Asheville, 8/17 & 8/18

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: Asheville, 8/17 & 8/18

Post by beantownbubba »

RockStar wrote:It only took one look from others on the rail to confirm I will not be posting my kick ass photos of tonights ROCK show...never felt so awkward ever...I will continue my DBT journey with the DBT group on facebook...I mean really...driving all the way from from Iowa...will be on the rail again..sorry folks but tomorow is my last DBT show for awhile and I am sure some of you will be happy about that..but Im gonna go out in style..thanks again Mr. Neff and Mr. Patton for your pics tonight...see you allat the ROCK SHOW!!!! My last one...then everyone will be done with Donnelly...

Please explain :shock:
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

uncle rickey wrote:I see there was a stream. All you listeners, could you feel Patterson's fury during PPOTM?

Yes. If you're interested you can see the contemporaneous comments in the stream thread.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

hendooman wrote:
RockStar wrote:It only took one look from others on the rail to confirm I will not be posting my kick ass photos of tonights ROCK show...never felt so awkward ever...I will continue my DBT journey with the DBT group on facebook...I mean really...driving all the way from from Iowa...will be on the rail again..sorry folks but tomorow is my last DBT show for awhile and I am sure some of you will be happy about that..but Im gonna go out in style..thanks again Mr. Neff and Mr. Patton for your pics tonight...see you allat the ROCK SHOW!!!! My last one...then everyone will be done with Donnelly...

What the heck happened here? Did Patterson call you out or something? Did Cooley tell you to f-off? What could be so bad?

enquiring minds want to know
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

yea unless you were using flash (I didn't notice) and pissing them (band) off then it's fair game.

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

I see Patterson may have noticed a few requests from this board, pretty cool some of you got your wish in what songs they played. Ill throw a few out there,my wife would love a Carl Perkins Cadillac and I wouldn't mind hearing Somethings Gotta Give, Sounds Better in a Song or Daddy Hates me, but whether they get played or not Ill have a blast tonight. See yall there!

westncdude

Post by westncdude »

Last nights show was great. I met Cooley at Barley's. He walked past my table and talked for a second. He was a really nice guy.

westncdude

Post by westncdude »

bovine knievel wrote:
hendooman wrote:

What the heck happened here? Did Patterson call you out or something? Did Cooley tell you to f-off? What could be so bad?

enquiring minds want to know

I know how this guy feels although I don't claim to speak for him. Just speaking from my past experiences at "some" rock shows Something tells me it wasn't the band that made him feel awkward. I would elaborate but certain people always get mad when I tell the truth.

I will be at the show tonight and on the rail, enjoy your private party.
Last edited by westncdude on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

beantownbubba wrote:
uncle rickey wrote:I see there was a stream. All you listeners, could you feel Patterson's fury during PPOTM?

Yes. If you're interested you can see the contemporaneous comments in the stream thread.

Patterson was stomping his boots and jumping and shaking as he spit out Romney's name. It was fucking righteous.

RockStar

Post by RockStar »

Cubfan06 wrote:

Partier's remorse?

No...
Put that drinking jacket on and enjoy a little fun...

RockStar

Post by RockStar »

hendooman wrote:

No call out from anyone in the band...it was just a look from some folks on the rail when I starting taking photos of the scene, including them...they gave each other a look like, there she is with her camera and said something to each other, I was just trying to add some people photos to my rock photos...and it was only a look and I am just bummed about it that is all...I have been traveling all over to see DBT and meet heAthens from the DBT group because I felt a part of something...I am very sensitive...too sensitive and I am sure my post will have some folks think this is very stupid, which is fine...

RockStar

Post by RockStar »

westncdude nailed it about, can't quote it from above, but that is exactly what happened and I said something about...

RockStar

Post by RockStar »

gordonlw wrote:yea unless you were using flash (I didn't notice) and pissing them (band) off then it's fair game.

Never use a flash out of respect for the band...it was not that...

eric

Post by eric »

by InARazorTown » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:44 am

Unless he's had it back for a while and I missed it during the April tour, was tonight the official return of the Flying V?

