Ray's Automatic Weapon

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

ramonz

Ray's Automatic Weapon

Post by ramonz »

As we know, played live for first time at Boulder Theater on May 13th.

Thoughts? Really diggin' the lyrics and the smoldering pace.

http://ia331218.us.archive.org/1/items/dbt2010-05-13.mc930.flac24/dbt2010-05-13t06.mp3

I gotta say, the "return" of the slide is a really welcome thing for me. The slide in Birthday Boy and Fourth Night of My Drinking are a big part of what makes me love TBTD. Now bring it back front and center on Where the Devil Don't Stay in the shows! I know, maybe it's too close to what JI brought to the song.....

But Neff obviously brings his own (completely ass-kicking) style to the slide - and certainly to the pedal steel (want more!), and I'm just glad it feels like it's back and not shoved in the background.

Smitty

Re: Ray's Automatic Weapon

Post by Smitty »

I thought it was interesting at first (it's been in a couple of solo Patterson shows last year) but after hearing the full band version, I have a feeling this one is gonna be special.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Thanks for posting that link, Ramonz. That's the first time I've heard that track. Sounds great. I really really can't wait for Go Go Boots. And yeah, the slide kicks all kinds of butt on the Big To-Do (Drag the Lake, in addition to the ones you mentioned).
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Jack Flash

Post by Jack Flash »

After hearing the full band versions of this and Used To Be A Cop, I think this album is gonna be reeaaaaally interesting and awesome. Can't wait to hear electric versions of the title track and The Fireplace Poker.