Asheville, 8/17 & 8/18

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

CooleyGirl

Asheville, 8/17 & 8/18

Post by CooleyGirl »

Just starting a thread for these shows.
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

BostonREB

Re: Asheville, 8/17 & 8/18

Post by BostonREB »

Need to figure a way to make this work with the GA Theater shows. Might be a week down in the Dirty South.
Send lawyers, guns and money....

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

It's a nice area. Wouldn't be that hard to kill time for a few days. It's a good little hike from Asheville down to Athens - about 3 hours. I'm really going to try to swing both.

BigTom
Site Admin

Post by BigTom »

Can't make the Athens shows so I am in for these instead. Love the Orange Peel.
Tumble down shack in Bigfoot County

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Tickets bought - officially in for this.

BostonREB

Post by BostonREB »

Tix purchased. Bring on the Rawk Show!!

inman_trucker

Post by inman_trucker »

Tickets bought, both nights...now for the hard part: the waiting.
the price of bein' sober is bein' scared out of your mind....

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

In x 2.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Trying to make this happen. I need to pray to the boss gods. I'd say 82.5% certain.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

I can't be trusted at the Orange Peel. I got X'd out from drinking, lost my credit card, and (according to Craig) bought 6 DBT shirts in one night (brought home none of them!) They put something in the cherry coke there or something. :D Awesome venue, though. Very jealous.
In my blood, there's gasoline..

BostonREB

Post by BostonREB »

Penny Lane wrote:I can't be trusted at the Orange Peel. I got X'd out from drinking, lost my credit card, and (according to Craig) bought 6 DBT shirts in one night (brought home none of them!) They put something in the cherry coke there or something. :D Awesome venue, though. Very jealous.

That whole series of events made the last round at the Peel one of my favorite rawk show experiences. :D Ms. Penny trying ascertain how she ended up with the Black X of Death was a sight to behold.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

BostonREB wrote:
Penny Lane wrote:I can't be trusted at the Orange Peel. I got X'd out from drinking, lost my credit card, and (according to Craig) bought 6 DBT shirts in one night (brought home none of them!) They put something in the cherry coke there or something. :D Awesome venue, though. Very jealous.

That whole series of events made the last round at the Peel one of my favorite rawk show experiences. :D Ms. Penny trying ascertain how she ended up with the Black X of Death was a sight to behold.

i do remember one night 1 when my cousin fell into Jonicont and he gave me the look of death :D i just wanted to stand near him in case one of us needed medical attention..i mean as a doctor, why didn't he understand that. (okay sorry for hijacking--back to yer planning)..

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Penny Lane wrote:i do remember one night 1 when my cousin fell into Jonicont and he gave me the look of death :D i just wanted to stand near him in case one of us needed medical attention..i mean as a doctor, why didn't he understand that.

As I recall, you and a few other highly inebriated folks crowded into my space. The young fellow with you had his ass in my crotch. I said (and I really can't describe the tone of voice used) "Dude, This ain't fuckin' workin' for me", accompanied by the look of death. Followed by "Christine, you need to leave" Great times ;)
Always go to the show

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Thank goodness we can make these! It was a miracle to get Friday off, but I got it! :D
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

Lone Wolf1

Post by Lone Wolf1 »

i'm SO there! 8-)

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Jonicont wrote:
Penny Lane wrote:i do remember one night 1 when my cousin fell into Jonicont and he gave me the look of death :D i just wanted to stand near him in case one of us needed medical attention..i mean as a doctor, why didn't he understand that.

As I recall, you and a few other highly inebriated folks crowded into my space. The young fellow with you had his ass in my crotch. I said (and I really can't describe the tone of voice used) "Dude, This ain't fuckin' workin' for me", accompanied by the look of death. Followed by "Christine, you need to leave" Great times ;)

um...between you and Bill and your 10$ words! if by inebriated, you mean AWESOME, then yes

as an aside--that's my cousin's husband, he WAS crotching you! i mean..they're southerners..perfectly nice kid but whatever shots they serve you in the basement of the Orange Peel (where the REAL DRANKIN happens), watch out..

ps- i apologize for that night..i was well behaved the second night and that's where i began my love affair with Guitarman and Strutter (memories--like the corner of my....)

