Richmond, VA: The National 10/26 and 10/27

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: Richmond, VA: The National 10/26 and 10/27

Post by beantownbubba »

BigTom wrote:
Gaetzi wrote:I never had to wait for beers

This is a blessing and a curse!!!

But the curse is somewhat balanced by this:

Gaetzi wrote:I never had to wait for ... the bathroom
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

chickenwingpuke

Post by chickenwingpuke »

Did anyone actually dress up for Halloween for the show(s)? My recollection from Saturday night is a little too foggy. My wife wore her finest witch hat and I considered appearing as Billy Ringo, glass bong and all, but it just didn't work out. I think my ears are still ringing. mighty fine rock shows.
Cocaine rich comes quick, and that's why the small dicks have it all.

Lone Wolf1

Post by Lone Wolf1 »

chickenwingpuke wrote:Did anyone actually dress up for Halloween for the show(s)? My recollection from Saturday night is a little too foggy. My wife wore her finest witch hat and I considered appearing as Billy Ringo, glass bong and all, but it just didn't work out. I think my ears are still ringing. mighty fine rock shows.

yeah, quite a few dressed up actually. athens joe pulled off a great forrest gump

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

"I'm up here singing about my dead relatives and you're being a dick." Heart PH.
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

chickenwingpuke wrote:Did anyone actually dress up for Halloween for the show(s)? My recollection from Saturday night is a little too foggy. My wife wore her finest witch hat and I considered appearing as Billy Ringo, glass bong and all, but it just didn't work out. I think my ears are still ringing. mighty fine rock shows.

There were probably a good 10-15 assorted witches, rubber chicken, the guy in the robe from the Big Lebowski, a few prostitutes (though that could be iffy if they were costumes hmmmm) can can dancer, SWAT hot chic, hill billy girls, a few guys from "Duck Millionaires", giant guy dressed from the 1970 disco (w/platform shoes), students from Hogwarts, Elvis's Ghost, seriously dude how F'd up were you.

The disco guy was like 6'8" in a gold lamey shirt :lol: :lol: Another fairly tall guy in Lederhosen(sp), hat with a jaunty feather included!!!! Wow, don't want to be smoking your stash :o :D
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

Flea

Post by Flea »

The Black Canary wrote:

There were probably a good 10-15 assorted witches, rubber chicken, the guy in the robe from the Big Lebowski, a few prostitutes (though that could be iffy if they were costumes hmmmm) can can dancer, SWAT hot chic, hill billy girls, a few guys from "Duck Millionaires", giant guy dressed from the 1970 disco (w/platform shoes), students from Hogwarts, Elvis's Ghost, seriously dude how F'd up were you.

The disco guy was like 6'8" in a gold lamey shirt :lol: :lol: Another fairly tall guy in Lederhosen(sp), hat with a jaunty feather included!!!! Wow, don't want to be smoking your stash :o :D

Wassa matter, you not feeling well?
Now it's dark.

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

Flea wrote:
The Black Canary wrote:Did anyone actually dress up for Halloween for the show(s)? My recollection from Saturday night is a little too foggy. My wife wore her finest witch hat and I considered appearing as Billy Ringo, glass bong and all, but it just didn't work out. I think my ears are still ringing. mighty fine rock shows.

Wassa matter, you not feeling well?[/quote]

Ironically enough I did comparison taste testing on "things that come in a Flask, you don't know what they are, but you drink them anyway at a DBT show"

Considering I was feeling no pain Friday night actually pretty damn good, up at 5 am Saturday, took a little walk, 5 or 6 coffees, smoked my azz off (OMFG cartons of smokes $32.99!!!!, almost pee'd myself with joy) (let's refrain from the smoking can kill you stuff,very well aware of the cancer thing, thank you very much)

and still rock and rolled till about 4 am Saturday night, in full costume,at the 3rd street diner with gravy and biscuts OMG so Fn' good!!!! (while pondering the "Vending Machine of Bad Decisions" ;) )

and well because I have no shame and couldn't wait to show off my lastest addition, 25 Fn' lbs of love that seems to be following me every where...
I give you
"Can Can, aka, Le Pudgerella"

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2165813196014.2124086.1567195067&type=3

so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

Flea

Post by Flea »

It was Stoli apple vodka...
Now it's dark.

hear-no-evil

Post by hear-no-evil »

Hey guys! Hope everyone enjoyed the Richmond shows as much as I did! I ended up getting some great shots of the band.... Enjoy!

http://hear-no-evil.com/blog/2012/11/5/ ... -1026-2712

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Great pics and write up!! Thanks for sharing.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Thank you! I have my new avatar now.
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

PPOTM

Always go to the show

Clams

Post by Clams »

^^^^^ Nice one, Jonicont.

btw...

Still looking for Artist of the Week volunteers. Please PM me, before I PM you.

Thanks. 8-)
If you don't run you rust

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

Yes, this is really great work. Thanks Jonicont and others in "the crew".

I assume this show was taped since the sound on the video is so high quality, but I can't seem to find it on Archive or similar sites. Anyone?
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Always go to the show

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Always go to the show

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Many thanks to the videographers, especially Jonicont, for taping and uploading The Three Alabama Icons and The Southern Thing. To my eternal shame I was outside getting my smoke on and missed The Three Alabama Icons. And only now can I appreciate Patterson's comments about being ashamed of George Wallace. I get it as I have been embarrassed by the deeds of fellow Virginians. Yes, I'm looking at you Michael Vick.

Plus now I know why everyone was talking about goat fucking. That is priceless.

And damn if Cooley isn't shredding at the end of The Southern Thing. What a kick ass show. :mrgreen:
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Right on, jonicont! Great work, thanks as always.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

chickenwingpuke

BC, you're getting very warm. I didn't puke...however, I do admit, my STM is shite. :)

The Black Canary wrote:

gerg

Post by gerg »

Thanks, jon. Great work as always. Some of us don't remember so good and these videos are very helpful.

chickenwingpuke

These are some great videos Jon. As always, your work is first rate. Thank you for sharing.

My ears are still ringing from that weekend...I think 2013 might have to be the year of the custom-fit earplugs for this old fart!

notdaryet

Post by notdaryet »

are recordings of the shows out yet?

-justin

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Boy, oh boy, was this a fun weekend!

All of my va buddies used to talk about the time I ended up with chocolate all over the front of my pants…I think it was this weekend. Hey, there is a lot of candy on Halloween.

I think our good friends in the DVD production business captures this show. I think I will dig up the recording this weekend.

Boo, y’all!

Flea

Post by Flea »

Beaverdam wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:11 pm

All of my va buddies used to talk about the time I ended up with chocolate all over the front of my pants…I think it was this weekend. Hey, there is a lot of candy on Halloween.

I think our good friends in the DVD production business captures this show. I think I will dig up the recording this weekend.

Boo, y’all!
I think this was the Halloween I dressed as The Dude.
Now it's dark.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

10/27 was our first trip to The National and our first DBT show in VA
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Flea wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:37 pm
Beaverdam wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:11 pm

Boo, y’all!
I think this was the Halloween I dressed as The Dude.
Typecasting
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard