Pittsburgh 10/25

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

CooleyGirl

Pittsburgh 10/25

Post by CooleyGirl »

In for show #100!
Who's going to help us celebrate?
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

Gang Green

Re: Pittsburgh 10/25

Post by Gang Green »

I'm strongly considering this show. Now that I know it's a special occasion, I may have to even more strongly consider this one. I would imagine the band would do something special for you guys. Maybe they'll let you choose the setlist, or maybe Uncle Ricky will get to sing "Devil Don't Stay" with the band on the stage.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Nah, nobody needs to hear that. I was actually kinda hoping to eat one of these:

Or is Primanti Bros. overrated? I've heard mixed reviews.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

uncle rickey wrote:Nah, nobody needs to hear that. I was actually kinda hoping to eat one of these:

I had one not long ago. It tasted like cardboard
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

uncle rickey wrote:Nah, nobody needs to hear that. I was actually kinda hoping to eat one of these:

i think i've been there!..that is what Ohians call a Panini (with the slaw and fries ON the sandwich)..
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Not sure I'll ever find myself in Pittsburgh but If I do I plan to crush one of those Primanti Bros sammies.

100 shows! F'ing awesome... Cooleygirl, how many years have you been seeing the band?
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Gaetzi wrote:Not sure I'll ever find myself in Pittsburgh but If I do I plan to crush one of those Primanti Bros sammies.

100 shows! F'ing awesome... Cooleygirl, how many years have you been seeing the band?

Only since 2006 if you can believe it. We had tickets to see them in 2001 when we lived in Boston (10/19/2001 according to One of These Days), but wound up going out to dinner with friends instead. I still remember not having a good time at the dinner--it was at Pizzeria Uno for chrissakes!--and thinking we should've been at the show instead. Then for the next few years I was a big fan but we were always out of town or busy when they came up our way.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Pizzeria Uno when you've got the whole North End.. Ouch!

That's amazing you guys have caught 100 shows in only 6 years. I was going through ticket stubs the other day and counted 25 Phish shows in 18 years. Not a fair comparison as I wasn't that into Phish for many of those years but still, 100 shows in 6 years is a hell of a run!!

lynne

Post by lynne »

Its a must do! Took a 5 hour each way road/day trip last year just to try one of these. I even managed to eat the whole thing. Have been dying to go back. Wish I could do the Pittsburgh show but employment gets in my way a lot lately.
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Gaetzi wrote:Not sure I'll ever find myself in Pittsburgh but If I do I plan to crush one of those Primanti Bros sammies.

It's hard to believe our first show, the only one we ever saw with Jason in the band, was 4/11/06, in London of all places!
We left the US on 4/10, our wedding anniversary, so we celebrated at the show with Luke's brother Myer, who was living in London at the time. Crazy!

Life really got in the way for a while. That was our only show that year, and we didn't see them at all in 2007.

We saw 7 shows in 2008, 11 in 2009, 32 in 2010, 34 in 2011 and have seen them 13 times this year. We've seen them in 22 states and in Canada, the UK and the Netherlands. (Yes, I'm a dork for keeping track) :ugeek: (We only count shows as being the full band, so this doesn't include Patterson Solo shows or partial band in-store performances)

It's been a hell of a lot of fun and we don't plan on stopping anytime soon!

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

"34 in 2011"

Thats an average of 1 show every 10 days! :D

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

What kind of crazy people would travel all over the place to see a rock band?
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

I saw DBT in Pittsburgh in 2005 and James McMurtry there in 2010. It's a great town. I'm hoping to make it to this show.

A friend took me to Primanti's after the McMurtry show and I enjoyed my sandwich. I liked the place better than some other famous restaurants I've been to such as Weaver D's (Athens) and Ben's Chili Bowl (Washington DC).
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

armPitt

Post by armPitt »

I'm in.

CooleyGirl and UncleRickey, I'll buy each of you a pre or post show Primanti's sandwich to celebrate your hundredth. There isn't a location terribly close to the venue, but we could work something out. Let me know!

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Ha! I like the way you think armPitt. I've been known to enjoy a late-night meal. Is Primanti open late?

Psyched that we get Glossary opening as well. This'll be great.

