DBT Merchandise Ideas

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Smitty

DBT Merchandise Ideas

Post by Smitty »

brought over from the facebook thread...
what would you like to see on the DBT merchandise table?

I personally want a zippo and a "Billy Bob's Bar & Grill" t-shirt.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

bovine knievel

Re: DBT Merchandise Ideas

Post by bovine knievel »

Margo and Harold bobbleheads
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Southern IL Trucker

Post by Southern IL Trucker »

Second to the Billy Bob bar and grill shirt.
Along with some anniversary shirts when albums make mile stones.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

I suggested Dexateens cd's and vinyl for as long as Matt is playing with DBT. I was only able to order the Red Dust Rising cd from my local record store. Craig said they are looking into it but that Dexateens vinyl is hard to come by. Hopefully they can get some because there will definately be a demand for it.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

fistfightsandtears

Post by fistfightsandtears »

RevMatt wrote:I suggested Dexateens cd's and vinyl for as long as Matt is playing with DBT. I was only able to order the Red Dust Rising cd from my local record store. Craig said they are looking into it but that Dexateens vinyl is hard to come by. Hopefully they can get some because there will definately be a demand for it.

I second that
its kinda like an erection at church, you just can't beat it

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

More 3XL , 4XL & 5Xl sizes for shirts would be great, I know lots of fans are pining for those sizes.

I'd like a long sleeve shirt option but not like the skin tight kind that was out a few years back, I couldn't get an arm in those.

Stickers that are along the lines of the backstage passes, I've had tons of people say they want one just for the sticker.
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

You know what I'm going to say: long-sleeved v-necks for women. Real v-necks for real women.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

alquina
Location: Indiana girl from a town a man with a "T" wrote a song about!

Post by alquina »

one belt loop wrote:You know what I'm going to say: long-sleeved v-necks for women. Real v-necks for real women.

I am with you! We need v-necks that fit!

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

Jersey and long sleeve style shirts.
Song title themes.
"If I'm not smiling, I'm just thinking...."

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

as a father I'd love a onesie that says "daddy didn't pull out" :D

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

WORK SHIRTS
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

RMD

Post by RMD »

Not at the merch table clearly, but live downloads of shows. I feel DBT could make some good $ making shows available in flac and mp3 formats.

loopyhelsbells

Post by loopyhelsbells »

I wanted insulated coffee mugs but Craig says to bulky to carry around..but maybe for the site. Otherwise Ladies tshirts that fit..Like Cooleygirl said real women sizes. I ain't got no racing snake figure!!
It's Great To Be Alive........

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

gordonlw wrote:as a father I'd love a onesie that says "daddy didn't pull out" :D

My idea is not as good as this one!

I think a tee-shirt with a map of Alabama showing Highway 72 and a star representing Zip City would be a good seller. Last Christmas my familly and I drove from VA to Memphis, but rather than taking the usual I-40 route, we drove from VA down to Chattannoga, spent the night, and then took 72. I passed through Huntsville and even went to Zip CIty. I zipped up Tennesee and zipped back down to Alabama! I also stopped at a park on the side of the road in Tuscumbia so my then one year old could have a break from the car seat; he played and I talked to some of the locals who knew Cooley. This was a really cool trip, and I think a tee shirt showing the "Mean Ole' Highway", Zip City, and a map with other "DBT sites" would sell well!

chickenwingpuke

Post by chickenwingpuke »

A book, maybe a collection of short stories based on the life and times of Billy Ringo. (more a PH merch item) I want to hear more about this guy...I think I partied with him in HS.

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

There was a discussion about something of the running, hiking, cycling jersey type stuff over in the running thread.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4051&p=172371#p172371

Primal Wear makes all kinds of cool rock and roll cycling jerseys. They do custom batches but I have no idea how small. Also, anything form the Wes Freed universe would probably be pretty color and detail intensive.