I noticed it at Floydfest as well. Seems to be fairly new but has a few nicks on it, got quite a work out, especially on SRO selections.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

uncle rickey wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

Patterson was stomping his boots and jumping and shaking as he spit out Romney's name. It was fucking righteous.

YES. Noticed that too!

Westncdude-- saw Cooley there too as we were leaving.

RockStar- do your thing! Your pics are most welcome on here. Saw you rocking out hard to Glossary.
In my blood, there's gasoline..

lotusamerica

Post by lotusamerica »

What's with the angst? It's a party! Walk up to people and introduce yourself! Go to barleys and look for a group of trucker fans and join in. If someone gives you a look for taking their picture, respect their preference to not want their picture taken, smile and delete it. Or see if they want to pose...

Last night I met a bunch of new people. Lone wolf looks a lot like that pic that someone keeps posting... ;)

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

lotusamerica wrote:What's with the angst? It's a party! Walk up to people and introduce yourself! Go to barleys and look for a group of trucker fans and join in.

THIS! THIS! THIS!
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

y'all have fun tonite----watch out for each other and rock on!

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

what a great show! I mentioned it in the stream thread but Patterson dedicated Mercy Buckets to my wife and I for our five year anniversary!

when we got engaged he did 18 wheels for us (charleston 07, jasons last run). when wife was 8 months pregnant he did Everybody Needs love for us (boone 10) and now this! our anniversary is actually today but who cares ;)

rawkshow

Post by rawkshow »

gordonlw wrote:what a great show! I mentioned it in the stream thread but Patterson dedicated Mercy Buckets to my wife and I for our five year anniversary!

when we got engaged he did 18 wheels for us (charleston 07, jasons last run). when wife was 8 months pregnant he did Everybody Needs love for us (boone 10) and now this! our anniversary is actually today but who cares ;)

I was at that boone show, was a great one. there was a couple over on cooley's side last night that got engaged during Marry Me....the band didn't notice it tho but still congrats to whoever the couple was
Just cause I don't run my mouth don't mean I got nothing to say...

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

gordonlw wrote:what a great show! I mentioned it in the stream thread but Patterson dedicated Mercy Buckets to my wife and I for our five year anniversary!

I care :D Happy Anniversary!
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

GW in IA wrote:
lotusamerica wrote:What's with the angst? It's a party! Walk up to people and introduce yourself! Go to barleys and look for a group of trucker fans and join in.

THIS! THIS! THIS!

I guess angst is always looking for a proper home.

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Congrats Kelly and Gordon on your 5th! Awesome!

I remember those Charleston ggs - good times...

You gotta dig up that picture of Patterson checking out Kelly's rock! lol..

RockStar

Post by RockStar »

RockStar wrote:
Cubfan06 wrote:

Partier's remorse?

No...

Well...maybe Irish car bombs and I do 't even know if anything bad really hapoeni.g except for this post...

lotusamerica

Post by lotusamerica »

Early gathering going on at Lexington avenue brewery now. Not private! Look for table with the most ball caps...

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Couldn't resist. Flew down this morning. Ready to rock
Always go to the show

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Damn Jonicont! You freckin ROCK man - enjoy the night brother :D

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Jonicont wrote:Couldn't resist. Flew down this morning. Ready to rock

My idol.

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Jonicont wrote:Couldn't resist. Flew down this morning. Ready to rock

FUKIN ALSUM!

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

The Southern Thing
Self-Destructive Zones
This Fucking Job
Love Like This
The Living Bubba
Women Without Whiskey
Goode's Field Road
Carl Perkins' Cadillac
The Night GG Allin Came to Town
3 Dimes Down
Used to be a Cop
Where the Devil Don't Stay
Lookout Mountain
Get Downtown
Hell No, I Ain't Happy
Encore:
The Deeper In
Birthday Boy
Let There Be Rock
Zip City
Sinkhole
Shut up and Get on the Plane
Angels and Fuselage

greendirtgirl

Post by greendirtgirl »

Looks like two killer shows!!! That's for sure!