Clamsland, err, Philly, Nov 19

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Penny Lane

Re: Clamsland, err, Philly, Nov 19

Post by Penny Lane »

Sterling Big Mouth wrote:I'm officially in. And definitely looking forward to seeing everyone.

Now to requests:

One of These Days - Three guitar heaven
Carl Perkins Cadillac - Jay Gonzalez solo time
DD&N - Directly into GMU
Why Henry Drinks - Hit the JD and play it as loud as possible

ROCK SHOW TIME.

What?! That's more like it!

PS i'd love to hear One of these Days...
In my blood, there's gasoline..

BigTom
Site Admin

Post by BigTom »

Penny Lane wrote:
Sterling Big Mouth wrote:I'm officially in. And definitely looking forward to seeing everyone.

Now to requests:

One of These Days - Three guitar heaven
Carl Perkins Cadillac - Jay Gonzalez solo time
DD&N - Directly into GMU
Why Henry Drinks - Hit the JD and play it as loud as possible

ROCK SHOW TIME.

What?! That's more like it!

PS i'd love to hear One of these Days...

One of These Days is always on my wish list. Also, The Tough Sell....even better if they opened with The Tough Sell or One Of These Days.
Tumble down shack in Bigfoot County

mark lynn
Site Admin

Post by mark lynn »

who is this Big Tom i keep reading about and why is he here :D

'Scratch

Post by 'Scratch »

Been dodging monkey wrenches the last couple months. Well, trying to dodge them. Not very successfully. But...thanks to my good friends Linda and Dennis I'll be catching a ride and a ticket the big shew.

See you guys there!
Not forever, just for now.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

That's awesome! Hope to meet you, Scratch!

Van

Post by Van »

Two More Days. Can't wait! Looks like they are really mixing it up in the set list lately.

My one request would be an electric version of "Cottonseed".

bethandjoe

Post by bethandjoe »

We're real excited for the show. Couldn't make the last Philly show on New Years because of the kids. We are bringing our friend Bob- a first timer. Joe and Bob have been playing in a band together for as long as Hood and Cooley. Countless efforts trying to get Bob into DBT over the past 6 years failed until Joe dropped a copy of Go Go Boots in his guitar case at practice one night, now that is all he listens to. Can't wait to see some of you guys again, it has been since DC 2010. Joe says he doesn't remember that show maybe he'll stay sober enough to remember this one....maybe.

njMark

Post by njMark »

98% sure Im out for this one, moving out of my apt saturday morning and I dont think Ill be done in time to get down there plus moving is way expensive so I hope you all have a blast and Ill be having a drink at home for ya

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

njMark wrote:98% sure Im out for this one, moving out of my apt saturday morning and I dont think Ill be done in time to get down there plus moving is way expensive so I hope you all have a blast and Ill be having a drink at home for ya

Darn, I was looking forward to talking some NY/NJ area football, though after last night's loss to a high school team, I might not have been in the mood anyway. Hopefully, we'll see you in DC.

njMark

Post by njMark »

DC is out, i will be in NC, maybe Athens but funds are low this year and I have to prioritize, unfortunately.

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

I wish I was catchin' this show w/all of you fine people (I mean if I can make it to GA & NOLA, you would think I could make it to Philly); but Mrs. Slip has scheduled me to go out to a Moroccan restaurant w/some other couples. I had to concede w/D.C. & Athens comin' up. I hope you guys get some rarities. They're tossin' out a few here lately.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

Clams

Post by Clams »

Clams wrote:Family substitution: Mrs Clams out, Jr in.

Well Jr is under the weather and it's been determined that a rock show is not in his best interest.

So I now have an extra ticket. If anyone wants it, please send me a PM. Thanks.
If you don't run you rust

TDB

Post by TDB »

Today is the day! See all you fuckers in Philly!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

TDB wrote:Today is the day! See all you fuckers in Philly!

There's something just kinda right about the RevTodd heading to a Rock Show. Have fun man.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

TDB wrote:Today is the day! See all you fuckers in Philly!

Hot Toddy
Always go to the show

karmadog

Post by karmadog »

BOY HOWDY!!
Its been a while, in fact its been to damn long, but it looks like there is a good chance I will be able to make the show tonight. See everybody tonight!!
WOOO-HOOOOOOO!!!

emandrisdad

Post by emandrisdad »

I almost grabbed a ticket for this and now its good that I didn't. I've got a raging caseof gout and no way could I have made it. I do have some good painkillers though. Have fun everybody.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Bus on time so far! Awesome Karmadog, Rev Todd, and emand!

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Bus on time so far! Awesome Karmadog, Rev Todd, and emand!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Picking Jimmy C. up at 6. Should be there by 8
Always go to the show

njMark

Post by njMark »

In like Flynn thanks to Mr. Clams. See yall there

Clams

Post by Clams »

njMark wrote:In like Flynn thanks to Mr. Clams. See yall there

Actually Mark not so in after all. The ticket's still available if anyone wants it.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

WTF? Nothing from no one? I guess I'll have to fill in. According to a text from a family friend who is basically my "third son" it was an incredible set, the best DBT show he's seen (of about 4, i think). They closed w/ angels & fuselage. And that's all i know.
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Used to be a Cop
Get Downtown 
Life in the Factory
Gravity's Gone
Sinkhole 
Where the Devil Don't Stay
Go Go Boots
Cartoon Gold
Wife Beater
Space City
Dancing Ricky
Everybody Needs Love
A Ghost to Most
The Tough Sell
Women Without Whiskey
The Fourth Night of My Drinking
3 Dimes Down
Lookout Mountain
Ronnie and Neil
Encore:
Marry Me
Mercy Buckets
Zip City
Let There Be Rock
Shut Up and Get on the Plane
Angels and Fuselage

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

WOW!
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Hometown Saturday night rock show. DBT brought it. Great songs... Wife Beater-->Space City and 3 Dimes-->Lookout Mtn-->Ronnie & Neil were the highlights for me. The TLA looked pretty full. Crowd was great up front, got a little rowdy but nothing over the top (this one drunk girl kept screaming "I love you Patterson Hoooooooood"). Patterson fist bumped Penny Lane when they came back out for the encore (I think their crush is mutual). Cooley was moving all around and was into it. Neff never ceases to amaze. Jay, EZB and Shonna too.

Apart from a few glaring omissions, all of the 3DD east coast royalty was in the house: Penny Lane, Bill in CT, Headhunter and his wife Beth (thanks for letting me be your fifth wheel for dinner), Prof and his wife, UR and CG of course, Rev Todd, Sterling Big Mouth, Scratch, Van and his son, Jonicont, Gang Green, Jimmy C, Karma Dog, Boston REB, finally got to meet Howlin Wolf, Lynn & Guinness, Big Tom, Marklynn. Jeez I hope I'm not leaving anyone out! It was really fun seeing people in the bars, on South Street, in the line, in the club, etc. Good times!

Thought Jessica Lea Mayfield was awesome. Sultry and sexy. Had a great band too, esp her guitar player.

And now... sleep.

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

Wow! set list looks killer... Life in the factory, Wife Beater,Space City & The Tough Sell are the makings for a special night....
Hope you all enjoyed it, you can probably feel my envy from the other edge of the country.
Been so long, it seems like they'll never make it out my way again. It's rather painful.
Glad to know they are still throwing down the goods, making every night a Saturday Night!

RAWK On!
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

TDB

Post by TDB »

Holy mother of God, I'm tired! Thanks to Monty for driving home and thanks to Craig for getting me in!
My ears are ringing, and I need a bong hit to bring things down to Earth.

Ahhhhh....better.

ALL I gotta say is WIFE BEATER !!!! That's all you need to know.

'Scratch

Post by 'Scratch »

Clams wrote:Hometown Saturday night rock show. DBT brought it. Great songs... Wife Beater-->Space City and 3 Dimes-->Lookout Mtn-->Ronnie & Neil were the highlights for me. The TLA looked pretty full. Crowd was great up front, got a little rowdy but nothing over the top (this one drunk girl kept screaming "I love you Patterson Hoooooooood"). Patterson fist bumped Penny Lane when they came back out for the encore (I think their crush is mutual). Cooley was moving all around and was into it. Neff never ceases to amaze. Jay, EZB and Shonna too.

Apart from a few glaring omissions, all of the 3DD east coast royalty was in the house: Penny Lane, Bill in CT, Headhunter and his wife Beth (thanks for letting me be your fifth wheel for dinner), Prof and his wife, UR and CG of course, Rev Todd, Sterling Big Mouth, Scratch, Van and his son, Jonicont, Gang Green, Jimmy C, Karma Dog, Boston REB, finally got to meet Howlin Wolf, Lynn & Guinness, Big Tom, Marklynn. Jeez I hope I'm not leaving anyone out! It was really fun seeing people in the bars, on South Street, in the line, in the club, etc. Good times!

Thought Jessica Lea Mayfield was awesome. Sultry and sexy. Had a great band too, esp her guitar player.

And now... sleep.

Excellent review Clams. It was good to see you there. I hope your boy bounces back soon, I need a few Slash-lick lessons.
Lot of classics and new as well. It must have been awesome to be on the rail when Patterson came down and sang and shook sweat over everyone. Got to have a chat with Shonna outside the bus about her new bass (she hate's playing new), the upcoming month off and plans for her cookbook. What a sweetheart. Saw Patterson, EZB and Cooley walking around too, but I could tell they weren't in the mood for a fan appreciation intervention. So I waved and said thanks.

Jessica Lea Mayfield's band was really tight and she's got an incredible voice. Rarely have I seen a guitarist so at home on his fiddle - it was like he was shredding with his favorite blankie.

We did get pulled over by a Pennsylvania State Trooper on the way home but thanks to sober minds and a little luck, they let us roll on relatively unscathed.

Why do rock shows always come and go so fast? It was good to be there.
Not forever, just for now.

mhc

Post by mhc »

TDB wrote:Holy mother of God, I'm tired! Thanks to Monty for driving home and thanks to Craig for getting me in!
My ears are ringing, and I need a bong hit to bring things down to Earth.

Ahhhhh....better.

ALL I gotta say is WIFE BEATER !!!! That's all you need to know.

Glad u and Monty are back in one piece Todd.
"I wonder who gets the donkey"
Clams