Pittsburgh 10/25

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

CooleyGirl

Re: Pittsburgh 10/25

Post by CooleyGirl »

What a night! A shout out from PH to start the show, one of our favorite DBT songs dedicated to us, a pic (twice, I missed the first toss, d'oh), & a strum on PH's guitar at the end of the night. Thank you so much, PH, DBT & crew!

Hell of a fun night. When Maluca asked what song I wanted to hear tonight, I said Greenville To Baton Rouge. Luke said ok now realistically what do you want. I said The Company I Keep. I was overjoyed to hear it! The crowd was so perfect during that song too, you could hear a pin drop in the quiet moments.
The crowd was great overall. There was one idiot who kept trying to talk to the band between songs. PH was hilarious, saying I'm sorry but I'm working here, I'm clocked in. Cooley (who has been very quiet lately ) even piped up to call the guy out. Saying do you think you're the only guy here? Did all these other people disappear all of a sudden?
Then the guy decided to try the written note approach. He somehow got it up there, despite Luke, Maluca & PA Dirt all refusing to help him. It seemed like PH looked at it but that was the end of it. Thankfully the guy got the hint & quit trying.
If you were standing near the stage, venue rules said you couldn't drink alcohol. We abided by the rules, but quickly learned we were suckers since plenty of people were openly drinking. Oh well, we had to run out of there anyway, we made part of the drive last night so staying sober was fine.
Looking forward to tonight where neither of needs to be a DD.

We had a fabulous night & can't wait for the next 100!
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

PADIRT

Post by PADIRT »

Had a fantastic time Wednesday and Thursday. Not only were the shows great, but it was nice putting faces to names on the board, especially when every one of them turned out to be good people and company. Thanks again for good times. I suffered from some DBT withdraw last night. And Uncle Rickey- good look on the Glossary CD. I think I have already worn it out.

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

It was great seeing you on Wednesday. Glad you had a memorable 100th! Looking forward to the day I hit that milestone. Hope they stick around for a few more years or I'll never get there!

mhc

Post by mhc »

Monty610 wrote:It was great seeing you on Wednesday. Glad you had a memorable 100th! Looking forward to the day I hit that milestone. Hope they stick around for a few more years or I'll never get there!

Congrats Sarah!!! I only got 89 to go Monty.
I believe I did share one of the 102 shows with her last year at Busters in Lexington.
"I wonder who gets the donkey"
Clams

whateveritsme

Post by whateveritsme »

the 'don't blame me, i voted for cooley' sticker was pretty nice at the end

markdc70

Post by markdc70 »

For all those interested, I have posted a recording of the 10/25/12 show up onto archive.org for your downloading pleasure. Be sure to search in all media types, not just in the live music archive.