Newbie needing help here

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

skydog77

Newbie needing help here

Post by skydog77 »

First, I'm sorry if this is an old topic. Please bear with me.

I discovered DBT in college a few years ago. Since then, I have purchased all of their CDs. I've always claimed Skynyrd as my favorite band, but DBT is breathing down their necks. So, after college my wife gets a MacBook, and I get an iPod so I can take DBT and the rest of my music wherever I go. My life is good. Then I'm browsing the iTunes store looking at DBT stuff and I find several songs that I don't have on my iTunes. Apparently, they are "album only", which means I have to buy the whole album to get the songs I don't have. I have checked on their website and can't find any available downloads. I've searched all over the web, but I can't find a way to get these songs without buying the albums again. I really don't want to buy them again for just a few songs. Can anyone tell me where I can get these songs? I'd really love to hear more than just the clips on iTunes.

From what I can gather, the songs are: Strutter, When I Ran Off and Left Her, I Hear You Hummin', Your Woman is a Livin' Thing, Just Maybe.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can point me in the right direction. Keep Truckin'!

RevMatt

Re: Newbie needing help here

Post by RevMatt »

"Your Woman is a Living Thing" and "Just Maybe" are the a and b sides of a 45 rpm single that was released on vinyl only for record store day 2010. It was a limited release but I've seen copies available in record stores for the same price they were when released. I think they might even have some left at the merch table at DBT shows. Pick this up while you can because it will likely rise in value.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Wait for "The Fine Print, Part Dos: Shonna's Revenge"
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Ha!
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

The Vic chestnut tune was off of the Sometimes Late at Night EP. Strutter was a The Big To Do bonus song along with Girls Who Smoke, I believe. I Hear You Hummin might have been a bonus song off of Go Go Boots, but I am not sure about that one.

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

Damn! ive been a die hard dbt fan since 2005 and im proud to say that i have every single studio song by them. but damn ive never even heard about Just Maybe. anyone have any more info about? thanx

The Beacon

Post by The Beacon »

Strutter a bonus on Big To Do ??????, not in the U.K Girls Who Smoke was the vinyl bonus,
Hummin' was the Go Go Boots vinyl bonus, so the question is where can a studio version
of Strutter be found?

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

The Beacon wrote:Strutter a bonus on Big To Do ??????, not in the U.K Girls Who Smoke was the vinyl bonus,
Hummin' was the Go Go Boots vinyl bonus, so the question is where can a studio version
of Strutter be found?

Maybe an itunes special? Can't remember exactly.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Smitty wrote:
The Beacon wrote:Strutter a bonus on Big To Do ??????, not in the U.K Girls Who Smoke was the vinyl bonus,
of Strutter be found?

Maybe an itunes special? Can't remember exactly.

correct
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever