St. Louis-The Pageant Oct. 28th

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Roy

St. Louis-The Pageant Oct. 28th

Post by Roy »

Who's going to the show? The balcony is already sold out, which this time last year the venue closed the balcony for ticket sales. Could be a packed house for Friday night. Looking forward to it.

crowes74

Re: St. Louis-The Pageant Oct. 28th

Post by crowes74 »

I gotta couple balcony seats, just gotta find away off work.
Ate 2 pair of Chicago tickets to start the year, don't plan on a repeat.

Southern IL Trucker

Post by Southern IL Trucker »

Hit me up if you want to sell your tickets!

wrekkr

Post by wrekkr »

i've been mentally flipping coins on this one. this time of year i travel a lot(driving) i'm afraid i might be burnt out for the 9 hour drive . . :?

wineisgood

Post by wineisgood »

I'm going to the Columbia show the night before, but Mrs. Wine is holding out on the two-night deal. We're staying in Columbia anyway, what could be better than driving on over to St' Louis and spending the afternoon at Blueberry Hill before getting another rock show at the Pageant? Arm twisting continues.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

wineisgood wrote:I'm going to the Columbia show the night before, but Mrs. Wine is holding out on the two-night deal. We're staying in Columbia anyway, what could be better than driving on over to St' Louis and spending the afternoon at Blueberry Hill before getting another rock show at the Pageant? Arm twisting continues.
I've got a buddy who lives in Columbia who is really into music who I am in the process of turning him on to the Truckers. I had been trying to talk him into going to the St. Louis show but didn't realize they were playing in his home town!

Looks like a weird place to play. Most of the events they list are the symphony. Do you know much about that venue? Is it seated?
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

myjeepsbigger

Post by myjeepsbigger »

Nan and I will be there, not sure how many folks we'll have in-tow with us....(possibly including Wrekkr).

wrekkr

Post by wrekkr »

myjeepsbigger wrote:Nan and I will be there, not sure how many folks we'll have in-tow with us....(possibly including Wrekkr).

50-50 right now. :D and when refering to me, when he says "in-tow" he's not kidding lol i should put some castor wheels on the toe of my boots!!!

hendooman

Post by hendooman »

Rocky wrote:
wineisgood wrote:I'm going to the Columbia show the night before, but Mrs. Wine is holding out on the two-night deal. We're staying in Columbia anyway, what could be better than driving on over to St' Louis and spending the afternoon at Blueberry Hill before getting another rock show at the Pageant? Arm twisting continues.
I've got a buddy who lives in Columbia who is really into music who I am in the process of turning him on to the Truckers. I had been trying to talk him into going to the St. Louis show but didn't realize they were playing in his home town!

Looks like a weird place to play. Most of the events they list are the symphony. Do you know much about that venue? Is it seated?

I was wondering about the venue myself. I am pretty sure there is no "floor" all seating, but I might be wrong. Anybody know? Maybe we get something special, like all acoustic??? How sweet would that be

wrekkr

Post by wrekkr »

hendooman wrote:
Rocky wrote:

I was wondering about the venue myself. I am pretty sure there is no "floor" all seating, but I might be wrong. Anybody know? Maybe we get something special, like all acoustic??? How sweet would that be

i've been there three times, i'm no expert but i would say it is a good place to go. GA, seating is first come first serve. if you like to drink, bring your bankroll !! the last time i was there i had ~$100 in my pocket, was already a bunch of booze deep and was using my credit card at the bar before i left(i like to party) of course i wasn't just buyin my own drinks, but it ain't cheap. around for four people will run you $20-30 pending.

hendooman

Post by hendooman »

Awesome info on STL, we got off topic and were talking about Columbia, any dirt on that place?

missjayne

Post by missjayne »

Hi Guys! Anybody have a recommendation for a hotel near the venue or near a walking friendly or park friendly neighborhood near by. I have a day til my nephew and his lady meet me so I'm looking for travel tips. You can't always count on Captain Kirk to understand pre rock show adventures:)

Roy

Post by Roy »

missjayne wrote:Hi Guys! Anybody have a recommendation for a hotel near the venue or near a walking friendly or park friendly neighborhood near by. I have a day til my nephew and his lady meet me so I'm looking for travel tips. You can't always count on Captain Kirk to understand pre rock show adventures:)

The Moonrise Hotel is a cool hotel and right next to venue.

http://www.moonrisehotel.com/the-loop/blueberry-hill

wineisgood

Post by wineisgood »

