Guitar that Isbell played in "The Secret To A Happy Ending"?

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

midniterambler

Guitar that Isbell played in "The Secret To A Happy Ending"?

Post by midniterambler »

I'll post this over on the Isbell board too.

Does anybody know what kind of guitar Isbell is seen playing on alot of the live footage in "A Secret To A Happy Ending"? It's got a Firebird style body shape, and mini-humbuckers like a Firebird, but it's not. It doesn't have a pickguard that I can see or the reverse style headstock that a Firebird would have. It's no Fender or Gibson that I've ever seen. I once saw an ESP Phoenix in a magazine. It was like ESP's version of the Firebird. Just wondering if maybe this was what Jason was playing? Anybody know?

bigblockdodge

Re: Guitar that Isbell played in "The Secret To A Happy Endi

Post by bigblockdodge »

You mean this one? It is a First Act Custom Delgada

zoid

Post by zoid »

Yep.. First Act. The same company that brought out all of those cheap chinese walmart guitars. They have a custom shop in boston that make top notch guitars. Here's a link to JI's First Act page:
http://www.firstact.com/Artists/Jason_Isbell.aspx

midniterambler

Post by midniterambler »

That's the one. Thanks alot. I always wondered what that was. I heard Jason had a deal with First Act a while back.

I never knew that about their Custom Shop. I always associated the name with, like you said, the cheap Walmart guitars.