dbt track # 76 - Panties in Your Purse

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

LastLawson

Re: dbt track # 76 - Panties in Your Purse

Post by LastLawson »

Zip City wrote:
Iowan wrote:
Zip City wrote:During tonight's Homecoming stream I realized (for the first time) that the chord sequence to this song is identical to Zip City

Yeah.... No.

Not the same melody (at all), but I'm pretty sure they're both Em/G/D/A....maybe PIYP is in a different key.

EDIT: After a bit of googling, looks like I'm a bit off. Oh well, it sure sounded like it the other night. Stupid beer....

Well the 2nd part of each verse in PIYP is what you put... except a whole step down: Dm F C G
Heading to HC Friday and Saturday - first timer!

potatoeater

Post by potatoeater »

Thought I would put this here. So it isn't a detailed story behind PIYP but it is a little something about the song.
https://archive.org/download/dbt2015-04 ... s02t09.mp3
I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry...BUT I AIN'T SORRY!

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

Cooley played it at Waverly recently and related it to his playing bars in Tuscaloosa to ex-sorority girls who did not realize they were no longer college kids.

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:
Sterling Big Mouth wrote:As one of the two pillars of Gangstabilly, Panties always makes me wonder why Patterson refers to GB as their weakest album or why when we do album rankings here GB winds up near the bottom. There's not much better than the uninterrupted run of Bubba-Late for Church-Panties-Why Henry Drinks-18 Wheels-SMQ-Buttholeville-Sandwiches for the Road. I know we're judging it against the rest of their face-melting catalogue, but that IMHO can hang with anything.
I think Patterson usually refers to the less than ideal conditions that it and Pizza Deliverance were recorded under. I may be in the minority but I still consider it my favorite Truckers record.

Maybe they could rerecord them and release as a live in studio type thing to get the rights back.

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

blackwll wrote:
Kudzu Guillotine wrote:
Sterling Big Mouth wrote:As one of the two pillars of Gangstabilly, Panties always makes me wonder why Patterson refers to GB as their weakest album or why when we do album rankings here GB winds up near the bottom. There's not much better than the uninterrupted run of Bubba-Late for Church-Panties-Why Henry Drinks-18 Wheels-SMQ-Buttholeville-Sandwiches for the Road. I know we're judging it against the rest of their face-melting catalogue, but that IMHO can hang with anything.
I think Patterson usually refers to the less than ideal conditions that it and Pizza Deliverance were recorded under. I may be in the minority but I still consider it my favorite Truckers record.

Maybe they could rerecord them and release as a live in studio type thing to get the rights back.
I didn't realize they no longer had the rights to them.

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

I meant the recordings not the songwriting. A lot of bands do this. ARS even Isbell on his live in AL.

I didn't realize they no longer had the rights to them.[/quote]

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

blackwll wrote:I meant the recordings not the songwriting. A lot of bands do this. ARS even Isbell on his live in AL.
They don't own the rights to either the original releases on Soul Dump / Ghostmeat or the remasters on New West?