San Diego 14 Mar

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

alicedmillionaire

San Diego 14 Mar

Post by alicedmillionaire »

I'll start one for the show. Really looking forward to tonight! It has been quite some time since we last had the RAWK show in San Diego, and quite frankly, I think the last time may have left a bit of a bad taste in the mouth of the band members. While it was an awesome show, some d-bag decided to ruin the memory of it by taking advantage of their generosity. Also really happy to see them returning to the Belly Up. This is where I first saw 'em, so I am really psyched. I remember Patterson having a tray of shots of Jack brought up on stage and him handing them out to a few lucky souls in the front row. Combine that with their music, and I was absolutely hooked. I have been dragging people to shows and turning them on to the albums ever since.

ScottyC

Re: San Diego 14 Mar

Post by ScottyC »

I am in. Rollin solo and looking forward to it. Have heard great things about the venue.

30th show, but first ever on the west coast (and tomorrow night will be my 2nd).

Any ideas for a preshow dinner and drinks? Staying within walkin distance, but not sure where would be close.

Hell, I still need that information for the LA show as well, if anyone knows of anything good.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

ScottyC,

PM LaJakes I think he is going to the LA show. Maybe he'll invite you over to pregame in el garaje.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

Hope you guys have a great time,
the Belly Up is a great venue, you guys will have a blast...
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

alicedmillionaire

Post by alicedmillionaire »

More later, but for now (w/abbreviations)

I do believe
Gravity
Life in the factory
Marry me
Lookout mt
Pin hits the shell
Somethings gotta give
Women without
Feb 14
Ghost to most
Aftermath
3dd
Company I keep
Get downtown
Sink hole
Uncle frank
Go go boots
Birthday boy
Girls who smoke
Devil don't stay
E:
Let there be rock
Zip city
Buttholeville
State trooper

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

^^^^^

That setlist looks awesome. Wish I could've made it. Belly Up is one of my favorite venues and the DBT show I saw there a few years ago was a scorcher. Pin Hits the Shell > Something's Gotta Give is a pair I've yet to see and Something's one of my all time favs. Bring it tonight at the House of Blues please. 8-)

Scotty, I will be there tonight but not sure about any pre-game. I'm coming from OC and don't know exactly when I will get to Hollywood. I will be as close to the front with my Hood - Cooley shirt on. (I don't have to be on the rail)

ScottyC

Post by ScottyC »

Quick notes about last night.

Great venue, great sound and good crowd. The crowd was not as rowdy as usual, and no singalongs it seemed not everyone knew the songs. I spoke to at least 6 people who said this was the first time seeing them, which compared to shows in the south is a very high number (totally unscientific).

The show was a little short, esp the encore.

First show I have seen with Matt, he was very smiley ;).

I love the setlists now, its so diverse and stretches so far.

LKD. I will be on the lookout for you. I will have my Brewer hat on as always. My shirt hadn't come by the time I left ATL, so won't be in that.