Milwaukee 10/22 and Madison 10/23

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Cubfan06

Milwaukee 10/22 and Madison 10/23

Post by Cubfan06 »

Who's going? Drifter? Erdz? I would imagine TC is probably in. Drtpants? Cotter? Joelle? Mr. B?

Turner Hall in Milwaukee is a lawless venue and seeing DBT there will be a lot fun. It reminds me in a lot of ways of Buster's in Louisville. Heading up with 3 other buddies mid day on Saturday. Doing a brewery tour and brew pub stop at the Lakefront Brewery. (Probably the 4:30 tour) Perhaps a pre-game at The Harp again later on. I dunno.
Just a tip for some, I found $81 for 2 queen beds and $71 for one queen bed at the Days Inn Hotel Of the Arts. I think its only about a 3/4 mile walk from the venue. I stayed there when DBT played at The Pabst Theatre last year and it was a lot different than other Days Inns I have stayed at and very clean. (Not that I have ever had a problem with the Athens DAys Inn)
Widespread Panic will be playing their last night of a 3 night run just down the road, so pre-game should be rocking.

Then looking forward to waking up and driving to Madison the next Morning for DBT at The Majestic in Madison. I have never seen a show there, but looks like it only has a 500 person capacity.

It's over a month away...I know...but I'm pretty excited for what could be my last two midwest Drive By Truckers shows for however long it turns out to be. Can't wait for the rawwkkk!!!!

Mr. B

Re: Milwaukee 10/22 and Madison 10/23

Post by Mr. B »

Going to both. Me and the Mrs. are heading up to the Milwaukee show (love the venue) and then I am heading solo to Madison to meet up with an old buddy who I attended my first DBT show with (Feb. 2002 show at the Abbey Pub with Slobberbone, an all-time classic). Will definitely be interested in a pre-show gathering in Madison.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Just purchased a ticket for Milwaukee. Thinking on Madison, will probably by a ticket and decide later. Have some uncertainty around that time so not positive but Milwaukee is 100%.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

roryg

Post by roryg »

We'll be doing both nights. I like that Days Inn. We stayed there for Farm Aid and DBT (and The Eels for that matter, a rather full Brewtown weekend) and made use of their shuttle to get to the various venues. That was a hoot because we shared rides with some nice Christian ladies who were attending a Christian women's conference at the Bradley Center. The only caveat about the shuttle is making sure you give yourself plenty of time. We had a bit of a wait after the Sat. night show but it was Sat. night. My wife is not a big fan of Turner Hall (it's ok, but no Pabst Theatre) and the Majestic is mediocre venue - The Barrymore would have been the preferred choice. Both shows should be great, as were the two WI last Fall (well, 3-4 actually: Hood, Gonzalez and Kelly Hogan did an amazing acoustic set at the Vet's Museum the afternoon of the Madison show and Patterson did a solo set in the Pabst lobby/bar before the Milw. show). The only drawback was no Wes Freed poster - hopefully that will be rectified this time around. Won't this be fun!

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

roryg wrote:We'll be doing both nights. I like that Days Inn. We stayed there for Farm Aid and DBT (and The Eels for that matter, a rather full Brewtown weekend) and made use of their shuttle to get to the various venues. That was a hoot because we shared rides with some nice Christian ladies who were attending a Christian women's conference at the Bradley Center. The only caveat about the shuttle is making sure you give yourself plenty of time. We had a bit of a wait after the Sat. night show but it was Sat. night. My wife is not a big fan of Turner Hall (it's ok, but no Pabst Theatre) and the Majestic is mediocre venue - The Barrymore would have been the preferred choice. Both shows should be great, as were the two WI last Fall (well, 3-4 actually: Hood, Gonzalez and Kelly Hogan did an amazing acoustic set at the Vet's Museum the afternoon of the Madison show and Patterson did a solo set in the Pabst lobby/bar before the Milw. show). The only drawback was no Wes Freed poster - hopefully that will be rectified this time around. Won't this be fun!