Beebs is not a ragey man

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

I 2nd RMD's idea about SBD download of shows. At this point its industry standard, I assume it would be profitable for them.

I'd also love a DBT hoodie (it's getting cold in CO!)
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

Beebs wrote:There was a discussion about something of the running, hiking, cycling jersey type stuff over in the running thread.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4051&p=172371#p172371

Primal Wear makes all kinds of cool rock and roll cycling jerseys. They do custom batches but I have no idea how small. Also, anything form the Wes Freed universe would probably be pretty color and detail intensive.

I'd be game for this and would be happy to help out as I've done several cycling jerseys for various teams I've ridden for and shops that I've worked at.

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

Gaetzi wrote:I 2nd RMD's idea about SBD download of shows. At this point its industry standard, I assume it would be profitable for them.

maybe, maybe not. take phish and wsp as an example. hardly anyone buys the downloads yet everyone gets them if you know what I'm saying.

also unless Matt did full multitracks of every show (they did for a bit) then the sbd's themselves aren't very good. I know the band (patterson in particular) is not a fan of the dry lifeless sbd's.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

That's a fair point, Gordon. Obviously the Phish orginization is much larger but I really dig that Phish offers free sbd DL's of the show w a ticket purchase. It removes that whole torrent sharing or illegal DL aspect of it. At least w Phish, it's a nice gesture to the fans. But I also realize they have the $$ behind them to do that, and Panic likely doesn't.

You mentioned that there was a time when the DBT were doing multitrack recording of their shows.. Are any of those up on the Archive? I suppose this would also be a good opportunity to thank you for all you've done recording shows! As someone who started off on GD shows, I know how much work and hassle it can be taping a show and to this day I'll take a great AUD over a SBD anyday. so thanks homey!
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

RMD

Post by RMD »

gordonlw wrote:
Gaetzi wrote:I 2nd RMD's idea about SBD download of shows. At this point its industry standard, I assume it would be profitable for them.

maybe, maybe not. take phish and wsp as an example. hardly anyone buys the downloads yet everyone gets them if you know what I'm saying.

also unless Matt did full multitracks of every show (they did for a bit) then the sbd's themselves aren't very good. I know the band (patterson in particular) is not a fan of the dry lifeless sbd's.

Most bands that offer the livedownloads a few days after a show do not offer dry sbds as you say. They pull a matrix, sbd with an audience source combined. And they sound great.

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

I know ;)

all I'm saying is that dbt sbds (on their own with no aud) are dull & very vocal heavy. I'm well aware that the majority of bands that do this do it correctly as I'm sure dbt would. I don't know if this is something matt would want to take on. I'd be all for it if so (and we can still tape).

edit: I've made a good number of matrix's of dbt and none I think would be worthy of selling. granted those board feeds weren't mixed with recording in mind but I still think they would need to multitrack. just my opinion.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Beaverdam wrote: I think a tee shirt showing the "Mean Ole' Highway", Zip City, and a map with other "DBT sites" would sell well!

Get Wes Freed to draw it, something sort of like this...

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

I like the long-sleeve t-shirts that have some room. Throw a Cooley bird down the sleeve too.

I'd like a Cooley bird tervis tumbler.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Cooleybird flood lights. So you could light up your whole neighborhood or town, Bat signal-style, with a huge Cooleybird.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

"Always wear a rubber and be careful who you screw" rubbers.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Wife Beater wife beaters
ain't no static on the gospel radio

mwh

Post by mwh »

I'd like a more understated t-shirt. And maybe a Patterson Hoodie.

lynne

Post by lynne »

If anyone remembers this past NYE 2011, maybe some EZBeanies? :D
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

Mrs Swamp

Post by Mrs Swamp »

Id like to see some DBT bandana`s , zippos or even some lighter covers....
some DBT wallets would be cool to and I would also love to see some V Neck lady shirts :D

oh and some DBT flip flops .....haha ....
I've heard tales of what goes down there ...