Cincinnati Oct 20

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

ForgetMyFries

Re: Cincinnati Oct 20

Post by ForgetMyFries »

I feel bad for those who got shut out, however I couldnt be more pumped, sell outs make Ohio look good..

rlipps, have you called the venue and explained you cant make it but you have "relatives" who could use your tickets for will call pick up, they may let you.. Last year I found a Beachland Ballroom ticket on craigslist day of show and they had no problem switching will call names.. Everyone deserves some live DBT..
Im not good with numbers, I just count on knowing when I'm high enough..

yessaidyes

Post by yessaidyes »

Cubfan06 wrote:
rlipps wrote:Zip, looks like we're not going to be able to make it. I wish my friend had told me sooner he wasn't going to go and I could have mailed the tickets to you. I can't find anyone to go with me, and we are just settling into our new home and still trying to work on that, so the timing isn't great by any means. Maybe next time.

Perhaps you or Zip could call the venue box office, explain the situation and see if they can switch the tickets to his name. Or there's always Fed Ex. If you are both in Ohio it should naturally be a next day point.

I'm helmespc's partner and he and I are looking for three more. I would happily pay you through paypal immediately for them if you like. I messed up our order when I bought the tickets and bought less than I thought I had. We discovered this when they came in the mail Monday and we only had 2! When I tried to order more last night on ticketmaster, the site was down. I'm scrambling to find more so I could definitely take them off your hands!

mikem

Post by mikem »

I'm leaving bout noon from Columbus. Gonna hit a couple record stores

Staying in Covington

Where is pregame???

Smarty Jones

Post by Smarty Jones »

This time, my ride I had lined up for this trip bailed on me at the last second. I scrambled frantically to try to find a replacement, and of course, nothing. So I will be Greyhounding it up to the concert solo this time - the only downside is that I will have an approx. 6 hour layover before the first bus goes back to Lexington, so it looks like I'm going to be chilling at IHOP and Meijer and other 24-hr institutions until it's time to take the Greyhound back.

I bought my tickets from Ticketbastard a hell of a long time ago - and I would hate for my extra ticket to go to waste. It's already printed out and I'm giving it away outside the theater before the show tomorrow. If anyone wants or needs a ticket to get in, please find me and I'll be happy to give it to you gratis.
SMITH: Either I'm dead right or I'm crazy!
SEN: You wouldn't care to put that to a vote, Senator?

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Smarty Jones wrote:This time, my ride I had lined up for this trip bailed on me at the last second. I scrambled frantically to try to find a replacement, and of course, nothing. So I will be Greyhounding it up to the concert solo this time - the only downside is that I will have an approx. 6 hour layover before the first bus goes back to Lexington, so it looks like I'm going to be chilling at IHOP and Meijer and other 24-hr institutions until it's time to take the Greyhound back.

I bought my tickets from Ticketbastard a hell of a long time ago - and I would hate for my extra ticket to go to waste. It's already printed out and I'm giving it away outside the theater before the show tomorrow. If anyone wants or needs a ticket to get in, please find me and I'll be happy to give it to you gratis.

Get in touch with Zip, stat.

DBT by Greyhound. Gotta dig it. Have a great show Smarty!
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Smarty Jones wrote:This time, my ride I had lined up for this trip bailed on me at the last second. I scrambled frantically to try to find a replacement, and of course, nothing. So I will be Greyhounding it up to the concert solo this time - the only downside is that I will have an approx. 6 hour layover before the first bus goes back to Lexington, so it looks like I'm going to be chilling at IHOP and Meijer and other 24-hr institutions until it's time to take the Greyhound back.

I just sent you a PM about the ticket. Let me know ASAP
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

sg207

Post by sg207 »

mikem wrote:I'm leaving bout noon from Columbus. Gonna hit a couple record stores

Staying in Covington

Where is pregame???

I'm meeting a buddy of mine at Oakley Pub nearby around 7 or 7:30. If you walk out of the venue, take a right, then a right at the first intersection, and you'll see it from there. It's not too bad of a place. Animatinos is kind of cool too, probably about a block away. Just take a right out of the venue, it's on the same road, same side even.
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

One of these days you absolutely positively MUST arrive at a rock show on horseback. I would have thought a greyhound would be a little small even for someone as slight in stature as you, smarty, but what do i know?

Here's hoping it works out for you, zip!
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

sg207

Post by sg207 »

I'll have on a black GBV shirt and gray Cincinnati Bearcats hat tonight, if anybody wants to say hi.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:

Get in touch with Zip, stat.

