ATHENS 2012

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Re: ATHENS 2012

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

one belt loop wrote:
Penny Lane wrote:What about Cotter? Is he part of the asshole gang?

He's a different body part.

I wuv you. :lol:
In my blood, there's gasoline..

drtpants

Post by drtpants »

Cotter and I could never do 1000 miles in a van together. Our diametrically opposed political views would insure that everyone else in the van would be miserable. A few hours at a Rock Show is fine because we all largely check our politics at the door. Anything beyond that is pushing it.

cotter=fascist

drtpants=commie

cotter and drtpants= HUGE DBT fans.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Maybe it's the

mile drive from Zip City to Colbert Heights

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Not looking good for the Swamps yall :( :oops: Hoping to get some good Christmas bonus' to finance the trip.
Our tickets and place to stay is covered. It's just the getting there and other expenses that could be a problem.
Besides seeing DBT, we were really excited about seeing youz guys, especially the Wisc boys who I feel I can blend
in with ;) as I can be self proclaimed myself.
Now before you all get together and start a fund, DON'T!
Any other time I would say sure. But due to recent circumstances I cannot accept donations for a pleasure trip.
2 weeks ago my niece Tiffany was involved in a horrific car accident near B-more. She is in the hospital across
the street from the BB stadium. Although they tried for over a week, they could not save her arm. With the
mounting hospital bills and only so much insurance you can see why I can't accept any help for a trip.
Thanks to all that have sent good wishes and prayers to Tiffany thru Marina's FB.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Prayers for your niece Robert
Always go to the show

thedudeabides

Post by thedudeabides »

Sorry to hear about your niece Swamp. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Dear swamps:

This is what i wrote immediately in response to your post because this is what i think. But i realize that this is a very personal matter and it's not for me to tell u what to think or how to deal w/ your niece's situation. So, please read this as a "suggestion for something to think about" not, "i konw better than you" even tho I know it sounds kind of strong. I'm pretty emotional myself these days and it comes out in all kinds of strange ways.

Needless to say, that's just horrible about your niece and I wish her the speediest and fullest possible recovery. As I'm sure you've heard as nauseum already, they can really work some serious miracles these days.

Not at all to play "can u top this" but to make a very different point, we just found out this week that my son's cancer is back again, for the fourth fucking time. We are devastated. There's no getting around, or describing, how much this sucks. And you know what? He's still going to Israel on a long planned and hard to get free trip before he starts treatment and I'm still going to Athens (barring a specific emergency of course). And so are you, and we'll have a great fuckin' time, twice as great as usual, 'cause we are not gonna let life beat us.

I know u don't want to make a big deal of it, and i know that i'm not the first person you'd talk to about this, but please, talk to someone you are comfortable with and let's make this happen. And, hell, bring your niece.

See you in Athens!!*

*I really, really hope
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

Swamp,
If you guys can hang til Thursday, I will be driving from my Mom's place in Cocoa Beach to Athens. I will be thrilled if you let me swing by the Swamp & pick y'all up. I can't bring you home, but that would solve half of your dilemma. So sorry to hear about your niece. I wish her a speedy recovery. If you're saying she's in a hospital near Baltimore & there's anything I can bring to her for Y'all I would be glad to (even if it's just moral support).
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

Slipkid42 wrote:Swamp,
If you guys can hang til Thursday, I will be driving from my Mom's place in Cocoa Beach to Athens. I will be thrilled if you let me swing by the Swamp & pick y'all up. I can't bring you home, but that would solve half of your dilemma. So sorry to hear about your niece. I wish her a speedy recovery. If you're saying she's in a hospital near Baltimore & there's anything I can bring to her for Y'all I would be glad to (even if it's just moral support).

Slip, you headed back to Cocoa after the shows? We're headed to Melbourne ourselves. We could convoy...

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

Monty610 wrote:
Slipkid42 wrote:Swamp,

Slip, you headed back to Cocoa after the shows? We're headed to Melbourne ourselves. We could convoy...

No Monty, I've got a complex agenda that week. I will be flying to Fla. to visit my Mom. Then I will drive from her place in Cocoa to Athens for the shows. Then I will be flying back to Maryland. Maybe you guys can help get the Swamps back to Fla., though.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

Mrs Swamp

Post by Mrs Swamp »

Thank you everyone for your well wishes ..Slip >>> we may just take you up on that.
BTB...we are so sorry to hear about your son...our prayers are with y`all as well.
In order to keep this thread from turning into a doom and gloom thread,I have started
another thread in Everything Else.....here is the link .... viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3249

Thanks again everyone.
I've heard tales of what goes down there ...

