DBT Merchandise Ideas

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

Re: DBT Merchandise Ideas

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

CooleyGirl wrote:A zip up hoodie that is not in black would be cool, too, something in blue or green, maybe?
I'd really like another zip-up hoodie! The design with the cooleybird on the left was fine by me. I'm not sure what else. It's river time, so my mind is floating (ha) to canoe and camping accessories. A cooleybird lure for catching strange fish?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

"Be Careful Who You Screw" DBT rubbers.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

How about a "Nine Bullets" sock, but only one.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

The knit cap idea is cool. More baseball caps would be nice. The black flex-fit one I got several years ago is starting to disintegrate. In general, I don't like the mesh caps but I acquiesced a year ago and bought the one with the logo patch. And PLEASE get rid of that Justin Beiber-style cap! Just my 2 cents, but I think it is awful

Clams

Post by Clams »

My favorite DBT merch items are my Women Without Whiskey flask and the orange and blue ringer t-shirt that I got at my first show in March 2008.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

walthers

Post by walthers »

I'm will 211poundpork on the hats. My mesh logo is beat to hell. I loved that hat.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
CooleyGirl wrote:A zip up hoodie that is not in black would be cool, too, something in blue or green, maybe?
I'd really like another zip-up hoodie! The design with the cooleybird on the left was fine by me. I'm not sure what else. It's river time, so my mind is floating (ha) to canoe and camping accessories. A cooleybird lure for catching strange fish?
A Cooleybird fishing lure?!! Good Lord yes!!
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

artood2

Post by artood2 »

Bill in CT wrote:I would buy DBT socks with the Cooley bird logo on them.
Seconded. or thirded.

Cooley Bird Ties would be cool for the White Collar fans.

Tha Criddler

Post by Tha Criddler »

I have a T-shirt that came unstitched at the neck. I have one that got holes in it faster than anything I've ever owned. I have one that shrinked to a size that I can't wear anymore and I have a hoodie that the zipper came unstitched after one wash. I didn't own any of these for more that 4 washes before they had their problems. I just wish DBT would use better quality stuff. The hoodie I have is terrible. Some of the shirts are that super thin poly blend and some of them are super thick cotton. I have that green 2012 tour shirt that's been on sale in the DBT shop forever and that thing is the most ill fitting thing I own. I buy rock band shirts all the time and I rarely have these kind of problems. I would love to get a new hoodie but at the price they sell them for I'm scared to death to get another one.

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

How about a 45 adapter with a Cooley bird or some other DBT logo on it?
Keep calm and have a cigar

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Cole Younger wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:
A Cooleybird fishing lure?!! Good Lord yes!!
I'm just a little worried what it'd catch. But yeah, something cast out of soft plastic, like a worm or a frog. Or maybe a wire frame, with trailers. It's been some time since I've fished, so I'm out of touch with what they're biting on lately.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

i would like to get another one of these to hang from my truck mirror.

“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Tha Criddler wrote:I have a T-shirt that came unstitched at the neck. I have one that got holes in it faster than anything I've ever owned. I have one that shrinked to a size that I can't wear anymore and I have a hoodie that the zipper came unstitched after one wash. I didn't own any of these for more that 4 washes before they had their problems. I just wish DBT would use better quality stuff. The hoodie I have is terrible. Some of the shirts are that super thin poly blend and some of them are super thick cotton. I have that green 2012 tour shirt that's been on sale in the DBT shop forever and that thing is the most ill fitting thing I own. I buy rock band shirts all the time and I rarely have these kind of problems. I would love to get a new hoodie but at the price they sell them for I'm scared to death to get another one.
I haven't had these many issues with shirts and hoodies (as a matter of fact I really like the one zip up hoodie that I own) but I do wish the quality of the tshirts were more consistent.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Gravity's Gone Gravity Boots!

Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

brett27295 wrote:
Tha Criddler wrote:I have a T-shirt that came unstitched at the neck. I have one that got holes in it faster than anything I've ever owned. I have one that shrinked to a size that I can't wear anymore and I have a hoodie that the zipper came unstitched after one wash. I didn't own any of these for more that 4 washes before they had their problems. I just wish DBT would use better quality stuff. The hoodie I have is terrible. Some of the shirts are that super thin poly blend and some of them are super thick cotton. I have that green 2012 tour shirt that's been on sale in the DBT shop forever and that thing is the most ill fitting thing I own. I buy rock band shirts all the time and I rarely have these kind of problems. I would love to get a new hoodie but at the price they sell them for I'm scared to death to get another one.
I haven't had these many issues with shirts and hoodies (as a matter of fact I really like the one zip up hoodie that I own) but I do wish the quality of the tshirts were more consistent.
I would prefer they all be the heavyweight cotton but I know the thinner cotton and poly blends are popular so I understand mixing it up. Still I only buy the heavy cotton ones these days.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

pearlbeer wrote:Gravity's Gone Gravity Boots!

Jeans girl would be perfect for this!
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

:lol:

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

I have three DBT tees: the "circus monkey smoking a joint" one from TBTD, which has held up pretty well. Not a huge fan of the design, but it was the best they had at the table at the time. Then there's the Daddy Needs A Drink/Cooley bird design, which shrank into a pear/mu-mu shape after only one wash, so I don't wear it much. I also have the English Oceans cover tee, which is starting to fall apart after about two years of regular wear. I don't know anything about materials and blends and whatnot, but I had an American Apparel Mogwai tee that lasted about 8 years before disintegrating in the wash one day, so something like that would be an improvement.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

I'd love it if they went the American Apparel route or a similar make of t shirt. Not at all a fan of the brand or type of t shirt they use, to the point of never wearing the ones I have.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

LagoonField

Post by LagoonField »

We would love another set of Wes Freed Concert Poster Refrigerator Magnets with 8 more really cool shows.

We move ours (we have 8) around on the fridge every few months just to entertain ourselves.

But we get alot of comments and weird looks when new people stop by the house and reach in the fridge to grab the first beer of the day.....

Hope everyone is having a fun Spring and a good start to the Summer.... Tim

artood2

Post by artood2 »

Embroidered Cooley Bird Badges Would be awesome!

roland

Post by roland »

bovine knievel wrote:i would like to get another one of these to hang from my truck mirror.

I've worn mine every day since the DBT/Hold Steady show at Tabernacle!

Mekaus

Post by Mekaus »

bologna and mayonnaise sandwiches

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

bogart

Post by bogart »

I would love the opportunity to get one of those silver Cooley Birds, too. But not for my truck, which I don't have.
And more ladies T's.

Tha Criddler

Post by Tha Criddler »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
brett27295 wrote:
I would prefer they all be the heavyweight cotton but I know the thinner cotton and poly blends are popular so I understand mixing it up. Still I only buy the heavy cotton ones these days.
I really like the thinner all cotton shirts but hardly anyone uses them. I like the American Apparel shirts but those things run small for me.

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

i wanted to piss off the assholes.....

middle aged southern white working class evangelical background male

what color are they?

on t-shirts. all colors and sizes. font has to be big and bible print looking.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Thanks for all of the suggestions! We'll see what happens.
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

Can we get some sort of cry towel for all the "fans" bitching about the new album? :roll: