Lexington 10/20

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

OkieinTexas

Lexington 10/20

Post by OkieinTexas »

After a horrible Monday I am already looking forward to the show! Who's in on this one?

Also, this will be the first time I have seen the Truckers when they aren't promoting a release. Think the set list will be wide open?

Relocated Okie
Don't you dare cock block the rock (™)Smitty 2016 all rights reserved.

rlipps

Re: Lexington 10/20

Post by rlipps »

I'll be there, Buster's is one of my favorite venues and the closest DBT ever plays to my hometown (1.5 hours). I'm sure the setlist will be varied greatly across their releases, always seem to put on a good show in Lexington.

Lexdawg

Post by Lexdawg »

I've got 4 extra tickets for $25 each if you know of anyone that needs tickets. They are $25 plus fees right now, and they will be $28 plus fees the day of the show I think. I hate that we can't make it. Thanks!

zoid

Post by zoid »

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Underscoring the aftermath was the departure of Shonna Tucker, the Truckers' bassist of eight years and, along with Cooley and Patterson Hood, one of its three vocalists and lyricists.
When asked if the split was amicable, Cooley replied, "Not especially. I've got to be honest about that. Hopefully at some point, it will all be OK."

jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

See yall there! Don't forget to arrive early for Glossary!

ccollum92

Post by ccollum92 »

This show should be awesome! First time seeing the Truckers since 08 in Louisville at the March Headliners show

RMD

Post by RMD »

LBRod wrote: Underscoring the aftermath was the departure of Shonna Tucker, the Truckers' bassist of eight years and, along with Cooley and Patterson Hood, one of its three vocalists and lyricists.
When asked if the split was amicable, Cooley replied, "Not especially. I've got to be honest about that. Hopefully at some point, it will all be OK."

Interesting. Not how it was initially spun. But I had a feeling anyway. Cooley's honesty is refreshing.

BigTom
Site Admin

Post by BigTom »

In the lot. Ready for a rowdy Rock Show.
Tumble down shack in Bigfoot County

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

BigTom wrote:In the lot. Ready for a rowdy Rock Show.

I hope that its still not paved. When I was last there people were knocking back beers out of coolers.

I'm jealous.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Glossary just covered Placemat Blues by Slobberbone. Be jealous.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

rlipps wrote:Glossary just covered Placemat Blues by Slobberbone. Be jealous.

ROCK!
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

BigTom
Site Admin

Post by BigTom »

They are tearing it up so far.

Buttholeville 
Marry Me
Buford Stick
Gravitys Gne
3 Great Alabama Icons ( no joke)
Southern Thing ( dedicated to Skynyrd)

BigTom
Site Admin

Post by BigTom »

Buttholeville 
Marry Me
Buford Stick
Gravitys Gone
Where The Devil Don't Stay
DDN
Guitar Man Upstairs
Sink Hole
Uncle Frank
Heathens
Pulaski
Mercy Buckets
Birthday Boy
PPOTM
TDD
Ronnie and Neil

Zip City
LTBR
Plane
Angels and Fuselage

Flea

Post by Flea »

That's not a Rock Show, that's a statement.
Now it's dark.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

got damn
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Flea wrote:That's not a Rock Show, that's a statement.

Well said.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

ccollum92

Post by ccollum92 »

This was an amazing show

nowigotworry

Post by nowigotworry »

I have been waiting my whole life to see Three Great Alabama Icons live. Bring it back on Dec. 30, Patterson!

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Wow, as close as you can get to the entire SRO album.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

ccollum92

Post by ccollum92 »

nowigotworry wrote:I have been waiting my whole life to see Three Great Alabama Icons live. Bring it back on Dec. 30, Patterson!

It was the 35th anniversary of the plane crash so I reckon that had a lot to do with it

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

BigTom wrote:Buttholeville 
Marry Me
Buford Stick
Gravitys Gone
Where The Devil Don't Stay
DDN
Guitar Man Upstairs
Sink Hole
Uncle Frank
Heathens
Pulaski
Mercy Buckets
Birthday Boy
PPOTM
TDD
Ronnie and Neil

Zip City
LTBR
Plane
Angels and Fuselage

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Awesome setlist, venue was pretty packed, just a little under capacity. Got a spot right behind the soundboard, which meant the sound was awesome, but the people around that area got progressively worse as the night went on. It seemed that most of the people around us were there for social time and not for the actual music. Tons of conversations going on and the always obnoxious "take a picture of ourselves at the concert we aren't even paying attention to" was plentiful as well.

As the night went on, we moved over to the area next to the merch table and hung out there. Bought some stuff from DBT & Glossary and spent the encore talking to Kelly about Glossary's plans for upcoming tours and new album. She said they'd probably be back on the road in January and when I asked about a new album, she just said they'd probably be working on it sometime next year but nothing specific yet.

Cooley seemed to be really energized, got several rock-star poses from him and obviously the setlist was amazing. Todd Beene from Glossary sat in during most of the encore and Angels & Fuselage is always a great way to end the evening.

jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

Agree about the crowd. I'm starting to hate Lexington even more than usual do for this very reason. They were barbaric at the Todd Snider / Patterson gig as well. Hafta confess I didn't stick it out till the end - was uncomfortable (I'm getting old!) and annoyed by the crowd. Capacity or not, I think, in many ways, the boys have outgrown this venue. Busters is basically just an oversized sweaty rock club, and I kept wishing (again, I'm getting old) there was more space to move.