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

We will be there for the Thursday night show with Futurebirds opening. Can't wait. We were there for the Friday night show last year and if yall were there you know it was a scorcher. Opened with Zip City and closed with Lookout Mountain. Epic. My wife didn't care for Don Chambers and GOAT. LOL. I thought they were great but I think Don kind of scared her. :D I felt a little sorry for Henry Barbe. He seemed really, really, nervous. But I thought people were generally kind to him.

We were standing around inside before any of it got started (I insisted on getting there ridiculously early) and as i was turning around to go to the bar for a beer, there was EZB talking to one of the guys that works at the 40 Watt. He had on a hoodie with his hood up so i figured he was trying to go unnoticed and didn't bother him.

But some of the folks that came in not long after us were telling us that Patterson was out front talking to people as they waited in line. Did any of yall see that? Pretty cool if true.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

njMark wrote:
drtpants wrote:Once again, it's time to put the half barrel back in the bathtub. That's right, kiddies: The Wisconsin assholes are making the trip. Dazed Inn as usual. This year it's Tony, the Famly, Justin from Minnesota, Juan, myself and one newbie. Two among us are at present without tix for Friday and Saturday. Please help.

This should be an interesting year. And I don't just mean the shows. I think we're all totally screwed either way so let's do it up right crazy this time, shall we? You never know if this might be our last crack at it. ;)

This time make sure the video camera is running!!! No more re-takes!!! ;) ;) ;)
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Moon & Mascara

Post by Moon & Mascara »

Moon & Mascara is a maybe. I will know Dec. 26th if I can make it or not, if so, I would love to see you all!
1 Tequila Cowboy

2 Lurleen McQueen
3 Scotty C.
4 Late For Church
5 PotatoEater
6 One Belt Loop
7 Penny Lane
8 Lynne
9 LBRod
10 GuitarManUpstairs
11 Strutter
12 colodogdoc
13 beantownbubba
14Jonicont
15 JimmyC
16 clams
17 WoodDuck
18 Dogstar
19 Uncle Rickey
20 Cooleygirl
21 MarkLynn
22 Big Tom
23 thedudeabides
24 BostonReb
25 Prof
26 Bogart
27 rawkshow
28 th in sc
29 Lew Ashby
30 Gator Mcklusky
31 RolanK
32 buddymo
33 srv
34 Van
35 Bill in CT
36 Smarty Jones
37 G Mama
38 bnzz
39 inman_trucker
40 FlounderinDC
41 GW in IA and the missus
42 Smitty
43 Slipkid42
44 SouthCarolinaRed
45 Gaetzi
46 Lone Wolf1
47 Wax
48 Swamp
49 Marina
50 hanklow
51 loopyhelsbells
52 brett27295
53 The Black Canary
54 joshN
55 ajolie101
56 GhostToMost
57 pearlysnaps
58 njMark
59 gordonlw
60 Howlin Wolf
61 Monty 610
62 Heather
63 Blessedcurse
64 JD Shellnut
65 drtpants +5 (the self proclaimed Wisconsin Assholes)[/quote]
. . . I've always been a holy terror.

Moon & Mascara

Post by Moon & Mascara »

Moon & Mascara wrote:Moon & Mascara is a maybe. I will know Dec. 26th if I can make it or not, if so, I would love to see you all!

That will make me 66 if yes!
1 Tequila Cowboy

2 Lurleen McQueen
3 Scotty C.
4 Late For Church
5 PotatoEater
6 One Belt Loop
7 Penny Lane
8 Lynne
9 LBRod
10 GuitarManUpstairs
11 Strutter
12 colodogdoc
13 beantownbubba
14Jonicont
15 JimmyC
16 clams
17 WoodDuck
18 Dogstar
19 Uncle Rickey
20 Cooleygirl
21 MarkLynn
22 Big Tom
23 thedudeabides
24 BostonReb
25 Prof
26 Bogart
27 rawkshow
28 th in sc
29 Lew Ashby
30 Gator Mcklusky
31 RolanK
32 buddymo
33 srv
34 Van
35 Bill in CT
36 Smarty Jones
37 G Mama
38 bnzz
39 inman_trucker
40 FlounderinDC
42 Smitty
43 Slipkid42
44 SouthCarolinaRed
45 Gaetzi
46 Lone Wolf1
47 Wax
48 Swamp
49 Marina
50 hanklow
51 loopyhelsbells
52 brett27295
53 The Black Canary
54 joshN
55 ajolie101
56 GhostToMost
57 pearlysnaps
58 njMark
59 gordonlw
60 Howlin Wolf
61 Monty 610
62 Heather
63 Blessedcurse
64 JD Shellnut
65 drtpants +5 (the self proclaimed Wisconsin Assholes)
[/quote]
. . . I've always been a holy terror.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

