Link to Adam's House Cat Album

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Shakespeare

Re: Link to Adam's House Cat Album

Post by Shakespeare »

nice

i have the mp3s (and to be honest its not an album i return to often at all) but id definitely scoop up a physical copy if possible

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

Jenn wrote:If you send me your email addy I'll send you the songs via dropbox or google drive.

For your viewing pleasure, I found a couple of photos I took of Adam's House Cat back when I fancied myself a photographer.

Nuno Bettencourt was in Adams Housecat?
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Shit Jenn I think you are a photographer. That's a really cool picture.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

paulc

Post by paulc »

I've never heard this. Any chance of a linky?

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

I've had a copy of this for a while but finally listened to it the past 2 weeks. I've had it in my car and have been listening to it nonstop. I really like this album, it needs to be released on vinyl. My copy is weird, starts with Town Burned Down, has 12 songs but the last 2 are early DBT songs, Santa's Out of Rehab and 9 Bullets. Oddly I consider my favorite DBT song Lookout Mtn to be the weakest track on the AHC album. From what I can tell it's missing a few AHC tracks that should be on it.

Some great tracks on here, Town Burned Down, Runaway Train, Child Abuse, Long Time Ago, and the one about looking at girls. If this was remastered on vinyl I'd buy it in a second. Love Patterson's "Jack Daniels and gargling with razor blades" vocals on this album. Except Lookout Mtn, the Dirty South version is far, far superior.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

brett27295 wrote:I've had a copy of this for a while but finally listened to it the past 2 weeks. I've had it in my car and have been listening to it nonstop. I really like this album, it needs to be released on vinyl. My copy is weird, starts with Town Burned Down, has 12 songs but the last 2 are early DBT songs, Santa's Out of Rehab and 9 Bullets. Oddly I consider my favorite DBT song Lookout Mtn to be the weakest track on the AHC album. From what I can tell it's missing a few AHC tracks that should be on it.

Some great tracks on here, Town Burned Down, Runaway Train, Child Abuse, Long Time Ago, and the one about looking at girls. If this was remastered on vinyl I'd buy it in a second. Love Patterson's "Jack Daniels and gargling with razor blades" vocals on this album. Except Lookout Mtn, the Dirty South version is far, far superior.

They should just re-record it.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

blackwll wrote:They should just re-record it.

Disagree. In my opinion that would be a horrible idea. They've moved way past these songs. However, I'd love to see the album officially issued as it was recorded.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.