DBT by Greyhound. Gotta dig it. Have a great show Smarty!

You're a trooper, Smarty! Have a great time and report back.
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Just want to publicly acknowledge Smarty for PMing me and offering me the ticket. Unfortunately I had to make the call NOT to drive down tonight (combination of several factors), but I truly appreciate the effort to help me out. Next time, I won't be a dope :lol:

TDB

Post by TDB »

Setlist anyone? Monty, where are you?

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

TDB wrote:Setlist anyone? Monty, where are you?

I kinda don't want to know :x

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

Reporting for duty fellow babies:

Carl Perkins
Santa Fe
Feb 14
Devil
Go Go Boots
Cartoon Gold
Ricky
Sandwiches For The Road
ENL
SDZ
Sinkhole
Cop
Downtown
DDN
Guitar Man
Hell No

Encore:
Marry Me
Mercy Buckets
Zip City
BHV/ST/BHV

SHORT set, but maybe the LOUDEST show I've ever witnessed. My right ear may never fully recover. Bring on Philly!

Smarty Jones

Post by Smarty Jones »

^^Yep, yep, I agree with Monty. It was Loud! But that may have also been because I STARTED the show in the second row and graduated to the rail halfway through DBT's set when the family with the little kid in front of me decided to go home. FIRST time on the rail, I was directly below Cooley and right in front of the amps at the edge of the stage. My ears are still ringing, and it's several hours later. But wow, what a show!! :D

If it took a car wreck on the way to Chattanooga and a shitty couple of weeks in my personal life to earn me the rail in Cooleyville, a blazing show, and getting to meet Shonna afterward, it was well worth it!! I got some great photos - they should be coming soon, so stay tuned.

Currently still waiting out my layover - I found that the furniture section of Meijer at 1 a.m. is the PERFECT hotel room for a college student's budget - clean, safe, quiet, and absolutely free! What sort of a deal is that??

Currently sitting in a wi-fi enabled IHOP, trying to force down some coffee so I won't be an absolute zombie when I get back into Lexington (I'm going to *try* to go to my 9 am lecture - we'll see). Just wanted to drop in and report back for y'all!

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Nice set, but not so jaw dropping that I'll forever kick myself for missing it. Would've been nice to catch Guitar Man, though

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

"nobody can hurt you...but yourself.."

great setlist!
In my blood, there's gasoline..

sg207

Post by sg207 »

Smarty Jones wrote:^^Yep, yep, I agree with Monty. It was Loud! But that may have also been because I STARTED the show in the second row and graduated to the rail halfway through DBT's set when the family with the little kid in front of me decided to go home. FIRST time on the rail, I was directly below Cooley and right in front of the amps at the edge of the stage. My ears are still ringing, and it's several hours later. But wow, what a show!! :D

If it took a car wreck on the way to Chattanooga and a shitty couple of weeks in my personal life to earn me the rail in Cooleyville, a blazing show, and getting to meet Shonna afterward, it was well worth it!! I got some great photos - they should be coming soon, so stay tuned.

Currently still waiting out my layover - I found that the furniture section of Meijer at 1 a.m. is the PERFECT hotel room for a college student's budget - clean, safe, quiet, and absolutely free! What sort of a deal is that??

Currently sitting in a wi-fi enabled IHOP, trying to force down some coffee so I won't be an absolute zombie when I get back into Lexington (I'm going to *try* to go to my 9 am lecture - we'll see). Just wanted to drop in and report back for y'all!

Glad you had fun, and I apologize for not saying hello, Sean didn't tell me who you were until we were on our way out.

Monty, I assume you found your brother?

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Monty610 wrote:

SHORT set, but maybe the LOUDEST show I've ever witnessed. My right ear may never fully recover. Bring on Philly!

A month away. :|

Living vicariously through the setlists.
Dave

OkieinTexas

Post by OkieinTexas »

Glad I'm not the only one that thought it was a loud show! Thought age was catching up to me.

Did anyone else happen to witness Damon's altercation with an audience member right after the show? Didn't catch it all, but it scared me and I was several feet away. That guy must have seriously messed up.

Thought Those Darlins were a pretty cool opening band. I wondered if they were going to be somewhat of a "novelty" act, but they laid that idea to rest pretty quickly.

Relocated Okie
Don't you dare cock block the rock (™)Smitty 2016 all rights reserved.

