One Week One Band DBT Blogging

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

jabboy15

One Week One Band DBT Blogging

Post by jabboy15 »

Hey everyone, longtime lurker here. I just wanted to share the week of writing on the Truckers I just did for One Week One Band, which is a cool music blog where each week a different writer takes over the site and writes a ton about one of their favorite bands. Here's a link to last week's DBT postings. Hope you all enjoy:

http://oneweekoneband.tumblr.com/tagged ... ers/chrono

Penny Lane

Re: One Week One Band DBT Blogging

Post by Penny Lane »

Wow, that was so good! Thank you for sharing.

Didn't know about this, either, how did I miss it?: http://bnreview.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Rock-Roll/The-Righteous-Path/ba-p/4507
In my blood, there's gasoline..

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Penny Lane wrote:Wow, that was so good! Thank you for sharing.

Didn't know about this, either, how did I miss it?: http://bnreview.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Rock-Roll/The-Righteous-Path/ba-p/4507

Damn, Penny (and jab)! And that's why he's Robert Christgau and we're not.

Looks like some seriously good work there, jab, but it's too late for me to take it all in just now.

And damn, I wish i was familiar w/ both those posts when i did "The Righteous Path" as a SOTW. On the theory that late's better than never: What Christgau and jab said :D
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

I had a conversation with Robert Christgau at a DBT show. I didn't realize who he was until I saw his picture a few weeks later. We both took seats near the corner and talked about DBT and other great bands. He asked me what my fave DBT album was and I told him that changed everyday.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

RevMatt wrote:I had a conversation with Robert Christgau at a DBT show. I didn't realize who he was until I saw his picture a few weeks later. We both took seats near the corner and talked about DBT and other great bands. He asked me what my fave DBT album was and I told him that changed everyday.

I tend to be sceptic of nature to most music critics and people who make their living from writing about music (I admit that may have a lot to do with the ignorant hipster idiots that seem to gravitate to this "profession" over here, and maybe there are more decent critics in the US that I don't know about). Christgau is one of the few people I respect. With DBT however my "faith is so strong" that I really don't care what most critics and music media have to say about them, but I guess its cool anyhow to observe that I concur with Christgau on this band. (Well well... contradiction of the day, I guess)
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Thanks for posting. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

dude, that is a ton of writing. bravo. i'm only thru george jones, but you've already hit on some good nails.

well done.

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

eagles?

jabboy15

Post by jabboy15 »

dime in the gutter wrote:eagles?

mainly a reference to "marry me."? thanks for a lot reading, glad you're enjoying!

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

need to sit down and digest this
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley