DeKalb, IL 7/11

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Penny Lane

Re: DeKalb, IL 7/11

Post by Penny Lane »

Duke Silver wrote:

-Craig the merch guy is awesome. Love chatting with him.

Craig IS awesome...met him once and he treats you like he's known you forever.... ;) :D
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

StevieRay wrote:
Duke Silver wrote:Another random observation: Girls Who Smoke is way too good to be a bonus track. They should either reissue TBTD or make it the first single off the next album.

TBTD was already so completely loaded with PH masterpiece-level songs, what if the next one is just as good? Where do you go when you're at ten, and you need a little EXTRA?..... WHERE?

There's always room for one more! But if length was an issue, I wouldn't miss Wig or 4th Night that much...
ain't no static on the gospel radio

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

i would have substituted "girls who smoke" for 'daddy learns to fly"
In my blood, there's gasoline..

StevieRay
Location: A rougher ride but I saw more interesting people there

Post by StevieRay »

Duke Silver wrote:I wouldn't miss Wig or 4th Night that much...

Duke: I agree wholeheartedly about your perspectives above on the drunk nitwits, I even half-agree with your comment about not making Lester a folk hero (he almost single-handedly re-started the American Civil War with his mouth whilst setting up camp at Bonnaroo in '04)... but, Wig and 4th night are deep...

Either way - fun that we have the extreme pleasure to debate such hair-splitting nuance.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

StevieRay wrote:
Duke Silver wrote:I wouldn't miss Wig or 4th Night that much...

Duke: I agree wholeheartedly about your perspectives above on the drunk nitwits, I even half-agree with your comment about not making Lester a folk hero (he almost single-handedly re-started the American Civil War with his mouth whilst setting up camp at Bonnaroo in '04)... but, Wig and 4th night are deep...

Either way - fun that we have the extreme pleasure to debate such hair-splitting nuance.

I wouldn't cut anything - just squeeze it in after Get Downtown (I think?) like it is on the vinyl.

I wonder what their thought process was in keeping it off the CD release. They obviously love it, since they've played it live more than most stuff from TBTD.

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

Glad y'all got a good bar brawl bust up rahk show!!!!
NSFW

Clams

Post by Clams »

dime in the gutter wrote:
joelle wrote:
dime in the gutter wrote:sounds like chicago should smoke more weed.

dime,please...
dekalb is NOT chicago
not even close...on many levels
no need for weed
show rocked hard

apologies. did not mean to include present company or disparage the windy city. i got lots of peeps from chicago and they are all cool as shit. please allow me to rephrase.

sounds like a few to several concert goers from dekalb should smoke more weed.

gotta watch yourself, dime :lol:
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

StevieRay
Location: A rougher ride but I saw more interesting people there

Post by StevieRay »

Clams: Dime was right on with his lost in space reference above. Truly.

Cotter

Post by Cotter »

Yeah, good times. I fall squarely into the 'drunken mess' category as well. I even held off as long as I could before I started drinking, even ate a big meal....

But still managed to pass out at 1 AM - let me tell you, you know a guy is drunk when he won't jump into the swimmin' pool with an asian gal inviting him. Dayyyummmm...

I must've done the equivalent of 30,000 sit-ups with how many times I yukked the next morning. Hell, it took me til 6 PM before I could stomach another booze drink.

On a side note, I got 3/4 of a bottle of Jameson left over....that was disappointing to me, but I might have ended up less than alive had we polished it off.

Good show, I ended up sucker punching some dude up front that kept trying to keep me off the rail. We both got kicked out, and so I found him outside and sucker punched him again. Last I saw security was letting him back in as he was bawling his eyes out.

:mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is like asking me to dance to the sound of wolves mauling a reindeer.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

GW in IA wrote:6 1/2 hrs on the road, and I'm home again! Amazing how a long solo drive like that lets you experience every aspect of the hangover with astonishing clarity ;)
Fantastic show. I agree, shorter than I expected, but great to see the rock show in such a small room. The basement thing was a horrible idea.

I had stepped out right befor the little dust up, but I was there the whole time tensions were building, I never met Lester before last night, but I guarentee none of it was his fault. I wouldn't even say he was being territorial, just very bad etiquette on the other guys part. Great that he got back in so quickly, good on security for seeing that he wasn't the problem.

I'm really glat I got to see so many old friends, and love that I keep meeting new folks from the board.

After hours beer and JB by the pool, take out IHOP at 3AM

Somebody else can try to explain the limo ride...

"Thirty dollars for a 1.1 mile ride down the street? What the fuck is this guy smoking. Talk about taking advantage of a thunderstorm. Wait....is that a....sweet!!!!"

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

PeterJ wrote:

Jay's keys sounded wonderful, definitely added to some of the older songs. They finally played Love Like This at a show I attended, unfortunately the wife wasn't there to experience with me, now I have to find a new song to "chase".

It's so cool when they finally play a song you've chased for a while. I chased Plastic Flowers
for over 3 years before I finally got it in Oxford last fall. Then I got it again 2nd night in
Asheville. Craig even pointed it out to me after the show. He is the Coolest!
Now I'm chasing Greenville to Baton Rouge

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Managed to get a few decent pics of the show. Here you go:

That picture with Shonna centered perfectly in front of
the backdrop is wicked awesome!!

Clams wrote:
Duke Silver wrote: but 40-50 year olds cutting loose on a Sunday night? Unpredictable.

Yup, you have to watch out for those types.

OMFG!! Old drunk people at a Rawk Show. What's this
world coming to.
And fist a flying. Was Rev Todd there ;) or were the 3DD'ers
saving spots again :lol:
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Swamp wrote:OMFG!! Old drunk people at a Rawk Show. What's this world coming to.

Nah, this never happens. :lol:
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

myjeepsbigger

Post by myjeepsbigger »

Sneaky wrote:Good show, I ended up sucker punching some dude up front that kept trying to keep me off the rail. We both got kicked out, and so I found him outside and sucker punched him again. Last I saw security was letting him back in as he was bawling his eyes out.

:mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Penny Lane wrote:
Duke Silver wrote:

-Craig the merch guy is awesome. Love chatting with him.

Craig IS awesome...met him once and he treats you like he's known you forever.... ;) :D

Craig is good people. Last week I ordered a DBT album on vinyl from my a store and I felt like I was letting Craig down. And the owner of the store is my best friend, so that's saying something.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

Given to Fly

Post by Given to Fly »

Somebody posted these today.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Given to Fly wrote:Somebody posted these today.

Nice. Whoever recorded them must've been right in front of me. That was pretty much my POV all night.

wrekkr

Post by wrekkr »

the sound wasn't terribly bad sitting in the back alley by the rear entrance.

the service back there sukkt though, i couldn't even get a drink.

lots of room, i didn't have anyone busting my face for the spot right next to the door where the sound was best.

i also, didn't have to worry about my, apparently too drunk to be let in, ass bothering anyone thats got their panties in a bundle over people being drunk up front at a rock show. hopefully i didn't offend anyone while i was still in there.

i need to start bringing walking shoes for those 1 mile walks back to the hotel that turn into fukkn 6. . . . . .

saw some low lite places of the town, on my little walkabout.

...until next show, probably not for a while for me though, unless they book something close.

i will agree the 5+ hour drive solo(cause for the two hours cotter was with, he lay in the fetal position hating life) was not that enjoyable. . . although i've done longer drives more hungover.