, glad to see that they finally let you up in here! Next weekend, mi amigo, next weekend!

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

Lurleen McQueen wrote:

Hey Heathen! Don't know if you remember, but you met me in Athens in 2008. One of your very tall friends kept reaching up to the front row and rubbing my head like I was a good-luck troll doll or something. You apologized on his behalf profusely!
I'd love to see you and meet your girlfriend. Let's keep an eye out for each other!

Hi Lurleen!

Of course I remember that night, and yeah, Paul likes to fuck with people. He thinks it's funny. I think it's super cool that you and Jimmy C will be coming out to the "Left" coast for some R&R! Sounds like there is going to be quite a 9B, er, 3DD contingent in SF next weekend. Can't wait to see y'all and put faces with some of the club members that I haven't met yet. I nominate WWCD to be the unofficial ringmaster for the night, as I'm sure it will turn into a circus, and I know THIS clown will be there with bells on!

whatwouldcooleydo?

UTHeathen wrote:
Lurleen McQueen wrote:

Hi Lurleen!

Of course I remember that night, and yeah, Paul likes to fuck with people. He thinks it's funny. I think it's super cool that you and Jimmy C will be coming out to the "Left" coast for some R&R! Sounds like there is going to be quite a 9B, er, 3DD contingent in SF next weekend. Can't wait to see y'all and put faces with some of the club members that I haven't met yet. I nominate WWCD to be the unofficial ringmaster for the night, as I'm sure it will turn into a circus, and I know THIS clown will be there with bells on!

Gator McKlusky

Post by Gator McKlusky »

I had tickets to that Replacements show in my hands but I was not able to make it. I lived in SLC at the time and used to buy the Chronicle and LA Times on Sunday to see what shows I was missing in CA. So a couple of buddies and a chick we knew (we were all Mats fanatics) bought our tickets by mail and were all set for the 12 hour drive but the jackasses all dropped out a couple of days before for various reasons and I could not afford to go alone. Pathetically the exact same thing had already happened in 85 for the Tim tour at the I-Beam with the same group of people. And in 1984 The Replacements were scheduled to play The University of Utah Union Ballroom but they canceled 2 days before. My favorite band 1984--89 was the Mats and I had tickets in my hand 3 times and never got to see them. :( :(
Looks like a bunch of little whiny fucksticks to me

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

I hope to meet you "Left coasters" at the Fillmore show. Lurleen, you've impressed me with your generosity. Didn't you open your house to a bunch of 9Bers for a run of shows. Is JimmyC, "The JimmyC" who threw down serious coin for the chance to write the ultimate DBT setlist??

I briefly met SactoChris at a DBT show (I think it was the Empire Room in Sacramento). Mighta been The Dirt Underneath show in SF. Anyhow, point being is that DBT seems to attract genuinely good people! The type of people that'll restore ones faith in mankind.

Hell, I met WWCD at a DBT show and we've been close friends ever since. This time I'll be bringing a lifelong buddy, a DBT fan but a Rawk show virgin. I look forward to introducing him to some of the finest folk he'll ever meet. See you at the show.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley