New Spring Tour Dates

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

rlipps

New Spring Tour Dates

Post by rlipps »

Kudzu Guillotine

Re: New Spring Tour Dates

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Looks like the the openers are going to be Centro-matic for 4/6-14 and Megafaun for 4/17-21. Apparently they're going to be playing Wilmington, NC on 4/20 but that date isn't listed yet. This, according an update listed on the DBTs Facebook page.

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

I don't understand, I thought DBT were taking a break from touring this year. Well I might get to see them in Norfolk in April.

Lone Wolf1

Post by Lone Wolf1 »

hopin' they make it to Asheville at some point

thedudeabides

Post by thedudeabides »

I'm in for Pensacola on 4/10

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Nice southeastern swing. Norfolk is the closest they get to me. I guess I will have to make a road trip.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

Kudzu Guillotine

Gang Green wrote:I don't understand, I thought DBT were taking a break from touring this year. Well I might get to see them in Norfolk in April.

I think that was the original plan but in more recent interviews Patterson has said they would still be doing some dates, just not as extensively as in the past.

lynne

Post by lynne »

Just kill me - VA is a do able drive but on a weeknight???? Why oh why...... :cry:
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

schofunk

Post by schofunk »

in for Pensacola and Orlando. I might end up doing the whole FL run! And maybe a Bham and Atl thrown in for shiggles :lol:

Flea

Post by Flea »

In for Charlottesville & Norfolk.
Now it's dark.

Mrs Swamp

Post by Mrs Swamp »

woo hoo...DBT in Florida in April our grand daughter is due in April...
April is gonna be a good month :P
I've heard tales of what goes down there ...

RustyGoKart

Post by RustyGoKart »

Atlanta, same weekend as the Sweetwater420fest. Daytime=free tunes in the park. Nightime=RockShow at the Tabby.

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Well, these are damn inconvenient for those of us who live in the midwest. Not going to happen, unless I convince the wife that the family should spend spring break in Birmingham, Alabama. Like i said, not gonna happen.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:
Gang Green wrote:I don't understand, I thought DBT were taking a break from touring this year. Well I might get to see them in Norfolk in April.

I think that was the original plan but in more recent interviews Patterson has said they would still be doing some dates, just not as extensively as in the past.

My guess is there will be one swing through each region of the country this year, the definition of a "swing" being two weeks worth of dates not two or three isolated nights someplace like New York. With these latest dates they are up to 40 something dates for 2012? Still on a pace for 80 to 100 shows and that is not including Patterson solo. There will likely be a break at some point for recording an album. Just hope they get to do those non-musical things they had on their lists. Music is great but so is building a model railroad or a two week motorcycle tour of the southwest.

Norfolk and Charlottesville may work for me. If the weather cooperates I would love to include a motorcycle tour of the Blue Ridge Trail through VA, then go through the Chesepeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel and up the DelMarva on my way home. April is tricky when it comes to scheduling a motorcycle tour because you can get lots of rain and even a cold snap. I ride a Triumph Bonneville and don't do rain. Sorry, not that hardcore.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

thedudeabides

Post by thedudeabides »

Sooooo.... with school back in session, can we assume that David Barbe will not be with the band for these shows?

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

RevMatt wrote:
Kudzu Guillotine wrote:

My guess is there will be one swing through each region of the country this year, the definition of a "swing" being two weeks worth of dates not two or three isolated nights someplace like New York. With these latest dates they are up to 40 something dates for 2012? Still on a pace for 80 to 100 shows and that is not including Patterson solo. There will likely be a break at some point for recording an album. Just hope they get to do those non-musical things they had on their lists. Music is great but so is building a model railroad or a two week motorcycle tour of the southwest.

Norfolk and Charlottesville may work for me. If the weather cooperates I would love to include a motorcycle tour of the Blue Ridge Trail through VA, then go through the Chesepeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel and up the DelMarva on my way home. April is tricky when it comes to scheduling a motorcycle tour because you can get lots of rain and even a cold snap. I ride a Triumph Bonneville and don't do rain. Sorry, not that hardcore.

