New October DBT Dates

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Jenn

New October DBT Dates

Post by Jenn »

どれだけ涙を流せば
貴方を忘れられるだろう
Just tell me my life
何処まで歩いてみても
涙で明日が見えない

uncle rickey

Richmond, VA 10/26 and 27

Post by uncle rickey »

Per The National's Facebook:

DRIVE-BY TRUCKERS
Fri / Sat October 26th and 27th at 8pm
Tickets on sale THIS Friday August 24th at all Ticketmaster outlets, nattickets.com, and The National box office

Woo hoo!

Shakespeare

Richmond, VA - 10/26 & 10/27

Post by Shakespeare »

At the National. Tickets ons ale Friday.

uncle rickey

Re: Richmond, VA 10/26 and 27

Post by uncle rickey »

Wow, three threads in the same minute. Guess we're all a little excited. ;) Mods, feel free to delete as necessary.

uncle rickey

Re: New October DBT Dates

Post by uncle rickey »

Fri Oct 19 Memphis TN New Daisy
Sat Oct 20 Lexington KY Busters
Sun Oct 21 Bloomington IN Bluebird

Tue Oct 23 Detroit MI St Andrews Hall
Wed Oct 24 Cleveland OH Beachland Ballroom
Thu Oct 25 Pittsburgh PA Mr Smalls
Fri Oct 26 Richmond VA The National
Sat Oct 27 Richmond VA The National

Definitely thinking about the first three, and the last two. Hmm...
Last edited by uncle rickey on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jenn

Post by Jenn »

Sorry I didn't post dates. I like people to go to the site once in a blue moon. :)
どれだけ涙を流せば
貴方を忘れられるだろう
Just tell me my life
何処まで歩いてみても
涙で明日が見えない

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Definitely have to make the Buster's show, one of my favorite venues and the closest (1.5 hours) they ever get to me.

roland

Post by roland »

What do they mean by fan club presale? Is that the email update folks or what?

Lone Wolf1

Post by Lone Wolf1 »

rlipps wrote:Definitely have to make the Buster's show, one of my favorite venues and the closest (1.5 hours) they ever get to me.

i'm in for this one also

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

uncle rickey wrote:Wed Oct 24 Cleveland OH Beachland Ballroom

This is relevant to my interests
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

(shakes head disapprovingly from nw wi)
ain't no static on the gospel radio

UncleFrank23

Post by UncleFrank23 »

uncle rickey wrote:
Sun Oct 21 Bloomington IL Bluebird

This is the very definition of cruel and unusual punishment. I'm less than an hour from Bloomington IL... easy for a Sunday night show. I can't tell you how excited I was to see them playing so close. (even though I didn't know the venue). Alas, I didn't know the venue because the Bluebird is in Bloomington INDIANA, which is over 4 hours away from me.... arrggggg!!!
Somewhere between anguish and acceptance.

lynne

Post by lynne »

Not even home 24 hours from an awesome road trip and planning the next one! Hell yea - Richmond here we come. What is the fan presale about? Do we need to join something?
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

UncleFrank23 wrote:
uncle rickey wrote:

This is the very definition of cruel and unusual punishment. I'm less than an hour from Bloomington IL... easy for a Sunday night show. I can't tell you how excited I was to see them playing so close. (even though I didn't know the venue). Alas, I didn't know the venue because the Bluebird is in Bloomington INDIANA, which is over 4 hours away from me.... arrggggg!!!

Oof. Sorry about the typo. Stupid fat fingers. :oops:

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

uncle rickey wrote:Definitely thinking about the first three, and the last two. Hmm...

...and now maybe not. Just realized I've got a work thing that week that might squash any road trip hopes. Argh. Hopefully Richmond is still in the cards for us.
Last edited by uncle rickey on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jenn

Post by Jenn »

lynne wrote:Not even home 24 hours from an awesome road trip and planning the next one! Hell yea - Richmond here we come. What is the fan presale about? Do we need to join something?

No, the fan presale just means that they're sold from DBT's ticketing rather than the club or a ticket vendor. It was confusing, I know, so I removed it.
-Jenn
どれだけ涙を流せば
貴方を忘れられるだろう
Just tell me my life
何処まで歩いてみても
涙で明日が見えない

09Gamecock

Post by 09Gamecock »

Oh, man. The Friday show overlapping Dinosaur Jr. in C'ville. That's a tough one. I get to see DBT way more than Dino, so I might have to sacrifice one night.

On another note, I really hope we get a Raleigh show or two before the end of the year!

UncleFrank23

Post by UncleFrank23 »

uncle rickey wrote:
UncleFrank23 wrote:
uncle rickey wrote:

Oof. Sorry about the typo. Stupid fat fingers. :oops:

It wasn't you, the website lists IL instead of IN.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Somebody help me out with this one.

It is being reported in a local paper that the guys are playing an inaugural version of a music festival down here in South GA.

This is being reported as absolutely being a go in the paper in Albany, GA which is basically my backyard. Needless to say I'm super pumped about this but it conflicts with the schedule that is up on their website.

I can't tell you how great this would be. It would be like them playing in Athens if Athens had never had a music scene and Patterson had never moved there.

Albany is a smallish town down here in the heart of redneck country. Got my fingers crossed.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Jenn

Post by Jenn »

UncleFrank23 wrote:

Yep R, you didn't mistype it, I didn't catch the mistake in my notification and posted it on the website wrong. I fixed it already.
どれだけ涙を流せば
貴方を忘れられるだろう
Just tell me my life
何処まで歩いてみても
涙で明日が見えない

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

Cole Younger wrote:Somebody help me out with this one.

It is being reported in a local paper that the guys are playing an inaugural version of a music festival down here in South GA.

This is being reported as absolutely being a go in the paper in Albany, GA which is basically my backyard. Needless to say I'm super pumped about this but it conflicts with the schedule that is up on their website.

I can't tell you how great this would be. It would be like them playing in Athens if Athens had never had a music scene and Patterson had never moved there.

Albany is a smallish town down here in the heart of redneck country. Got my fingers crossed.

Just found this article after a quick Google search. http://www.albanyherald.com/news/2012/a ... throwdown/

Very interesting indeed..... :geek:

UncleFrank23

Post by UncleFrank23 »

Jenn wrote:
UncleFrank23 wrote:

Yep R, you didn't mistype it, I didn't catch the mistake in my notification and posted it on the website wrong. I fixed it already.

I'd prefer you change the location of the show to Blomington IL and leave the website how it is. :lol:

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

psychobillycadillac wrote:

Just found this article after a quick Google search. http://www.albanyherald.com/news/2012/a ... throwdown/

Very interesting indeed..... :geek:

Sounds cool, I will be out of town at a 90th birthday party unfortunately. Good news is I might could make Cooley Oct 5th in Auburn at Waverly. Drivin and Cryin has played Albany before, as well as bigger acts such as ZZ Top (back when they were a bigger act). Albany is about 1.5 hours up the road from me. Makes me wonder why I have not heard about this before, BamaJam or even Toadlick (yes, that is a real name of a festival that had some pretty big mainstream country acts) advertised much further away. This festival is listed as a confirmed concert on the DBT site Oct 13th. Looks like Hood will have to catch the red eye back from Austin. Hate that I will have to miss this one being so close.
Last edited by blackwll on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jenn

Post by Jenn »

They just confirmed it for me so it's on the website now. :)
どれだけ涙を流せば
貴方を忘れられるだろう
Just tell me my life
何処まで歩いてみても
涙で明日が見えない

BigTom
Site Admin

Post by BigTom »

Definitely in for Richmond and possibly Lexington, KY.
Tumble down shack in Bigfoot County

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

I'll be doing Lexington and/or Bloomington. Sweet. Thanks DBT.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Probably just one night for Richmond for me, maybe two. Unfortunately the Friday night show is the first Carolina Hurricane's home game.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Does this mean the hiatus is over or is this still DBT working the "occasional gig"?
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

beantownbubba wrote:Does this mean the hiatus is over or is this still DBT working the "occasional gig"?

A friend of mine that was at the Winston-Salem show said that according to Patterson that they wouldn't be out as the Truckers for at least a year. When the hiatus actually gets underway, I'm not really sure.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

I'd like to cast my vote for Lee Bains III and the Glory Fires as the openers for this leg