6 Degrees of Separation: Garland Jefferys To DBTs

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Kudzu Guillotine

6 Degrees of Separation: Garland Jefferys To DBTs

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

From the 1001 Songs blog.

RevMatt

Re: 6 Degrees of Separation: Garland Jefferys To DBTs

Post by RevMatt »

The real challenge for anyone doing a DBT 6 degrees of separation is to do it without going through The Swampers/David Hood or David Barbe. Otherwise it is just too easy.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The mere fact that anyone's talking about Garland Jeffreys at all does my heart good :)

And, oh yeah, rev, you're right, a path that leads thru any muscle shoals type connection just ain't fair.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

mark lynn
Site Admin

Post by mark lynn »

OK that's a name I never expected to see here. He met his wife at The Stone Pony you know :D

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

mark lynn wrote:OK that's a name I never expected to see here. He met his wife at The Stone Pony you know :D

Didn't meet my wife at the Stone Pony. Just a drunk chick in 1987 who passed out in my car on the way to my apartment. An unfortunate incident.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

Kudzu Guillotine

beantownbubba wrote:The mere fact that anyone's talking about Garland Jeffreys at all does my heart good :)

Which is the main reason I posted it. Garland is one of those artists who just never seems to get enough love. Speaking of which, I still need to pick up his new record.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:The mere fact that anyone's talking about Garland Jeffreys at all does my heart good :)

Which is the main reason I posted it. Garland is one of those artists who just never seems to get enough love. Speaking of which, I still need to pick up his new record.

I still need to pick up his new record as well, which kind of proves your point in a backhanded way - he doesn't get enuf love even from the folks who love him.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Kudzu Guillotine

beantownbubba wrote:
Kudzu Guillotine wrote:

I still need to pick up his new record as well, which kind of proves your point in a backhanded way - he doesn't get enuf love even from the folks who love him.

Well said. I think I even saw it in Schoolkids Records the last time I was in there. Very cool of them to even stock it.