DBT Track #72 Sinkhole

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Smitty

Re: DBT Track #72 Sinkhole

Post by Smitty »

show him the view from mcgee town hill..
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

I watched The Accountant again this weekend. It had been a while (maybe years) since I had seen it. The movie is great, and from what I understand it inspired the song; however, I can't help but thinking how great Sinkhole would sound at the end of the film.

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Beaverdam wrote:I watched The Accountant again this weekend. It had been a while (maybe years) since I had seen it. The movie is great, and from what I understand it inspired the song; however, I can't help but thinking how great Sinkhole would sound at the end of the film.

I would have loved to have seen Ray's video for "Sinkhole" but if memory serves those plans just never came together. I loved his video for "This Fucking Job".

buddymo

Post by buddymo »

In the Great to be Alive version, is Patterson saying "rather" in front of "bury his body..."?

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

For those that have never seen it, The Accountant is now online in its entirety. Worth every bit of the 38 minutes and 38 seconds it takes to watch.

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

I've told the story a hundred times about how my friend Lil' Jeffy told me he had something I had to hear. We jumped in his car and he cranked Sinkhole. Now, I had read in Newsweek about the Drive-By Truckers and Southern Rock Opera and I figured that I would probably like them as I had been a huge Skynyrd fan as a kid and actually saw the band live in January of 1977. When the first notes of Sinkhole hit my ears that October day in 2003, it was like an epiphany, like someone punched me in the chest. A love punch. It was definitely love at first listen. Over the next few months I wore out my Decoration Day disc. The rest, as they say, is fuckin' history.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Every time I hear this song I think of Hooters.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?