My wife and did the DBT -Farm Aid run there as well. That Christian's women's conference was a bizarre scene to say the least.

roryg

Post by roryg »

Cubfan06 wrote:
roryg wrote:We'll be doing both nights. I like that Days Inn. We stayed there for Farm Aid and DBT (and The Eels for that matter, a rather full Brewtown weekend) and made use of their shuttle to get to the various venues. That was a hoot because we shared rides with some nice Christian ladies who were attending a Christian women's conference at the Bradley Center. The only caveat about the shuttle is making sure you give yourself plenty of time. We had a bit of a wait after the Sat. night show but it was Sat. night. My wife is not a big fan of Turner Hall (it's ok, but no Pabst Theatre) and the Majestic is mediocre venue - The Barrymore would have been the preferred choice. Both shows should be great, as were the two WI last Fall (well, 3-4 actually: Hood, Gonzalez and Kelly Hogan did an amazing acoustic set at the Vet's Museum the afternoon of the Madison show and Patterson did a solo set in the Pabst lobby/bar before the Milw. show). The only drawback was no Wes Freed poster - hopefully that will be rectified this time around. Won't this be fun!

My wife and did the DBT -Farm Aid run there as well. That Christian's women's conference was a bizarre scene to say the least.

But entertaining as well.

wrekkr

Post by wrekkr »

pretty sure i'm going to be on vacation for these two shows :?

beergut

Post by beergut »

wrekkr wrote:pretty sure i'm going to be on vacation for these two shows :?

Bummer. I was hoping our paths would cross.

I sure as hell am not missing these shows as last year I was honeymooning in Europe.
for a few hours, I'm 19 years old and rock and roll is the only thing that matters.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

In the spirit of sharing in Wisconsin let the unofficial countdown begin....

beergut

Post by beergut »

Cubfan06 wrote:In the spirit of sharing in Wisconsin let the unofficial countdown begin....

Nice!

Thanks for your support.
for a few hours, I'm 19 years old and rock and roll is the only thing that matters.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Hotel booked for Milwaukee. Will be show #12 this year. Can't wait.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

beergut wrote:
Cubfan06 wrote:In the spirit of sharing in Wisconsin let the unofficial countdown begin....

Nice!

Thanks for your support.

Sorry I fucked up its actully....

oft seen at Widespread Panic shows....

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Neck beard! Plus I never realized the resemblance between Kyle Orton and SeanP. :?

The Drifter
Location: The Drifter holds on to his youth, just like it was money in the bank.

Post by The Drifter »

I'm in for both shows. I'm still working on my Milwaukee hotel but will probably stay at the Days Inn where Cubfan is staying. I booked a hostel for the Madison show. My buddy and I got a private room with two beds for $60 about a block away from The Majestic. If anybody else is looking to book a room in Madison, I would look into this. The website doesn't show many room options, but if you call, they have more options available.

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/HI-Madison-Hostel/Madison/29526#facilities

beergut

Post by beergut »

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

beergut wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Priceless wook picture!

beergut

Post by beergut »

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

beergut wrote:Image

I saw that guy a few thousand times at Hardly Strictly.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

roryg

Post by roryg »

The Drifter wrote:I'm in for both shows. I'm still working on my Milwaukee hotel but will probably stay at the Days Inn where Cubfan is staying. I booked a hostel for the Madison show. My buddy and I got a private room with two beds for $60 about a block away from The Majestic. If anybody else is looking to book a room in Madison, I would look into this. The website doesn't show many room options, but if you call, they have more options available.

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/HI-Madison-Hostel/Madison/29526#facilities

That hostel is a small place but it looks ok. A Costa Rican restaurant next door and a brewpub almost across the street. You can even walk over to the convention center and sit on the Otis Redding bench looking out over the lake where he shuffled off his mortal coil.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Really starting to get excited for Milwaukee (and getting closer to confirming Madison). I need a rock show.

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Fuck it!
In for Madison! Taking Drifters tip on the Hostel, and now I can finally start getting excited :D
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

GW in IA wrote:Fuck it!
In for Madison! Taking Drifters tip on the Hostel, and now I can finally start getting excited :D

Nice! Can't wait to see ya.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Damn it man, now I have to go to Madison don't I? :)

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:

Damn it man, now I have to go to Madison don't I? :)

Yes.

Well, actually you had to go before. But now you REALLY have to go.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

beantownbubba wrote:Yes.

Well, actually you had to go before. But now you REALLY have to go.

^^^^^^^
What he said :D
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

beergut

Post by beergut »

Well, since no one else wants to play.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Well seeing as these are Wisconsin shows...

beergut

Post by beergut »

beergut

Post by beergut »

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »