European Tour Announced

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Jenn

European Tour Announced

Post by Jenn »

Europe, here we come! We are happy to announce our first European tour in support of The Big To-Do. We will be hitting some familiar spots that we have hit in the past in the UK, Spain and Scandinavia as well as visiting some new places in Italy, Germany and France. We are excited to bring the Rock Show to Europe this November/December.
SEE DATES!
http://drivebytruckers.com/shows.html
どれだけ涙を流せば
貴方を忘れられるだろう
Just tell me my life
何処まで歩いてみても
涙で明日が見えない

shuffle

Re: European Tour Announced

Post by shuffle »

YES! Finally, I'll definitely be at the show in Stockholm...might even make it to one or two more, although I doubt my economy can handle that :/ It's a long way until the show though... I like the venue too, I've spent a lot of time there - both at concerts and clubs, it's a shame that the tickets are kinda pricey though, but it'll definitely be worth it 8-)

I'm hoping that there'll be at least one opening act too, preferably some good American band that never comes around here by themselves, when I saw DBT in 2008 there wasn't an opening act at all which was a bummer...
Last edited by shuffle on Fri May 21, 2010 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://twitter.com/birdsneedfeet
http://www.birdsneedfeet.com/

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Exciting news! Though Oslo in December? brrrr....

Buncha UK dates around my birthday (and Lurleen's too if memory serves)... hmmm.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Playing France w/out playing Paris is like the proverbial tree falling in the forest w/ nobody there to hear it. Bad decision/planning.

Edit: I see they're also playing Belgium but not Brussels. Not as much of a headscratcher as giving Paris a pass, but still...
Last edited by beantownbubba on Fri May 21, 2010 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

BigTom
Site Admin

Post by BigTom »

Have plans to vacation in France in October but looks like they will be changed to November. Luckily we havn't bought airfare yet.
Tumble down shack in Bigfoot County

TruckerTomer

Post by TruckerTomer »

Holy cr**!! I'm trying to get to New York this fall to see The Black Crowes for 5 nights run at the Nokia Theatre. The last show of that run is on November 6...

Now, this looks like a fine DBT journey for me:

Nov 12 - Academy 2, Manchester
Nov 13 - Academy 2, Birmingham
Nov 14 - Shepherd's Bush Empire(!!!), London
Nov 15 - Concord 2, Brighton
Nov 17 - The Paradiso(!!!!), Amsterdam
Nov - 18 - Vera, Groningen

I'm excited about LOndon & 'Dam, cause Shepherd's Bush is my favorite venue, been there 4 times. And I'm dying to be at The Paradiso already! And this is a good chance.

The problem is, these shows are very close to the NYC shows I'm trying to travel to (got a visa appointment on Monday and then I'll know if I be abble to do this). I might go all out crazy this fall...we'll see. Those dates are very attractive!! And I'm dying to see DBT of course...
"I used to hate the fool in me, but only in the morning. Now I tolerate him all day long"

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

uncle rickey wrote:Exciting news! Though Oslo in December? brrrr....

Buncha UK dates around my birthday (and Lurleen's too if memory serves)... hmmm.

Yours, Lurleen's and Jay Gonzalez are all around the same day.

I would go to Europe in a heartbeat. Working with International folks on a daily basis, my colleagues would totally support me in taking some time off. Some of my colleagues recent trips have included Scotland, Brazil, Argentina and Turkey. I think it's my turn now, and that time of year is very convenient, work-wise. Mmmm.....
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

BigTom wrote:Have plans to vacation in France in October but looks like they will be changed to November. Luckily we havn't bought airfare yet.

If you go to Rennes, I strongly recommend stopping in Chartres on your way to or from, and if you're in Rennes, you're not far from Normandy and should take advantage of that as well. PM me if you'd like more detailed info. Don't have a clue as to what's in or near Toulouse, though u have to pass thru some wine country to get there and it looks like you might be able to do a sensible route that takes u through the Loire Valley.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Can I drive there if I go through Nova Scotia, then over to Greenland? That time of year it would probably be to damn cold to ride my Triumph.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

RevMatt wrote:Can I drive there if I go through Nova Scotia, then over to Greenland? That time of year it would probably be to damn cold to ride my Triumph.

It's actually a little too early. You want to wait a month or so 'til the ice bridge forms.

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

shuffle wrote:YES! Finally, I'll definitely be at the show in Stockholm...might even make it to one or two more, although I doubt my economy can handle that :/ It's a long way until the show though... I like the venue too, I've spent a lot of time there - both at concerts and clubs, it's a shame that the tickets are kinda pricey though, but it'll definitely be worth it 8-)

I'm hoping that there'll be at least one opening act too, preferably some good American band that never comes around here by themselves, when I saw DBT in 2008 there wasn't an opening act at all which was a bummer...

very cool. hope you rock your ass off.

trapper

Post by trapper »

Nov 17 we'll definitely be there!

Awesome, I've been waiting for two years to see them here again, even though I got a chance to see them in Murfreesboro and Bonnaroo last year.

mark lynn
Site Admin

Post by mark lynn »

RevMatt wrote:Can I drive there if I go through Nova Scotia, then over to Greenland? That time of year it would probably be to damn cold to ride my Triumph.

The Bahamas are islands :D

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

Good memory there! Yep, November 14th. Sadly, though, November and December are THE busiest time of year at the store and it's doubtful my padnuh could get out of town then.

I would LOVE to go to Spain, but that's right around Thanksgiving - an even worse time at the store. Maybe 2011
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

We made a pact in Athens.........you know who you are.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Gator McKlusky

Post by Gator McKlusky »

marklynn wrote:

The Bahamas are islands :D

My favorite Doors cover band is Crystal Shit.
Looks like a bunch of little whiny fucksticks to me

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

It would be amazing to see them In London at Shephards Bush, and at The Paradiso in Amsterdam, which I've always heard is just a fabulous venue.
Keep calm and have a cigar

BigTom
Site Admin

Post by BigTom »

beantownbubba wrote:
BigTom wrote:Have plans to vacation in France in October but looks like they will be changed to November. Luckily we havn't bought airfare yet.

If you go to Rennes, I strongly recommend stopping in Chartres on your way to or from, and if you're in Rennes, you're not far from Normandy and should take advantage of that as well. PM me if you'd like more detailed info. Don't have a clue as to what's in or near Toulouse, though u have to pass thru some wine country to get there and it looks like you might be able to do a sensible route that takes u through the Loire Valley.

Thanks for the info. If I can make this happen I will probably have lots a questions for you.
Tumble down shack in Bigfoot County

DragthelakeMike

Post by DragthelakeMike »

Oslo show will be my 1st Drive-By Truckers concert! :D f**k im excited!
Drag the lake Charrrlie, Charlie drag the laaake.

DragthelakeMike

Post by DragthelakeMike »

Who here is going to the Oslo show??
Drag the lake Charrrlie, Charlie drag the laaake.

docs

Post by docs »

Manchester for me

OtisTheBulldog

Post by OtisTheBulldog »

I'm going to be in France & Amsterdam the last week of Sept, first week of Oct. They're not. Which means they'll be in Boston and all over the Northeast while I'm overseas. These tour dates were not properly coordinated.

I call bullshit.

Sian-of-the-dead

Post by Sian-of-the-dead »

I'll be at Manchester and Birmingham :)
Truck Log Auditor extraordinaire.