Clamsland, err, Philly, Nov 19

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

CooleyGirl

Clamsland, err, Philly, Nov 19

Post by CooleyGirl »

Philly on Saturday, woo hoo!
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

Penny Lane

Re: Clamsland, err, Philly, Nov 19

Post by Penny Lane »

ha ha.. i just started a thread for this show titled "Because who doesn't love some CLAMS!?"
Fond memories of last New Year's Day, see you at the show!
In my blood, there's gasoline..

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Penny Lane wrote:
Fond memories of last New Year's Day

For sure! Sorry to be missing it this time around but hopefully the previous 2 nites, and some fresh Maine lobster, will ease the pain.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

I've got a gig that night. Bummer.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

njMark

Post by njMark »

I hope to make it, have to check my work sched since I've already used up all my time for this year

lynne

Post by lynne »

njMark wrote:I hope to make it, have to check my work sched since I've already used up all my time for this year

Call in dead drunk and naked! :D They will understand. Hope to see you there.
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

njMark

Post by njMark »

I think it is a go for me, get out of work at 4, shoot down to Philly, get home, sleep and go to work for 8. I did it on NYD, I can do it again... with the Generals permission of course.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

I will be in Philly for this show!
:D
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Clams

Post by Clams »

in
If you don't run you rust

lynne

Post by lynne »

Clams wrote:in

Would hope so - it wouldn't be Clamsland without you!
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

Van

Post by Van »

Looking forward to it!

TDB

Post by TDB »

I'd give this one a better than 50/50 chance.

BigTom
Site Admin

Post by BigTom »

In
Tumble down shack in Bigfoot County

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

I'm in. Grabbed my tix today. I will be taking my nephew to his first DBT show...

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

I'm still trying to get rid of four Temple v Army tickets for that day. I can't do a DBT show and the football game in one day. If anybody is interested or you know of anyone who might be interested please let me know.

BostonREB

Post by BostonREB »

I'm in.
Send lawyers, guns and money....

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

I'm thinking about doing the Philly marathon on Sunday but i'm hesitating because it would mean abstaining from hardcore partying at this show. I would also have to keep my fist pumping and jumping to a minimum, I'm not sure it's possible....Anyone know the proximity of the TLA from the marathon start? I could google it, but offhand? Both my bosses are running it so i'm getting all kinds of work/networking pressure, too.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Penny Lane wrote:I'm thinking about doing the Philly marathon on Sunday but i'm hesitating because it would mean abstaining from hardcore partying at this show. I would also have to keep my fist pumping and jumping to a minimum, I'm not sure it's possible....Anyone know the proximity of the TLA from the marathon start? I could google it, but offhand? Both my bosses are running it so i'm getting all kinds of work/networking pressure, too.

Penny the marathon starts and ends by the Art Museum, which is just a couple of miles from South Street and the TLA. Center city Philly is kind of like a horizontal rectangle, with the Art Museum at the top left and South Street at the bottom right. You could stay in a downtown/center city hotel and be right in the middle of them, no more than a mile or two (5 or 10 minute cab ride) from both. Any other questions, let me know.

IMO - even if you stay sober, you're gonna be up till 1:00am-ish. Not exactly conducive to rising early and running 26.2 miles.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

I never sleep the night before a marathon anyway, so I'm not worried about that. Thanks for the info. I think I'll be staying at a Renaissance or one of the Marriotts if i stay so hopefully there's one downtown city center area. I'm worried about the 3 night, 3 concert sweep before that (Boston DBT, Boston Deer Tick, then Philly DBT). I'm not sure my body's up for that before a marathon. But it's good to know the proximity. If I'm trained properly, then I can do it. I need to see if registration is still open, i think it is. Thanks, Clamsi.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Penny Lane wrote: I'm worried about the 3 night, 3 concert sweep before that (Boston DBT, Boston Deer Tick, then Philly DBT). I'm not sure my body's up for that before a marathon.