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

As mich as we love DBT and rather than saying we're too poor to go. I'm gonna go the political route
and say I will not spend my money in NC and then I won't feel so bad about missing these shows.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

GuitarManUpstairs

Post by GuitarManUpstairs »

Penny Lane wrote:um...between you and Bill and your 10$ words! if by inebriated, you mean AWESOME, then yes

as an aside--that's my cousin's husband, he WAS crotching you! i mean..they're southerners..perfectly nice kid but whatever shots they serve you in the basement of the Orange Peel (where the REAL DRANKIN happens), watch out..

ps- i apologize for that night..i was well behaved the second night and that's where i began my love affair with Guitarman and Strutter (memories--like the corner of my....)

I just wandered in here cause i was hating the fact that we can't make it back up for these this year and thought I'd make it worse by seeing whom amongst us is getting to go and revisiting memories from last year. Ah yes...the fortuitous first encounter with the lovely Penny Lane...you were on your....I'll say better behavior that night...it was fun watching you try to piece together the puzzle from the night before. :lol:

Also for us maybe the most kick ass version of Hell No I Ain't Happy we've heard to date. (And they're all kick ass as you well know.) Loved the 3 guitar harmony in the middle.

Never going back to Buttholeville. (Good luck with that!)

SteveInCTNeedsADrink

Post by SteveInCTNeedsADrink »

Meg & I are officially in for these shows! Its been since NYE since we've attended a rock show & to say we are jonesing is a complete understatement! Her mom lives 20 mins north of Asheville so we will be at both shows & spending about a week with her. Bought the tickets today so now just comes the waiting part. At least we have Jason tomorrow & Saturday then Patterson in Brooklyn in July to hold us over but damn we cannot wait!

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

SteveInCTNeedsADrink wrote:Meg & I are officially in for these shows! Its been since NYE since we've attended a rock show & to say we are jonesing is a complete understatement! Her mom lives 20 mins north of Asheville so we will be at both shows & spending about a week with her. Bought the tickets today so now just comes the waiting part. At least we have Jason tomorrow & Saturday then Patterson in Brooklyn in July to hold us over but damn we cannot wait!

Awesome. See you at all of those things! :D

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

do people fly directly into Asheville or is it cheaper/easier to fly into a bigger airport and rent a car? It doesn't appear as if there are direct flights from Denver to Asheville.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Flying into Charlotte is probably your best bet, as that's the nearest major hub airport. THat's a bit over 2 hours drive from Asheville. If you could find a flight into Greenville-Spartanburg, SC that would be about an hour closer.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Cool, thanks Tyler. That's not too crazy... Lots of cheap/direct flights into Charlotte.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Definitely in for one night, and if mom-mom is down for babysitting, possibly both. Flying into Asheville or Gsp is best option, and usually depending on airline and dates, Asheville can even be cheaper than Charlotte or gsp.

fistfightsandtears

Post by fistfightsandtears »

I’ll be there. Joined by my brother but no fears the trainer assured me he’s fully house broken and he’s being doing great with a leash
its kinda like an erection at church, you just can't beat it

Lone Wolf1

Post by Lone Wolf1 »

Swamp wrote:As mich as we love DBT and rather than saying we're too poor to go. I'm gonna go the political route
and say I will not spend my money in NC and then I won't feel so bad about missing these shows.

what's wrong with N.C.?

rawkshow

Post by rawkshow »

Lone Wolf1 wrote:
Swamp wrote:As mich as we love DBT and rather than saying we're too poor to go. I'm gonna go the political route

what's wrong with N.C.?

i'm assuming the amendment one vote....yea, that's a big black eye on the state right now...all the cities (asheville, charlotte, raleigh/durham, wilmington) voted against it but the rural areas were overwhelmingly pro :x

i'll be in for both shows. i love the orange peel & asheville is always fun.
Just cause I don't run my mouth don't mean I got nothing to say...

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

hmmm...i owe my girl in Asheville a visit...and higher elevation than Athens means slightly less disgusting weather...maybe....
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

2nd night is our five year wedding anniversary!

GuitarManUpstairs

Post by GuitarManUpstairs »

fistfightsandtears wrote:I’ll be there. Joined by my brother but no fears the trainer assured me he’s fully house broken and he’s being doing great with a leash

This is a dangerous assumption...I for one, am skeptical... :lol:
Never going back to Buttholeville. (Good luck with that!)