Dewey Beach - Thursday June 3

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Clams

Dewey Beach - Thursday June 3

Post by Clams »

Anytime you can see DBT and dip your toes in the ocean immediately after said show, well, you have to be there.

So Mrs Clams and I are in and I believe Cooley Girl and Uncle Rickey will be there as well. Not to mention emandirsdad. Not sure who else is in.

Can't wait.
If you don't run you rust

uncle rickey

Re: Dewey Beach - Thursday June 3

Post by uncle rickey »

My first ever Delaware rock show! I think. As far as I can remember. :?

Wait, check that, I might've seen The Mavericks in the early 90's in Newark, DE. Oh well. :|

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

I'll be at this show if I can get out of work early enough (say, no later than 2). The Friday at work would be rough but I want to do it...have never seen a show of any kind in Delaware before. I'll ask my supervisor tomorrow about leaving early.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Van

Post by Van »

Looking forward to the show. Leaving early for a day at the beach and drinks.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

This one should be fun! Got vaca time approved for both Thurs and Fri, hoping to drive down to NJ on Wed night to stay with a buddy.

Hey Clams, could you post the link to the hotel again, please? I forgot to write it down, d'oh! :oops:
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

uncle rickey wrote:My first ever Delaware rock show! I think. As far as I can remember. :?

Wait, check that, I might've seen The Mavericks in the early 90's in Newark, DE. Oh well. :|

Newark/Wilmington arent really part of DE, more part of PA/NJ, hence the accents,lol. DE doesnt start til you cross the canal.

emandrisdad

Post by emandrisdad »

http://www.beach-net.com/ this should help

Clams

Post by Clams »

CooleyGirl wrote:This one should be fun! Got vaca time approved for both Thurs and Fri, hoping to drive down to NJ on Wed night to stay with a buddy.

Hey Clams, could you post the link to the hotel again, please? I forgot to write it down, d'oh! :oops:

Here's the place where I'll be... http://www.bayresort.com/ It's just a block or two from the Bottle & Cork

here's the scoop on hotels from Trip Advisor... http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g3400 ... otels.html

Dewey basically looks like a sleepy beach town with a handful of dated beach motels. Rehoboth (the next town up) has more to offer but it's a couple of miles up the road.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Clams wrote:
CooleyGirl wrote:This one should be fun! Got vaca time approved for both Thurs and Fri, hoping to drive down to NJ on Wed night to stay with a buddy.

Here's the place where I'll be... http://www.bayresort.com/ It's just a block or two from the Bottle & Cork

here's the scoop on hotels from Trip Advisor... http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g3400 ... otels.html

Dewey basically looks like a sleepy beach town with a handful of dated beach motels. Rehoboth (the next town up) has more to offer but it's a couple of miles up the road.

Thanks so much! Mmm, just tried checking rates, and they say it is a minimum 2 night stay, did you run into that problem?

Clams

Post by Clams »

CooleyGirl wrote:
Clams wrote:

Thanks so much! Mmm, just tried checking rates, and they say it is a minimum 2 night stay, did you run into that problem?

I did see that when I was doing some rate checking online. But not when I called.

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Sometimes with places that do the 2 night min, you can book in advance and then call the hotel the next day and cancel the second night. Dewey is more of a party town and Rehoboth is more for the families, and the gays,lol. When I was in college and lived in dewey for the summer, my gf lived in Rehoboth. I was off on Wed, so stayed at her place tues night and then walked down the beach Wed mornings til I got to Dewey. I had to walk right through the "gay dude" beach. I always stopped right before and put on my shirt before proceeding to the 200-300' section of the **** section, would walk with my head down and look right at the sand. Then as I passed the last section with the dudes rubbing down the other dudes, id take my shirt back off and continue, lol. I think the lesbian beach was at the north end of Rehoboth. Might be different now, that was like 12 years ago. Funny stuff. Probably didnt help that I was stoned and a little paranoid,lol.

gerg

Post by gerg »

Jeremy wrote:Sometimes with places that do the 2 night min, you can book in advance and then call the hotel the next day and cancel the second night. Dewey is more of a party town and Rehoboth is more for the families, and the gays,lol. When I was in college and lived in dewey for the summer, my gf lived in Rehoboth. I was off on Wed, so stayed at her place tues night and then walked down the beach Wed mornings til I got to Dewey. I had to walk right through the "gay dude" beach. I always stopped right before and put on my shirt before proceeding to the 200-300' section of the **** section, would walk with my head down and look right at the sand. Then as I passed the last section with the dudes rubbing down the other dudes, id take my shirt back off and continue, lol. I think the lesbian beach was at the north end of Rehoboth. Might be different now, that was like 12 years ago. Funny stuff. Probably didnt help that I was stoned and a little paranoid,lol.