This show was monumental for me in more ways than one, though, because I will always remember it as the show in which Matt Patton won me over in a big way. I was skeptical, as any longtime fan might be - felt like the best friend sizing up the new girlfriend or something - but his energy was palpable and, no disrespect intended to Shonna, seemed to give new life to the band onstage. Look forward to seeing him again. Hope it's a permanent sorta deal.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Here's a few more tidbits from the Lexington Herald-Leader's website:

Show review:

http://musicalbox.bloginky.com/2012/10/ ... ruckers-3/

Bonus material from the Cooley interview that was posted earlier:

http://musicalbox.bloginky.com/2012/10/ ... y/#wgt=rss

davec53

Post by davec53 »

jimmyjack wrote:Agree about the crowd. I'm starting to hate Lexington even more than usual do for this very reason. They were barbaric at the Todd Snider / Patterson gig as well. Hafta confess I didn't stick it out till the end - was uncomfortable (I'm getting old!) and annoyed by the crowd. Capacity or not, I think, in many ways, the boys have outgrown this venue. Busters is basically just an oversized sweaty rock club, and I kept wishing (again, I'm getting old) there was more space to move.

This show was monumental for me in more ways than one, though, because I will always remember it as the show in which Matt Patton won me over in a big way. I was skeptical, as any longtime fan might be - felt like the best friend sizing up the new girlfriend or something - but his energy was palpable and, no disrespect intended to Shonna, seemed to give new life to the band onstage. Look forward to seeing him again. Hope it's a permanent sorta deal.

i must be getting old, too...i always feel uncomfortable when the crowd is not as in to it as i think they should be (one of the worst is seeing Ryan Adams, where the crowd is typically quieter between songs, and having to deal with the constant shouting of requests from the crowd... "Come pick me up!"...it is just aggravating...they have a set list...let them play it!!).

i love Busters as a venue, but maybe you are right that there is just something about Lexington that brings out the assbags...it seems like every show we've seen there, someone gets tossed, and there is always people just standing around visiting. then again, it seems like those kind of folks are at almost every show i go to, so who knows. i also have to add, i don't think i've ever seen that many beards and flannel shirts in one place before! i do have the beard, but i opted against the flannel that night. :)

for the DBT shows at Busters, usually my wife and i will try to position ourselves up front to really get in to it, but more often than not, i end up beside someone who has had WAY too much to drink and can barely stand up, and inevitably the tallest person in the whole place ends up standing in front of her (which as short as she is, they don't have to be TOO tall to block her view :) ). but i told her that for this one, i'd just rather hang towards the back and enjoy it. it definitely isn't as intense back there, but every once in a while, my old bones just want to hear the music...not fight the crowd.

there definitely was a lot of chatter back there, but i tried to not pay too much attention to it. i was just over to the left of the sound booth, leaned up against a pole most of the night....talk about old! :)

i agree with you, too, about Matt. From the very beginning, my wife was commenting on how much fun it looked like he was having...how it just looked on his face like it was a dream come true to be up there. i absolutely LOVE the Dexateens, so i'm awfully glad to see that they've pulled one of the former members in to rock with them for a while.

the fact that it was the 35th anniversary of Lynyrd Skynyrd's plane going down was quite a realization and just added an amazing factor to the setlist that was played. i wondered if they would wrap it up with "Angels and Fuselage", considering they closed with it the night before, but i figured there was no way in the world they would miss the opportunity to do it. it really was just unreal...i will admit i had tears in my eyes through the whole thing and choked up several times as he was singing...it was a powerful way to end the evening.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Dave, I actually noticed the flannel & beards as well. I tweeted that there was enough flannel & beards there to stage a lumberjack competition or at least have a Brawny man look-alike contest. Definitely seemed to be the standard uniform for the night. Saw a few people get tossed, one dude's shirt was partially torn off, not sure what happened there.

codeman3737

Post by codeman3737 »

First off great show Saturday. My favorite setlists from the shows I've been to.. The guy that got his shirt ripped was probably because of the fight that broke out right in front of me. I was to the left of the stage beside the pole more than halfway towards the stage. It seemed pretty tame at first and not mny people were going to crazy and everything seemed cool. Then all of the sudden a fight broke out, out of nowhere. I was trying to pull some dude away but it wasnt happening. I swear he hit the guy 5 times in less than a few seconds. It was nuts. The worse part was when someone told me they got into it over a spot. A fucking spot! Ridiculous. I guess it worked out though because they were kicked out and I moved up to the spot they fought over. :D Great show other than that.

mhc

Post by mhc »

Rodney, I missed you. We were over on Cooley side a few rows back. No violence on our side.
Needless to say, they always bring the heat every time they come to Lexington. It took 9 years and 11 shows, but I finally got 3 Alabama Icons, Southern Thing, and Angels and Fuselage. Always great running into Monty610. Man, I've known this guy for five years now.
First show seeing Matt on bass and holy shit, he brings the energy. He head banged the whole time holding down the bottom with Brad.
The thing I love about this band is I can put them on the back burner for a while, go to a show, and see why I fell in love with these guys in 2003.
"I wonder who gets the donkey"
Clams

mhc

Post by mhc »

Angels and Fuselage
"I wonder who gets the donkey"
Clams