It's not easy being Penny Lane!

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Clams wrote:
Penny Lane wrote: I'm worried about the 3 night, 3 concert sweep before that (Boston DBT, Boston Deer Tick, then Philly DBT). I'm not sure my body's up for that before a marathon.

;) :P I'll sleep when I'm dead.

(but srsly, ran a half marathon yesterday and struggled a bit, i'm not sure i'll be up for that marathon in the cold snowy weather..)

Clams

Post by Clams »

Penny Lane wrote:
Clams wrote:

(but srsly, ran a half marathon yesterday and struggled a bit, i'm not sure i'll be up for that marathon in the cold snowy weather..)

Actually mid November here is usually perfect running weather. I'd bet on 40's-50's. Could be wet, but def not any snow.

btw - Just as soon as they change the mileage part from 26 down to around 5 or 6, I'm gonna start running marathons too. Can't wait!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Penny Lane wrote:I never sleep the night before a marathon anyway, so I'm not worried about that. Thanks for the info. I think I'll be staying at a Renaissance or one of the Marriotts if i stay so hopefully there's one downtown city center area. I'm worried about the 3 night, 3 concert sweep before that (Boston DBT, Boston Deer Tick, then Philly DBT). I'm not sure my body's up for that before a marathon. But it's good to know the proximity. If I'm trained properly, then I can do it. I need to see if registration is still open, i think it is. Thanks, Clamsi.

:shock: :shock:

I'm not sure an Olympic marathoner could do that quadruple, but hey, you're superpenny, so who am i to doubt? I'll be rooting for you (pay no attention to that guy plying you w/ drinks at the boston show).

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

Penny Lane wrote:
Clams wrote:

Girl child, that is impressive! I could do a half, but no way in hell I could do a whole after a run of shows like that. Crazy!
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Damn I love it when you talk southern, Lurleen :D

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

it's probably a crazy idea..and i def wouldn't drink those shows leading up to it..
wishful thinking..

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

Penny Lane wrote:I never sleep the night before a marathon anyway, so I'm not worried about that. Thanks for the info. I think I'll be staying at a Renaissance or one of the Marriotts if i stay so hopefully there's one downtown city center area. I'm worried about the 3 night, 3 concert sweep before that (Boston DBT, Boston Deer Tick, then Philly DBT). I'm not sure my body's up for that before a marathon. But it's good to know the proximity. If I'm trained properly, then I can do it. I need to see if registration is still open, i think it is. Thanks, Clamsi.

You can see Deer Tick in York PA in the middle of October in York, PA ($16 per ticket), then you can see DBT in Pittsburgh on the Tuesday before the Philly show, do some training and skip Boston. Then take the short drive to Philly for the weekend. Do you're carbo load at Ralphs early Saturday then enjoy the show Saturday night. You'll be in good shape for the marathon.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Gang Green wrote:Do you're carbo load at Ralphs early Saturday

Now you're talkin'. Just give me a bowl of mussels in red gravy and a loaf of bread. Oh man.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Gang Green wrote: and skip Boston.

That's pretty heartless right there Mr. Gang Green, taking our penny away from us. :shock:

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Gang Green wrote:

You can see Deer Tick in York PA in the middle of October in York, PA ($16 per ticket), then you can see DBT in Pittsburgh on the Tuesday before the Philly show, do some training and skip Boston. Then take the short drive to Philly for the weekend. Do you're carbo load at Ralphs early Saturday then enjoy the show Saturday night. You'll be in good shape for the marathon.

ha ha..good thinking but i don't have a car, and more buses/trains run to/from Boston and Philly---also i NEED to see Deer Tick on this tour the only show they're co-headlining with the Felice Bros--I have to see them perform together--i had no idea about the marathon until my boss asked me about it..is Ralph's pasta?..not cheesesteak, right? the Ralph's part i might enjoy..

PS---Even though HOB is generally the worst venue in the country, i need some Bubba time and WSPDBT owes me a beer!...