Tired of the same old covers ?

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Swamp

Re: Tired of the same old covers ?

Post by Swamp »

^^^^^^^^
Those were some awesome shows!!!!
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

DJ Golf

Post by DJ Golf »

I gotta say I'm also tired of People Who Died. But the band must love it if they've played it close to 200x. I can see it as a tribute to friends who are gone - I certainly have a few of those myself.

They did McQueen/Three Steps the first time I ever saw them, at Local 506 in Chapel Hill about 2000 or so. And they encored with Keep On Smilin' after the performance of SRO that closed Sleazefest 2001 at the 506. Saw Isbell sing Moonlight Mile at the Carolina Theater in Durham right before he left the band. I've never seen Adam Raised a Cain live, but I've seen Eighteen, Rebels, Play It All Night Long & most of the other covers they do regularly.

DBT closed with Rockin' in the Free World last time we saw them, and I enjoyed that a lot. Good choice of a NY cover; IMO Southern Man or Powderfinger would just be a little too obvious.

BTW...the Chapel Hill band Snatches of Pink used to cover Billion Dollar Baby, and they would absolutely nail it. They closed their set with it opening for Rocket From the Tombs (reunion tour of the proto-punk band that spawned Pere Ubu and Dead Boys) in Raleigh a few years ago, and Cheetah Chrome came out of the dressing room to watch as soon as the drum intro started.

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

DJ Golf wrote:
Powderfinger would just be a little too obvious.

Obvious schmobvious. It's almost as if it was meant to be. Just do it Truckers.
Other NY songs that might work:

Welfare Mothers
Sedan Delivery
Cripple Creek Ferry
Mr. Soul
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

DJ Golf wrote: IMO Southern Man or Powderfinger would just be a little too obvious.

Saw Patterson do Southern Man with govt mule and it was pretty cool.