I can't wait. Hoping for some Daddy's Cup. I'm going to do my best to get Cooley to play it.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

1 Tequila Cowboy
2 Lurleen McQueen
3 Scotty C.
4 Late For Church
5 PotatoEater
6 One Belt Loop
7 Penny Lane
8 Lynne
9 LBRod
10 GuitarManUpstairs
11 Strutter
12 colodogdoc
13 beantownbubba
14Jonicont
15 JimmyC
16 clams
17 WoodDuck
18 Dogstar
19 Uncle Rickey
20 Cooleygirl
21 MarkLynn
22 Big Tom
23 thedudeabides
24 BostonReb
25 Prof
26 Bogart
27 rawkshow
28 th in sc
29 Lew Ashby
30 Gator Mcklusky
31 RolanK
32 buddymo
33 srv
34 Van
35 Bill in CT
36 Smarty Jones
37 G Mama
38 bnzz
39 inman_trucker
40 FlounderinDC
42 Smitty
43 Slipkid42
44 SouthCarolinaRed
45 Gaetzi
46 Lone Wolf1
47 Wax
48 Swamp
49 Marina
50 hanklow
51 loopyhelsbells
52 brett27295
53 The Black Canary
54 joshN
55 ajolie101
56 GhostToMost
57 pearlysnaps
58 njMark
59 gordonlw
60 Howlin Wolf
61 Monty 610
62 Heather
63 Blessedcurse
64 JD Shellnut
65 drtpants +5 (the self proclaimed Wisconsin Assholes)
66 Cole Younger
Always go to the show

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Cole Younger wrote: Hoping for some Daddy's Cup. I'm going to do my best to get Cooley to play it.

Sounds like you might be headed for your own Cooley tongue lashing. On the other hand, if you can convince your wife to flash something with Daddy's Cup written on it...........
Always go to the show

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Jonicont wrote:
Cole Younger wrote: Hoping for some Daddy's Cup. I'm going to do my best to get Cooley to play it.

Sounds like you might be headed for your own Cooley tongue lashing. On the other hand, if you can convince your wife to flash something with Daddy's Cup written on it...........

The way to a man's set list...

kesims

Post by kesims »

Hello all,

I am in need of two tickets to night two of the truckers. If anyone one can help out I would greatly appreciate it and make it worth your while. I know the bands policy of selling tickets for over face value but myabe we could work something out such as a few whiskey shots at the show ;) I also have tickets to night 1 with the futurebirds that i would be willing to trade for night 2. Please help!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Welcome, kesims. You might want to read the thread entitled "reselling tickets - important- please read" before your tenure on 3dd is over before it begins. :)

kesims

Post by kesims »

bean town,
i do not want to be kicked off. can you please explain to me what i did wrong? i read what you said and i am not even offering tickets or trying to make money off the band, i was just merely stating i would pay face value for the tix and be more than happy to buy someone a couple drinks as a thanks if they could make this happen for me.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Jonicont wrote:

Being a native Georgian I am pretty deft at the art of Southern smart assery myself. I'll be his huckleberry. :D

Nah, I've never done it myself but I've been at shows and heard people holler out requests and the band almost always obliges. I figure it's worth a try.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

beantownbubba wrote:[we just found out this week that my son's cancer is back again, for the fourth fucking time. We are devastated. There's no getting around, or describing, how much this sucks. And you know what? He's still going to Israel on a long planned and hard to get free trip before he starts treatment and I'm still going to Athens (barring a specific emergency of course). And so are you, and we'll have a great fuckin' time, twice as great as usual

BTB - I've been way out of the loop technology wise, but I'm sending all my love, hugs, prayers and wishes for healing to both Bryan and Marina's niece. Love y'all so much.

I truly wish there were something I could do to help. I sure do hate this damn disease. Love y'all man.
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

kesims wrote:bean town,
i do not want to be kicked off. can you please explain to me what i did wrong? i read what you said and i am not even offering tickets or trying to make money off the band, i was just merely stating i would pay face value for the tix and be more than happy to buy someone a couple drinks as a thanks if they could make this happen for me.

Sorry, kesims, didn't see your post earlier. What caught my attention was "make it worth your while" but as you say, you qualified it w/ the whiskey shots. Call me a cynic, i guess. Since nobody else has said (or done) anything and I'm not a mod or anything i think you're safe :) I hope it works out for you and enjoy the shows!