Not to mention completely homophobic.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Jeremy wrote:Sometimes with places that do the 2 night min, you can book in advance and then call the hotel the next day and cancel the second night. Dewey is more of a party town and Rehoboth is more for the families, and the gays,lol. When I was in college and lived in dewey for the summer, my gf lived in Rehoboth. I was off on Wed, so stayed at her place tues night and then walked down the beach Wed mornings til I got to Dewey. I had to walk right through the "gay dude" beach. I always stopped right before and put on my shirt before proceeding to the 200-300' section of the **** section, would walk with my head down and look right at the sand. Then as I passed the last section with the dudes rubbing down the other dudes, id take my shirt back off and continue, lol. I think the lesbian beach was at the north end of Rehoboth. Might be different now, that was like 12 years ago. Funny stuff. Probably didnt help that I was stoned and a little paranoid,lol.

Jeremy--your use of a derogatory word for a gay person is extremely disappointing. This is a tight knit community based on respect. If you think that there are no gay DBT fans, your head must be in the sand. Future use of homophobic slurs by anyone will be dealt with IMMEDIATELY and SEVERELY
Always go to the show

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Sorry, didnt mean to insult anyone. I was just showing my ignorance as a kid. Not too insult anyone. I should have used better judgement or explained it better. Had roommates and have good friends who are gay. I am by no means homophobic, and was just relaying the story the way I do to my gay friends, and it always cracks them up. They usually follow with, believe me, we wouldnt have been looking at you,lol. But I can see how on here it can be taken differently. I apologize to anybody I offended. And also never thought that anyone on here might or might not be gay, just not the way I think. I did a lot of other stupid shit back then and as a kid, and if putting on a shirt when I walked through the gay section of the beach is no where near the worst. Just my wording wasnt correct.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Jeremy wrote: I should have explained it better.

That's the problem with the internets. Sometimes intent doesn't come through
Always go to the show

mulehill2003

Post by mulehill2003 »

See you guys there....Truckers and the beach oh yeah!!!!

SeanP

Post by SeanP »

im there!!!
flyin in wed nite!
this is the first show of an amazing weekend!!!
dewey beach... terrytown...
and then heaven (DBT & LEVON HELM)!

Clams

Post by Clams »

SeanP wrote:im there!!!
flyin in wed nite!

Looking forward to making your formal acquaintance.

SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Clams wrote:
Looking forward to making your formal acquaintance.

it will be a let down...
im not that cool!!!
ahhh...
who am i kidding
im ALSUM ;)

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

flyin in wed nite!

Bummer. I'm sorry you won't make it to Dewey Beach, but glad you'll make the other 2.

emandrisdad

Post by emandrisdad »

Got my tickets me and wife plus 2

guinness

Post by guinness »

Guinness shall also be attending this event. Only a couple hour drive - why the hell not? I'd be a dummy if I didn't.
Paying for a house but that bitch lives in it now

Clams

Post by Clams »

guinness wrote:Guinness shall also be attending this event. Only a couple hour drive - why the hell not? I'd be a dummy if I didn't.

Nice!

CooleyGirl wrote:
flyin in wed nite!

Bummer. I'm sorry you won't make it to Dewey Beach, but glad you'll make the other 2.

Am I missing something?

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Clams wrote:Am I missing something?

Yeah, you can't tell from the quote, but Sean couldn't get a good flight to get him to this show. So he's doing Tarrytown and the Ramble but not Dewey Beach unfortunately.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Clams wrote:

OK, UncleRickey and I are confirmed for the Bay Resort, thanks for the info!

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

I just bought a ticket for this show...really looking forward to my first show by any artist in the state of Delaware.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

emandrisdad

Post by emandrisdad »

Is anyone else heading to Dogfish Head for beers before the show?

Clams

Post by Clams »

emandrisdad wrote:Is anyone else heading to Dogfish Head for beers before the show?

I'd like to, but I doubt I'll hit Dewey before 8:00PM. I'll probably check into the hotel, maybe dip my toes in the ocean and then head right over to the show.

SeanP

Post by SeanP »

wish i could have made it up....
it gonna be a great show!

emandrisdad

Post by emandrisdad »

Clams wrote:
emandrisdad wrote:Is anyone else heading to Dogfish Head for beers before the show?

I'd like to, but I doubt I'll hit Dewey before 8:00PM. I'll probably check into the hotel, maybe dip my toes in the ocean and then head right over to the show.

In that case, I'll have a few for you and see you at the show