New October DBT Dates

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

blackwll

Re: New October DBT Dates

Post by blackwll »

rlipps wrote:I'd like to cast my vote for Lee Bains III and the Glory Fires as the openers for this leg

That young man has it going on right now. I saw him with his band opening for the Dexateens (with whom he also played) after the Patterson Hood show in Auburn July 7th. He was the best of the bunch, that night.
Last edited by blackwll on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

WEST COAST PLEASE!!!
November is quite nice out here...

Enjoy the shows you guys.
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

lynne

Post by lynne »

BigTom wrote:
lynne wrote:Its past 12 and the DBT website isnt showing the pre-sale tickets yet. Am I missing something?

They are on sale...just got my Richmond tix. The link isn't active yet. If you click on buy tickets for Athens it will list all the other dates that are available for purchase.

Thanks Tom. Got the tickets, room booked at the Doubletree and car rented. Now I just have to wait till the end of October, ugh!
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

alquina
Location: Indiana girl from a town a man with a "T" wrote a song about!

Post by alquina »

Count us in for Lexington and Bloomington...the Bluebird was my 1st DBT show with the Hold Steady---what a night! We have been to both Buster's and the Bluebird several times and they are great places to see DBT! If anyone needs info where to stay in Bloomington---I will post when i get back from Athens- where I have a few, "little" things that need our FULL attention the next 3 nights! (insert me jumping up and down and screaming here)! Have a great night everyone---hope to see ya at the shows!

Flea

Post by Flea »

Gaetzi wrote:Son of a bitch!! We're in, tickets purchased!! (the link worked fine for me via DBT website)

Got to love it when a plan comes together in 6 minutes via a few emails. A buddy who went to Richmond said the Omni would be the best place to stay and either cab or walk to the National.. any thoughts on this?

The Marriot is stumbling distance from the theater. Literally.
Now it's dark.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Solid.. Thanks Flea!

So with tickets and airfare purchased, I guess I should ask.. Is the National a cool venue?
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

For someone asking about hotels close to Buster's, there are a few places downtown that are very close, but they are gonna be pricey. The Hyatt and Hilton are both less than a mile from the venue. If you want to venture farther away, the hotels on Newtown Pike, which is Exit 115 on I-75, are a few miles away and offer some less expensive choices.

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

Gaetzi wrote:Is the National a cool venue?

It is INSANE.

I am buddies w/ one of the owners, and I cannot (will not) say what they spent renovating the place. It is absolutely gorgeous. And the Truckers always play an amazing show there, because Richmond (home of Wes Freed.....and our very own Mark Lynn, right?) appreciates the band as much as any audience out there.

There's not a venue I'd rather see the Truckers play than The National. Great town, great bars, great venue, great fans!

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

ramonz wrote:
Gaetzi wrote:Is the National a cool venue?

It is INSANE.

I am buddies w/ one of the owners, and I cannot (will not) say what they spent renovating the place. It is absolutely gorgeous. And the Truckers always play an amazing show there, because Richmond (home of Wes Freed.....and our very own Mark Lynn, right?) appreciates the band as much as any audience out there.

There's not a venue I'd rather see the Truckers play than The National. Great town, great bars, great venue, great fans!

Dyn-o-myte! I probably should have considered this before locking in the trip but everything's coming up Gaetzi!
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

porkulator

Post by porkulator »

Hope I'm not the only one going to Mempho.
Living in fear's just another way of dying before your time.

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

I never stayed at Dave's Motor Lodge. I wish I did, it sounds like our style.

Detroit Rock City and Cleveland could be a weekday warrior treat if I'm not in Florida.

That is right. It was Drifter and Ryan. You were probably off being pu$$y whooped.....or living in Athens.

Our group has been falling off one by one in the last two years. I should be in Athens in January though.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

porkulator wrote:Hope I'm not the only one going to Mempho.

Pretty sure you can count me in for Memphis. The New Daisy show last fall was very well attended.
I need a Memphis weekend really bad. Love that place.

ranger185

Post by ranger185 »

Gaetzi wrote:How far a drive is Lexington from Memphis? I'll be damned if I let another tour go by without catching a few shows!! Richmond also a possibility

Not really sure how far, but I've got Memphis and Lexington tics; now waiting to purchase tickets for the show here in my town, Bloomington, IN..gonna have a DBT weekend tour..anyone up for a Graceland visit on Fri? I just looked up the distance and time for travel is about 7 hours,
Those little demons ain't the reasons for the bruises on your soul ....

kohoutek

Post by kohoutek »

BigTom wrote:
Penny Lane wrote:Plus everyone tells me I have to go to here!

This was the first bar I went to when I was 17....never got carded. I was a camp counselor at scout camp (this one time at scout camp) and a bunch of us all 16-17 years old made the road trip from Goochland, VA to here. Got shit faced drunk, didn't make the curfew back to camp and threw up in a friends new mustang.

Camp Brady Saunders :-) Never thought I'd see that on a rock band forum. Brings back memories from the late 70s.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Sadly out of all of these the only one that is even a maybe is Memphis. We shall see. I am, of course, in no way Rock Show deprived though so all is well.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Erdlivz wrote:

Detroit Rock City and Cleveland could be a weekday warrior treat if I'm not in Florida.