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

order the capicola and egg sandwich at primatis. absolutely amazing

sg207

Post by sg207 »

Primanti's is awesome, or at least it was last time I was out around Pittsburgh, which was probably 7-8 years ago.
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

armPitt

Post by armPitt »

uncle rickey wrote:Ha! I like the way you think armPitt. I've been known to enjoy a late-night meal. Is Primanti open late?

Psyched that we get Glossary opening as well. This'll be great.

The Strip District location, which is the original, is open 24 hours. I think it's the closest to Mr. Smalls too.

The Oakland and South Side locations are probably open til about 3 am on a Thursday night too. Are you staying around town that night or headed back to wherever you're from?

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

So fired up for this show, can't wait!

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

Enjoy your 100 UR & CG!
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Thanks! Super excited!

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

As it turns out, we can't make it for this milestone occasion, due to family conflicts. So, we'll see you at Nellie's for the pre NYE festivities. Can't wait to see how Patterson will acknowledge this occasion. I expect a full report.

TDB

Post by TDB »

CooleyGirl wrote: We saw 7 shows in 2008, 11 in 2009, 32 in 2010, 34 in 2011 and have seen them 13 times this year. We've seen them in 22 states and in Canada, the UK and the Netherlands. (Yes, I'm a dork for keeping track) :ugeek: (We only count shows as being the full band, so this doesn't include Patterson Solo shows or partial band in-store performances) It's been a hell of a lot of fun and we don't plan on stopping anytime soon!

I bow to your FAN-aticism :0)
I was hoping to have hit 50 states and surpassed #100 by now....but, I'm still paying the credit card bills from the 2007/08 tour!

My first show was 2005. 12 in 2006. 15 in 2007. 29 in 2008. 11 in 2009. 7 in 2010, 7 in 2011, 3 in 2012 = 85 in 7 yrs (average of once a month)
See y'all in 2013!

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

*whips out the spreadsheet*

2007 - 1
2010 - 5
2011 - 9
2012 - 9 currently, 14 by the end of the year. 4 Patterson solo shows also

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

The Buford Stick
Get Downtown
Road Cases
Gravity's Gone
Sinkhole
Uncle Frank
Puttin People on the Moon
Cartoon Gold
Box of Spiders
A Ghost to Most
The Opening Act
Women Without Whiskey
Dead Drunk and Naked
Guitar Man Upstairs
Lookout Mountain
Self-Destructive Zones
The Company I Keep
Marry Me
Hell No I Ain't Happy
Encore:
Birthday Boy
Let There Be Rock

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Road Cases and The Opening Act - two songs they don't play enough.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Tyler wrote:Road Cases and The Opening Act - two songs they don't play enough.

I would love to hear The Opening Act. BTCD is such a big album, so varied and rich.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

mhc

Post by mhc »

CooleyGirl wrote:

It's hard to believe our first show, the only one we ever saw with Jason in the band, was 4/11/06, in London of all places!
We left the US on 4/10, our wedding anniversary, so we celebrated at the show with Luke's brother Myer, who was living in London at the time. Crazy!

Life really got in the way for a while. That was our only show that year, and we didn't see them at all in 2007.

We saw 7 shows in 2008, 11 in 2009, 32 in 2010, 34 in 2011 and have seen them 13 times this year. We've seen them in 22 states and in Canada, the UK and the Netherlands. (Yes, I'm a dork for keeping track) :ugeek: (We only count shows as being the full band, so this doesn't include Patterson Solo shows or partial band in-store performances)

It's been a hell of a lot of fun and we don't plan on stopping anytime soon!

Not a dork, I kept tabs on shows like that when I went to Dead, Phish, Widespread Panic, and Truckers shows.
Here's to 100 more.
"I wonder who gets the donkey"
Clams

Maluca3

Post by Maluca3 »

Great show and great to see everyone. Too bad about the curfew. I do believe they would have kept on roaring for a good while longer. Great to celebrate that 100th show with you guys, and meet new friends, as always!

Also, though I dislike the curfew, I have a soft spot for Mr Smalls. It was the first place I ever saw DBT.
...a long day of improbable and grotesque mischief

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Have to be brief here as we're about to hit the road for Richmond. PH dedicated LTBR to us, and gave us a a shout-out at the beginning of the show. Very sweet thing to do. He's good people. We'd go to 100 more shows even if he weren't, though; as always I had a great time shouting along and moving and sweating and being moved. Here's to the next 100. Onward!