I was just getting ready to complain to my boss at work for proposing (actually she is making me go) to send me down to Norfolk for a two week project in April. I was particularly pissed because I would be there on April 18th which is my birthday and it would be my 50th birthday. I think my wife was planning some sort of surprise party, and it just seemed really depressing to spend my 50th away from home and away from my family. Well, now there's a good chance I'll be spending my 50th birthday at the Rawk Show in Norfolk. Maybe two weeks in Norfolk won't be so bad.

Kudzu Guillotine

I'm just glad they keep Wilmington on their tour schedule these days. I know they used to play Firebelly's Lounge down there some too but so many bands tend to skip right over Wilmington and that area of NC in general. Kudos to the Truckers for not doing so. Kudos as well to the Gourds who are going to be headlining the Beaufort Music Festival (in Beaufort, NC) in May. I can speak from experience that that area of NC is culturally lacking when it comes to good live music. I'm glad to see things changing for the better there. It's definitely much needed. I used to live in Swansboro (near Jacksonville) and would drive up to the Triangle several times a month just to keep from going crazy because hardly any bands would come to our area. On that rare occasion when we would get a decent band I found it damn near impossible to rally the troops to come hear them play.

ScottyC

Post by ScottyC »

Hello DBT and Lucero back to back weekends in ATL.......goodbye liver.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Luckily for me and my wallet---these dates do nothing for me!

Still crossing fingers for a Forecastle Fest appearance :D

also, how about a spring Brooklyn Bowl residency!?
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Mrs Swamp wrote:woo hoo...DBT in Florida in April our grand daughter is due in April...
April is gonna be a good month :P

AWE. Indeed great news on both fronts! I love it when the Swamps get some shows.
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

I imagine the band will take a break later this year when Patterson's new album is released.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Gang Green wrote:I was just getting ready to complain to my boss at work for proposing (actually she is making me go) to send me down to Norfolk for a two week project in April. I was particularly pissed because I would be there on April 18th which is my birthday and it would be my 50th birthday. I think my wife was planning some sort of surprise party, and it just seemed really depressing to spend my 50th away from home and away from my family. Well, now there's a good chance I'll be spending my 50th birthday at the Rawk Show in Norfolk. Maybe two weeks in Norfolk won't be so bad.
Good for you. What a turn of fortune!
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

Will

Post by Will »

ScottyC wrote:Hello DBT and Lucero back to back weekends in ATL.......goodbye liver.

Lebowskifest is the same weekend as the Lucero show. That weekend's going to be a MESS in Atlanta.

Is the Workplay a cool venue? Thinking about heading to Birmingham so I can see them with Centro-Matic.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

In for Chapel Hill and WIlmington. Considering Norfolk, but that's a fair bit of driving. I'm pretty much at the center of those 3 towns (Norfolk is 3.5 hours, Chapel Hill about 2, and Wilmington 2.5 or so).

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I'm just hoping for a show within 100 miles of me. It's been nearly 2 years since my last rock show
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

We have tentative plans to attend the Chapel Hill and Wilmington shows.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Maluca3

Post by Maluca3 »

Gang Green wrote:I don't understand, I thought DBT were taking a break from touring this year.

How many years have we heard this, and then been delighted to hear that the "break" still contains plenty of shows. I hope if they ever really need a break they take one, but damn am I glad (selfishly) that they are such workaholics. :lol:
...a long day of improbable and grotesque mischief

javamyth

Post by javamyth »

Their new tour is interesting in that they play tues - sat nights. They are then fairly close to home, which will allow them to recoup for 2 day and then go back on the road for a work week of shows. It creates a good balance of keeping the show on the road and allowing some family down time.

GuitarManUpstairs

Post by GuitarManUpstairs »

Zip City wrote:I'm just hoping for a show within 100 miles of me. It's been nearly 2 years since my last rock show

2 Years :shock: :o Haven't you got blue balls by now?
Never going back to Buttholeville. (Good luck with that!)

lynne

Post by lynne »

Its been 24 days and I am having a major fit that I wont be going to the shows in VA
I just want to stay in that better time and place....