RIP Chester

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

mhc

Re: RIP Chester

Post by mhc »

Got the news from Facebook.
My heart goes out to Patterson and his whole family/
"I wonder who gets the donkey"
Clams

dcfaithful

Post by dcfaithful »

R.I.P. Chester...I absolutely loved hearing about you the first time I listened to the ACL album. :(

My thoughts and best vibes go to Patterson and family, I only met you two weeks ago...it's a shame this happened to you.

Anodyne

Post by Anodyne »

Rest in Peace, Chester.

Thoughts and prayers to all who knew and loved him.

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

There's nothing I can say that isn't said better in the song.

http://ia341008.us.archive.org/3/items/DBT2008-03-28.flac1644/dbt2008-03-28t23_vbr.mp3

A 12 minutes beauty from Richmond, March '08.

Rest In Peace, Chester.

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

"May you ride the highways of Heaven" Chester....roll on, Rest in Peace...
My heartfelt condolences to the Hood family...Thanks for letting us know PH, my prayers are with y'all in this time..
Cheers to the life of one bad ass highwayman.....

yessaidyes

Post by yessaidyes »

RevMatt wrote:Music, film and fiction fans often forget that behind the stories are real people. Most of us never met Chester. But the story Patterson tells of his mother's courtship and marriage helped all of us to believe in the strength and perserverence of the human heart. Sometimes we can endure on our own. But other times it takes two people to bring healing to each other. I often play 18 Wheels of Love and U2's "One" back to back. The songs are closer in theme than most of us realize.

Patterson, take all the time you need to be with your family. The concerts can always be rescheduled. I say this as a ticket holder.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I hope Patterson can take all the time he needs to grieve.

I'm going to have to try the U2/DBT mashup sometime.

revtodd

Post by revtodd »

Blessings and prayers to you and your whole family, Patterson.
I'm deeply sorry for your loss.

The Drifter
Location: The Drifter holds on to his youth, just like it was money in the bank.

Post by The Drifter »

That's upsetting. RIP. :(

tweedrules

Post by tweedrules »

I will keep Mr. and Mrs. Adams in my prayers. My condolences.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

yessaidyes wrote:
RevMatt wrote:Music, film and fiction fans often forget that behind the stories are real people. Most of us never met Chester. But the story Patterson tells of his mother's courtship and marriage helped all of us to believe in the strength and perserverence of the human heart. Sometimes we can endure on our own. But other times it takes two people to bring healing to each other. I often play 18 Wheels of Love and U2's "One" back to back. The songs are closer in theme than most of us realize.

Patterson, take all the time you need to be with your family. The concerts can always be rescheduled. I say this as a ticket holder.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I hope Patterson can take all the time he needs to grieve.

I'm going to have to try the U2/DBT mashup sometime.

Play eighteen wheels of love first. Think about the story of those two people. Then the lines "One love, One life, When it's one need in the night. One love, we get to share it. Leaves you baby if you don't care for it... Too late, Tonight, to drag the past out into the light. We're one but we're not the same. We get to carry each other, carry each other." I can't help but to tear up at that point.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

Here is a link to Chester's obit in the Florence, Alabama Times Daily newspaper
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/timesdaily/obituary.aspx?n=chester-w-adams&pid=143175624

They ask that in lieu of flowers donations be made to either the Alabama/Mississippi Multiple Sclerosis Society or Cypress Creek Methodist Church in Florence.

Here is a link to make a memorial donation to the AL-MS MS Society
https://secure3.convio.net/nmss/site/Donation2?idb=1308828673&df_id=13221&13221.donation=form1
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

sg207

Post by sg207 »

This is very sad indeed. I shed a tear when I read it last night.

As others have pointed out, depsite the fact that I've never even remotely met the man, through Patterson's song, I almost feel as if I had.

My thoughts and condolences go out to the entire family.
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

bogart

Post by bogart »

Patterson,

Our thoughts are with you and yours.

DragthelakeMike

Post by DragthelakeMike »

Thoughts are with you Patterson! love to your mother. He is, was and still will be a legend of 18 wheels of love.
Drag the lake Charrrlie, Charlie drag the laaake.