ATHENS 2012

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Clams

Re: ATHENS 2012

Post by Clams »

You guys are fucking killing me. I really need to stop looking at this thread.
If you don't run you rust

mark lynn
Site Admin

Post by mark lynn »

BigTom wrote:
Jonicont wrote:Last day of work. Gonna be a tough one

This is when you were an extra in that Billy Jack movie, right?

This must have been what he looked like when he helped throw The Ramones(minus Joey) down the stairs. A long time ago like back before disco arose and when you could get quaaludes and nobody knew doing cocaine all the time was bad for you.

colodogdoc

Post by colodogdoc »

Last night's preparations included watching TSTAHE for the 23rd or so time. Tonight ACL DVD, tomorrow packing and Thursday I'm off!

Sorry Clams, we all admire your commitment to your family while simultaneously being glad we aren't you... :D
"Mamma always said electric guitars will give you herpes."

lynne

Post by lynne »

Clams wrote:You guys are fucking killing me. I really need to stop looking at this thread.

We are going to miss you :cry:
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

"me & my buddy will most likely be at cutter's watching that game. yr welcome to hang with us"

Sounds like a plan!
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

Well. Shitty morning. Hydroplaned on I-20, slid into a muddy ditch. Spun around a couple of times for good measure and careened toward other lane of oncoming traffic. Saw my number fly by for sure. Did not pee my pants, but sure could have. Waiting for a tow back to Jackson, then rental car, then try this again. Too bad I can't drink- my nerves are SHOT. I feel like a miracle to be alive for sure.
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

lynne

Post by lynne »

Lurleen McQueen wrote:Well. Shitty morning. Hydroplaned on I-20, slid into a muddy ditch. Spun around a couple of times for good measure and careened toward other lane of oncoming traffic. Saw my number fly by for sure. Did not pee my pants, but sure could have. Waiting for a tow back to Jackson, then rental car, then try this again. Too bad I can't drink- my nerves are SHOT. I feel like a miracle to be alive for sure.

Wow, very glad you are okay Lurleen!

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Getting pretty excited, much more than my fiance. SHe's more of a casual DBT fan lol. Wish we were going to be there for the Thursday show too, but it is what is is
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Lurleen McQueen

lynne wrote:
Lurleen McQueen wrote:Well. Shitty morning. Hydroplaned on I-20, slid into a muddy ditch. Spun around a couple of times for good measure and careened toward other lane of oncoming traffic. Saw my number fly by for sure. Did not pee my pants, but sure could have. Waiting for a tow back to Jackson, then rental car, then try this again. Too bad I can't drink- my nerves are SHOT. I feel like a miracle to be alive for sure.

Wow, very glad you are okay Lurleen!

Sweet old Sam at AA towing is going to the gas station to get me a bottle of water and some peanut butter nabs to calm my nerves while we wait for the insurance company to authorize the tow back to Jackson. Good southern gentlemen taking care of me all morning...bystanders, sheriff's deputy, MDOT guy and one very sweet midwesterner keeping me calm over the phone.

lynne

Post by lynne »

, very glad you are okay Lurleen![/quote]
Sweet old Sam at AA towing is going to the gas station to get me a bottle of water and some peanut butter nabs to calm my nerves while we wait for the insurance company to authorize the tow back to Jackson. Good southern gentlemen taking care of me all morning...bystanders, sheriff's deputy, MDOT guy and one very sweet midwesterner keeping me calm over the phone.[/quote]

Hang in there Lurleen! And thank goodness for TC.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Glad you're okay! I'm feeling deja vu from when you took off last year?!
In my blood, there's gasoline..

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Lurleen, you must have missed the page in the playbook that said this was gonna be the good weather, smooth travel year. That spinning into the oncoming traffic lane helplessly in what feels like slow motion moment is not an experience one wants to have too often. Hopefully, that's your last. Glad you're ok!!!

Those sweet midwesterners are rocks when u need 'em most!
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Lurleen McQueen

beantownbubba wrote:Lurleen, you must have missed the page in the playbook that said this was gonna be the good weather, smooth travel year. That spinning into the oncoming traffic lane helplessly in what feels like slow motion moment is not an experience one wants to have too often. Hopefully, that's your last. Glad you're ok!!!

No shit BTB. That shaved some years off! Now the sweet tow truck driver (son of Sam) is buying me a hamburger at the Wendy's drive- through and then we're on our way back to jackson.