LoadedBurglarAlarm

Post by LoadedBurglarAlarm »

Smarty Jones wrote:^^Yep, yep, I agree with Monty. It was Loud! But that may have also been because I STARTED the show in the second row and graduated to the rail halfway through DBT's set when the family with the little kid in front of me decided to go home. FIRST time on the rail, I was directly below Cooley and right in front of the amps at the edge of the stage. My ears are still ringing, and it's several hours later. But wow, what a show!! :D

Smarty, we didn't head home, just to the balcony dear :) My wife has been sick with a virus all week (fever of 102.4 on Wednesday), but she seemed to be doing fairly better on Thursday and insisted on going to the Rock show. It finally caught up with her about halfway through the show, so we went upstairs so she could sit down. I'm glad to hear you of all people claimed our spot for your first time on the rail :D From your posts, there's no doubt you're a true sweetheart and a diehard fan!

Smarty Jones

Post by Smarty Jones »

LoadedBurglarAlarm wrote:Smarty, we didn't head home, just to the balcony dear :) My wife has been sick with a virus all week (fever of 102.4 on Wednesday), but she seemed to be doing fairly better on Thursday and insisted on going to the Rock show. It finally caught up with her about halfway through the show, so we went upstairs so she could sit down. I'm glad to hear you of all people claimed our spot for your first time on the rail :D From your posts, there's no doubt you're a true sweetheart and a diehard fan!

Thank you!! :) I'm glad to hear you stayed for the rest of the show! And I hope your wife starts feeling better soon!!

Okie, I saw Damon was pissed off and cursing as he started straightning up the stage right after the show, but I had no idea what he was ranting about. You probably have a better idea than me of whatever went down at this point, since you were standing closer to the offending audience member.

Zip - I'm really sorry you couldn't make it. I didn't get your message until much later, as I thought I'd left my phone behind in my haste to leave until I found it when I was rummaging around in my bag. I'm very sorry about that!

I was last sitting at IHOP, finally able to use my computer for a considerable length of time - the last time had been during dinner that evening in the restroom, of all places. It was a onesie, though, and some of the other female patrons were ready to tear down the door if I didn't get the hell out of there fast - and I thought I'd finally overstayed my welcome when, after about an hour and a half, my waitress asked me to please pay my bill and leave. I did and asked her for the quickest walking route to the Greyhound station. I was all out of money and had none to spare for a cab at that point. All of a sudden, the waitress went from hard-nosed to soft-hearted in about 2 seconds. She then told me to just stay sitting where I was and she would ask the staff for directions. It was finally the manager who came out and told me how to walk there. I thanked him and began walking on my way.

It was about 4 a.m. and freezing cold. All was quiet and kind of creepy. I carried my umbrella at the ready - the only reason I'd brought it was as a defense weapon. If anyone jumped out and tried to mug or rape me, I'd hit them on the head with the umbrella with all my might, and then turn and run. Not the best idea, I know, but the only one I had even the slightest ability to execute. I got no farther than about 30 feet from the restaurant when one of the other waitresses, who I guess had just gotten off of her shift, pulled up in a van and asked me if I was the girl going to the Greyhound station. I said yes, and she told me there was no way I'd ever make it there walking, and why don't I hop in and ride with her as the station was right on her way home. I thanked her profusely and hitched a ride with the IHOP waitress to the Greyhound station. Thanks to her, I made it there in plenty of time to get on my 6:30 bus back to Lexington. I was back in town right at 8 yesterday morning.

But I did not make the 9 a.m. lecture - the public transit bus I was supposed to take back to campus was late, and at every stop along the way there was either a disabled person, a person with a bike, or someone who tried to pay their fare with a card the machine kept rejecting. I didn't even make it back to my dorm until 9:40, so I just skipped class entirely. I'm not worried about it, though. Thursday night was well worth it!!

I took close to 130 photos and I posted all of them to my fb, but I'm still sorting and editing them. Hopefully I'll have the good ones up in a set before the weekend's over.

LoadedBurglarAlarm

Here's some video from the show, not the greatest visually, but the band sounded as excellent as ever!

Smarty Jones

Post by Smarty Jones »

Photo set finally up!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smarty_jones92/sets/72157627837884011/

I think I got a few good ones - and a rare one too. I angled my camera to try to get a cool shot of Johnny Neff - and because my stupid camera waits a few seconds after I press the button to actually take the picture, I instead caught him in the middle of sneezing. I don't think too many people have gotten a picture of that at the rawk show!

LoadedBurglarAlarm