Patterson Duluth, GA Solo Shows 2-3 Dec

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Uncle Disney

Patterson Duluth, GA Solo Shows 2-3 Dec

Post by Uncle Disney »

Anyone from the board making the Patterson solo shows this weekend in Duluth? I am driving in on Friday night and staying in Duluth for both shows. Anyone got recommendations for restaurants / bars and anyone planning a pre-drink before either one of the shows?
Last edited by Uncle Disney on Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScottyC

Re: Patterson Decatur, GA Solo Shows 2-3 Dec

Post by ScottyC »

The shows are in Duluth, not Decatur. Decatur is much cooler, but alas there will be no shows there. Duluth is about 15 miles up 85 from spaghetti junction. We might be there on Sat, but not sure yet. Depends if I can score SEC Championship tickets.

AndyV

Post by AndyV »

I'll be at the 12/3 gig Sat. I'm pretty excited because it's Eddie Owen's new business venture and we don't get a lot of good music in this area at all. All the good stuff is to the east in Athens or to the west in ATL. You can read about the venue and such at the URL below.

http://www.eddieowenpresents.com/

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

I'll be there along with a few other friends for the Friday night show. Not exactly sure of the location of the venue but Eddie Owen is the absolute best venue owner/operator I have ever had the pleasure of both playing for and attending shows. Anyone else going Friday night that would be interested in grabbing drinks before the show?

AndyV

Post by AndyV »

psychobillycadillac wrote:I'll be there along with a few other friends for the Friday night show. Not exactly sure of the location of the venue but Eddie Owen is the absolute best venue owner/operator I have ever had the pleasure of both playing for and attending shows. Anyone else going Friday night that would be interested in grabbing drinks before the show?

X2 psycho. Eddie is the coolest. He's gone out of his way to be nice to me every time I've been to the Attic. It's the best place in the world to play too because people are there to actually listen.

Uncle Disney

Re: Patterson Duluth, GA Solo Shows 2-3 Dec

Post by Uncle Disney »

Apologies for the Decatur vs Duluth mix up...hopefully I drive to the correct town on Friday!

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

who's in for tonight? I plan on checking out the theater around 5:00 and looking for a watering hole nearby. Anyone already have pre-show plans? I'll be wearing a black t-shirt that says Heathen in white letters on the front.

Uncle Disney

Post by Uncle Disney »

Going to Park Cafe right now...2 min walk from the theater...wearing a plaid green shirt...going to try and sit at the bar.

GuitarManUpstairs

Post by GuitarManUpstairs »

Ya'll be sure to report back. We're planning to hit up tomorrow night's gig.
Never going back to Buttholeville. (Good luck with that!)

Frog Man

Post by Frog Man »

It was very cool tonight. Opened with Bulldozers. Played alot of the new stuff, all pretty good. Played Sinkhole, Mercy Buckets, Iwa Jima, Grandaddy, Sandwiches From the Road, to name a few. The theatre is really small and has great sound. Jay sounds awesome in this setting. For anyone going tomorrow, go to the taqueria called Pure next door for pregame drinks.

GuitarManUpstairs

Really look'in forward to tonight. Reviews in from last nights show sound like it was realy cool. Just bought my tix. We have some friends that might go but they're sitt'in on the fence. Anybody know if tix last night were still available at showtime or if it sold out?

jawilson20

Post by jawilson20 »

Very enjoyable show in a very relaxed intimate setting. Good stories from Patterson. Of the new stuff I am really liking 12:01, the title track for the new album "Heat Lightning Rumbles in the Distance" was not my favorite.

I am thinking of going back tonight because there are some standbys he didn't play and I am sure he is going to pull out some more deep cuts like he did last night.

Tips to anyone going tonight, there is another bathroom downstairs with no line. After the show it was myself Jay, EZB, and Patterson down there. I walked in and they were discussing how great the show was. So if the band approves it must be a great sign.

jawilson20

Post by jawilson20 »

Anyone make it out for night two?

GuitarManUpstairs

Yeah Ol Strutter an me made it out. Was a great night! You know I love the rock show, but there's something about these small intimate quiet nights that are just so amazing. The sound in the theater was fantastic and in particular Jay's keys stood out to me. We also go a nice helping of the accordion too which i was hoping for. Brad was spot on as usual. His jazz set with Patterson's acoustic guitar accompanied by Jay was just the perfect back drop for this set list, which if i was worth a shit i would have recorded but I'm not so I'm sorry. ;)

Patterson was a bit off last night in that he got stuck a few times on lines but he played it off well and charmed his way out of it as usual. Opened with Bulldozers & Dirt again which i though was awesome b/c I was kinda bummed I missed it the first night. From there he went into a story about southern stereotypes and was quite pleased to announce that he never knew of, or even suspected any of his southern acquaintances of being guilty of sister fucking which led into The Deeper In or course. (Although he noted bestiality was not unheard of, even by current city councilmen back home. :lol: )

Really digging the new stuff. I can't wait to see how it comes out in the context of the album. Highlights for the night were the aforementioned two plus the Living Bubba, Daddy Needs a Drink and GodDamn'it, PPOTM is even fucking intense stripped down to acoustic!It's a shame no tapers were there if only for Lurleen's sake. That might have been my favorite version of PPOTM ever.

Afterward, Patterson came back out on stage to sell some merch and we were treated to an impromptu performance of "Pay No Attention to Alice" at someone's request. Strutter got it on video. Posted on Fb, not sure how to embed it here other than to just follow the link to the page. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150403811758461

We got to chat with Pat, Jay and Brad for a few minutes then we headed out. Stupid phone died before we could get a pic w/ Brad but otherwise a FN Great night!

Clams

Post by Clams »

Nice review. Thx.
If you don't run you rust