Tragic loss of DBT fan

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

CooleyGirl

Re: Tragic loss of DBT fan

Post by CooleyGirl »

Welcome, Candy Apple Red!
What a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing. I'm so hopeful we'll continue to share memories of Mike for a long time to come.
He and Elliott are road trip kings. We met in NY and I was impressed they had driven from Toronto. Little did I know that we would soon be talking them into coming to Athens and they would drive there a few months later! In fact, I recall we had a "who's driving the farthest" contest for Athens, 2009, and I believe they won that by a long shot.

They made annual trips to Bonnaroo by car as well. Luke (Uncle Rickey) spoke with Elliott on Sunday, and we're happy to say Elliott is making the trip to Bonnaroo this year. In his words, Mike would be pissed at him if he didn't.

I have a photo album up on FaceBook with some happy memories of Mike, Elliott, and a few other familiar faces. I'm not sure if this link will work, but I'll try: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=6 ... 1294647349
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

jdwolf

Post by jdwolf »

Such sad news. My heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to Mike's famly & friends
I wasn't born in the south but I got here as soon as I could!!

chowderfinger

Post by chowderfinger »

Another new member here. Sad story about Mike. I was at that Northampton show too. Small friendly crowd. Best wishes to his family and friends.

Jenn

Post by Jenn »

Such a tragic loss. We'll all miss him. Peace be with you, Mike.
どれだけ涙を流せば
貴方を忘れられるだろう
Just tell me my life
何処まで歩いてみても
涙で明日が見えない

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

I've added a few more pictures of Mike to the album thanks to some friends. If you have any you would like to share, please let me know.

I keep reading this thread, as well as the one on the DBT Facebook page. Seeing people share their memories of Mike is so wonderful. For me personally, it is a great source of comfort in a sad time. It helps so much to read the stories and know others are missing him too.

Clams

Post by Clams »

I never met Mike and I had not heard of him before seeing this thread. Last night I was at my monthly poker game. One of the guys is a huge Pearl Jam fan and he's on their message boards. He asked me if I'd heard of this young guy who liked the Truckers who died and said people are talking about him on the PJ boards. Apparently Mike was a big PJ fan too. I said yeah, I'd heard about it... :(
If you don't run you rust

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Clams wrote:I never met Mike and I had not heard of him before seeing this thread. Last night I was at my monthly poker game. One of the guys is a huge Pearl Jam fan and he's on their message boards. He asked me if I'd heard of this young guy who liked the Truckers who died and said people are talking about him on the PJ boards. Apparently Mike was a big PJ fan too. I said yeah, I'd heard about it... :(

I can't figure out where I know Mike's name from, but I feel certain that I've communicated with him somewhere in the musical section of the Internets. So sorry to hear of his passing.........
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

GW's post in the Everything Else Thread was very sweet, thank you!
We spoke to Elliott recently. As long as DBT does the Jan Athens shows, he plans on making the drive from Toronto.
Not a day goes by that I don't think of Mike. I miss him terribly, but continuing to hear stories of how he touched so many people is so comforting.