GuitarManUpstairs

Post by GuitarManUpstairs »

Jeez Lurleen....glad you're ok. Everyone please be careful coming in this week - we don't need anyone crossed off Jonicont's list permanently! ;)
Never going back to Buttholeville. (Good luck with that!)

Gator McKlusky

Post by Gator McKlusky »

Lurleen McQueen wrote:and one very sweet midwesterner keeping me calm over the phone.

Cotter? :lol:

Very glad you are OK Lurleen.
Looks like a bunch of little whiny fucksticks to me

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Lurleen McQueen wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:Lurleen, you must have missed the page in the playbook that said this was gonna be the good weather, smooth travel year. That spinning into the oncoming traffic lane helplessly in what feels like slow motion moment is not an experience one wants to have too often. Hopefully, that's your last. Glad you're ok!!!

No shit BTB. That shaved some years off! Now the sweet tow truck driver (son of Sam) is buying me a hamburger at the Wendy's drive- through and then we're on our way back to jackson.

Good Lord! That is no way to start your trip! I'm so sorry! I hope you are ok, and please call me if you need anything at all, ok? Be safe!!!

Everyone else who is travelling, please be safe too, ok? Let's all get there in one piece, please!
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Lone Wolf1 wrote:add Gypsy to the list, mr. Jonicont

and please add pbr man and Holly to the list. Thank you!

Mrs Swamp

Post by Mrs Swamp »

Oh my goodness I am so glad that you are doing ok after all that ...you take care of yourself and
please be careful out there...if ya need to talk I am always here for ya.
I've heard tales of what goes down there ...

eddie1572

Post by eddie1572 »

Hey cooleygirl,this Eddie & Shane.I trust that you'all will have a blast.Tell Luke and everyone hello.We will be at both of Cooleys Shows in Atlanta,and Maybe the Athens show too.... DBT>>>> :D

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Hi Eddie & Shane, Nice to here from you! It was great hanging with you in DC! Can't wait to see you again!

So, if anyone is flying, for the love of God, don't bring a cupcake on the plane! :shock:

Check out this article my co-worker just sent around: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/201 ... y-says-tsa

BostonREB

Post by BostonREB »

Holy crap!! Glad you aren't too much the worse for wear Lureen. I hope the rest of your trip proves to be smooth and uneventful. See you and TC on Thursday.
Send lawyers, guns and money....

njMark

Post by njMark »

Lurleen McQueen wrote:

Glad you are okay, lucky that didn't happen up north, when I wrecked my car last year the tow truck guy stole my satelite radio and my cd. player out of mycar.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Woo hoo! Just finished work. It's getting so close now I can practically taste Swamp's beard.

22 hours from now I'll be at Flicker!

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Just talked to Lurleen and she's shaken up but almost to Atlanta, sitting very cautiously in 5 lanes of traffic..almost there ;)
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Lurleen McQueen

Here. Safe. One piece. Whew. Now if someone could just pry my white knuckles from the steering wheel and run me a bubble bath por favor. Did I mention the towtruck driver just finished a 5 1/2 year stint at parchman for meth and his girlfriend might be pregnant?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Lurleen McQueen wrote:Here. Safe. One piece. Whew. Now if someone could just pry my white knuckles from the steering wheel and run me a bubble bath por favor. Did I mention the towtruck driver just finished a 5 1/2 year stint at parchman for meth and his girlfriend might be pregnant?

How "just" and how "might"? I'd hate for that math not to work out :shock:
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

ScottyC

Post by ScottyC »

Here is the shirt for this weekend.

Gator McKlusky

Post by Gator McKlusky »

Lurleen McQueen wrote:Here. Safe. One piece. Whew. Now if someone could just pry my white knuckles from the steering wheel and run me a bubble bath por favor. Did I mention the towtruck driver just finished a 5 1/2 year stint at parchman for meth and his girlfriend might be pregnant?

Got a tow
From a guy named joe
Cost sixty dollars
Hope i don't run out of dough

Told me 'bout a sex offense
Put him three days in jail
Stuck in indianapolis
Hope i live to tell the tale
Looks like a bunch of little whiny fucksticks to me

blessedcurse

Post by blessedcurse »

Nice one gator. :!:

Look out America, the bluenosers are leaving the homestead. :D
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. - Thoreau

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

blessedcurse wrote:Nice one gator. :!:

Look out America, the bluenosers are leaving the homestead. :D

I'm warning the border guards
Always go to the show