The Columbia show is at the old Missouri Theatre for The Arts. I've never seen a show there. Usually DBT plays at the venerable Blue Note, one of my favorite venues. Not sure why they made the move. From what I can gather there is only beer and wine available (!) and theatre-type seating. I popped for a little extra for the "Gold Pass" which got us front-row seats, backstage passes and a cd and t-shirt, something I've never seen DBT offer before. I had to make a $50 donation to the University Concert Series, well worth it.
DBT always brings the might in Columbia, and often pull out a few gems. I got a slow-dance in the balcony with the missus during "Love Like This" on my birthday last year. Pretty cool. I hope the new venue is as cool as the dusty old Blue Note.

myjeepsbigger

Post by myjeepsbigger »

Countdown is awn!!! Took the day off Friday to pre-game. :lol:

UncleFrank23

Post by UncleFrank23 »

I'll be at the show, and for those of you interested, I am going to attempt to tweet the set list as it's going on. Feel free to follow me @brudin23 on twitter if you'd like.
Somewhere between anguish and acceptance.

Jenn

St. Louis tonight

Post by Jenn »

We've rolled into St. Louis and you can feel the electricity for Game 7 tonight. Last night was one for the ages. To accommodate Cardinal fans (and Ranger fans if there are any in St. Louis), we will be holding tonight's DBT set until the game is completed. Doors will still be at 6:30pm and Those Darlins will go on at 8:30pm. We will begin following the completion of the game. See you tonight.
どれだけ涙を流せば
貴方を忘れられるだろう
Just tell me my life
何処まで歩いてみても
涙で明日が見えない

bovine knievel

Re: St. Louis tonight

Post by bovine knievel »

holding the show for the end of the game...

reason #1,000,001 why I love this band.

Thanks for the info, Jenn. I'd love to hear a rockin' Take Me Out To The Ballgame
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Flying Rabbit

Post by Flying Rabbit »

Watch the game go into extra innings like last night, haha. Nah, that's pretty awesome of them.

When I saw PJ in Philly for the closing of the Spectrum, the WS was going on next door. They had a ring-girl walk out with the score on placards sporadically.

myjeepsbigger

Post by myjeepsbigger »

Awesome!! This is gonna be a hell of a night! GO CARDS!!!

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

Man, what fun. I guess it's too late for me to get from Harrisburg, PA to St. Louis for the show. I'll just have to watch the game on TV while blasting DBT on the stereo. Not sure my wife and mother would appreciate that.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Saw this on facebook, and man, everyone should check it out. A Patterson and Jay acoustic radio performance from earlier today:

http://kdhx.org/music/live-performances/patterson-hood-and-jay-gonzalez-of-drive-by-truckers-10/28/11

So good.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

uncle rickey wrote:Saw this on facebook, and man, everyone should check it out. A Patterson and Jay acoustic radio performance from earlier today:

http://kdhx.org/music/live-performances/patterson-hood-and-jay-gonzalez-of-drive-by-truckers-10/28/11

So good.

Listening now. So good.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Clams

Post by Clams »

Jenn wrote:We've rolled into St. Louis and you can feel the electricity for Game 7 tonight. Last night was one for the ages. To accommodate Cardinal fans (and Ranger fans if there are any in St. Louis), we will be holding tonight's DBT set until the game is completed. Doors will still be at 6:30pm and Those Darlins will go on at 8:30pm. We will begin following the completion of the game. See you tonight.

Tremendous move by the band. Now the folks in St Loius don't have the agony of choosing the game or the rock show. DBT always does the right thing.
If you don't run you rust

buddymo

Post by buddymo »

It's about to get crazy in stl.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Gonna be a motherfuckin rock show tonite
Always go to the show

Clams

Post by Clams »

Jonicont wrote:Gonna be a motherfuckin rock show tonite

what he said
If you don't run you rust

rockreid

Post by rockreid »

Clams wrote:
Jonicont wrote:Gonna be a motherfuckin rock show tonite

what he said

No shit! You know they'll throw down... Just like they always do.

Winston-Salem can't get here soon enough. In need of a major fix of live DBT.
Records, cds, and mp-3s will get you by, but can only do so much.

GuitarManUpstairs

Post by GuitarManUpstairs »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
uncle rickey wrote:Saw this on facebook, and man, everyone should check it out. A Patterson and Jay acoustic radio performance from earlier today:

So good.

Listening now. So good.

Man I really enjoyed the hell out'a that! Can't wait to catch some Patterson solo dates coming up in support of the new album. BTW - anybody awake in St. Louis yet?
Never going back to Buttholeville. (Good luck with that!)

scotto

Post by scotto »

Wish I could have been there. The Pageant is a great place to see DBT. That plus game seven on the same night in StL must've made for one bad ass rock show.