Songs you miss in the set....

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Clams

Re: Songs you miss in the set....

Post by Clams »

Smarty Jones wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:I don't know anything about a new version of Sounds Better In A Song. What's that all about?

^^This is from the Bloomington, IN show that was on the same tour leg as the Lexington run. I saw them play this version of the song in Lexington, Night 2 and my jaw literally dropped to the floor. It was a showstopping moment and it sounded incredible!! Sadly, the only other time I've heard it since then was at the Cooley solos in Birmingham. This song really needs to work its way back into the regular rotation, because this version is amazing!!

If anyone wants an mp3 copy of the updated Sounds Better in the Song for your ipod or car, you can download it from this March 2011 show at the Ogden Theater in Denver. I've been listening to it a lot lately. 8-)

http://archive.org/details/DBT2011-03-1 ... -k3.flac16
If you don't run you rust

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Your Daddy Hates Me - Love the intense slow burn on this song
Cottonseed/Daddys Cup
Steve Mcqueen
Nine Bullets
Ray's Automatice Weapon - One of my favorites off GGB, and it seems of late it's pretty rare - only twice in 2012, vs. practically every show from late 2010 into mid 2011.

RustyGoKart

Post by RustyGoKart »

I've noticed as tours get deeper, the Cooley selections seem to get fewer and the variation in the setlists more or less is in the PH songs. I feel pretty lucky in that I've seen damn near everything most of y'all are pining for (with a few Exceptions). The Little Bonnie the Downtown Rumblers played in Athens a couple weeks ago was nothing short of jaw-dropping.

Here's my short list of stuff I hope to see/hear real soon:

Checkout Time
The Night G.G. Allin Came to Town
Daddy's Cup
Panties in Your Purse
Zoloft
The Company I Keep

(What would be interesting for me would be a show where 3DD wasn't played. Seems like I've gotten like 30 of those in a row. I'm not hating on the song, but it certainly never catches me by surprise.)