That is right. It was Drifter and Ryan. You were probably off being pu$$y whooped.....or living in Athens.

Our group has been falling off one by one in the last two years. I should be in Athens in January though.

It happens. My balls have been in a jar on the mantle for 14 months now. But whose counting.

I will see you in Athens then.

Maluca3

Post by Maluca3 »

Oh how I would love to hit those Richmond dates. Love that venue, so easy to stay right down the street, so much good food to be had!

Looks like it's just Pittsburgh (actually, Millvale) at Mr. Small's for me. TC, I'll be with you in the DBT drought conditions!
...a long day of improbable and grotesque mischief

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

Cubfan06 wrote:
Erdlivz wrote:

It happens. My balls have been in a jar on the mantle for 14 months now. But whose counting.

I will see you in Athens then.

I just spit out part of my burrito reading that. See you then. I do have a hall pass this weekend and am Chicago bound. Got Josh on board for a booze marathon Saturday.

porkulator

Post by porkulator »

jr29 wrote:

Pretty sure you can count me in for Memphis. The New Daisy show last fall was very well attended.

Last years show at the Daisy was a hoot! Can't wait.Chattanooga this weekend,college football starts next,then Beale Street in Oct.,life is good.See you at the rock show!

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

porkulator wrote:
jr29 wrote:

Last years show at the Daisy was a hoot! Can't wait.Chattanooga this weekend,college football starts next,then Beale Street in Oct.,life is good.See you at the rock show!

Any time you'd like to carpool to one of these, let me know. I'm in for Memphis for sure.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

[/quote]I just spit out part of my burrito reading that. See you then. I do have a hall pass this weekend and am Chicago bound. Got Josh on board for a booze marathon Saturday.[/quote]

Beth, Zoe, and I are hitting up Wishbone (on Washington) for brunch and then attending a celebration of life in the West Loop.
If you and Josh are doing anything interesting shoot me a text.

(What the fuck is this guy talking about?) Carry on the DBT discussion kids.....

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

No luck for me on the Detroit or Cleveland shows. Can't switch around my plans for that week. Out of curiosity, is anyone going to the Detroit show? It seems like Detroit Rock City doesn't get much love. Underrated city.

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Erdlivz wrote:No luck for me on the Detroit or Cleveland shows. Can't switch around my plans for that week. Out of curiosity, is anyone going to the Detroit show? It seems like Detroit Rock City doesn't get much love. Underrated city.

Detroit born and raised, gone from there for over 20 years, but still return frequently as family is still there. Looking like i can probably attend this one, my first DBT show in Detroit. My brother lives 5 blocks from the venue and its my niece's birthday that day, so I can justify the trip to the Mrs. and fly in for the show. Rock on.

OkieinTexas

Post by OkieinTexas »

Erdlivz wrote: No luck for me on the Detroit or Cleveland shows. Can't switch around my plans for that week. Out of curiosity, is anyone going to the Detroit show? It seems like Detroit Rock City doesn't get much love. Underrated city.

No offense sir, but the last time I was in the Motor City (5 years ago), it appeared to be a city with a crumbling infrastructure and a lot of dangerous areas. Have things picked up?

Respectfully,
Relocated Okie
Don't you dare cock block the rock (™)Smitty 2016 all rights reserved.

Southern IL Trucker

Post by Southern IL Trucker »

Got American Aquarium a couple weeks before in Baton Rouge then down to Memphis for some DBT going to be a great month!

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

OkieinTexas wrote:
Erdlivz wrote: No luck for me on the Detroit or Cleveland shows. Can't switch around my plans for that week. Out of curiosity, is anyone going to the Detroit show? It seems like Detroit Rock City doesn't get much love. Underrated city.

No offense sir, but the last time I was in the Motor City (5 years ago), it appeared to be a city with a crumbling infrastructure and a lot of dangerous areas. Have things picked up?

Respectfully,
Relocated Okie

Things have picked up a little up some, especially is certain (mostly small) areas. But Detroit still suffers from many of the same issues -- including those you mention -- that impact many other cities in America, especially those in the rust belt. Its a long way back and maybe its taken a baby step or two, but Detroit still has a ways to go.

porkulator

Post by porkulator »

Good to know John A.The wife and I usually try to make these weekend trips into 3 or 4 day mini vacations, but with my messed up work schedule,I might could get away to some of the other shows.Thanks for the invite.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

I am in on Memphis for sure.

ranger185

Post by ranger185 »

[quote="Gaetzi"]How far a drive is Lexington from Memphis? I'll be damned if I let another tour go by without catching a few shows!! Richmond also a possibility[o/quote]

Thought I posted a response to this the other day...oh well, I am getting old. Looks to be little over 7 hours. I and the gf are in for Memphis, Lexington and Bloomington. I live in Bloomington. I am planning on visiting Graceland on Friday around noon, if anyone is up for it. This should be a fantastic weekend. Now I need to book a couple hotels...

That guy in the wheelchair.

ranger185

Post by ranger185 »

OK.....I did post something ...lol!