Big Spring Jam (Huntsville) - Sept 23

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

zoid

Big Spring Jam (Huntsville) - Sept 23

Post by zoid »

Just a heads up, the Big Spring Jam site has DBT plying Friday night @ 10:00 but I don't see this listed on their schedule. Last week they had Old Crow scheduled for this slot. http://www.bigspringjam.org/scheduleGroup/schedule.html

MSTaper

Re: Big Spring Jam (Huntsville) - Sept 23

Post by MSTaper »

I just saw that. I think happened very recently. I heard Old Crow had to cancel part of their tour for "health reasons."
Darn shame because they were one of the only bands worth seeing.
I'd like to see DBT, but I need another band or two to make it worth the trip. It's $30 a day PLUS the ticketbastard fees .

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

OCMS has canceled everything on their schedule. There is plenty of speculation but no real information as of yet.
It looks like I'll have to reset my priorities for Hardly Strictly.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Hud

Post by Hud »

Saw OCMS at Floydfest July 28th, they were incredible. 5th time seeing them & none of the other shows touched this one. Was one of the finest shows I've ever seen, lots of energy.....strings popping left & right. Right up there with DBT show. I can see why they need a break.
I've seen my future and I'm scared to close my eyes

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

A couple of friends of mine were at the Floydfest show and they agreed with you.
They thought the band was peaking and now this, hence the confusion among the faithful.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

MSTaper

Post by MSTaper »

I got to see Old Crow at the Hangout Festival back in May. They played the Boom Boom Room tent just before the Truckers. The tent was overflowing and I just slowly worked my way in and slowly moved closer. When hole in the crowd opened, I'd move. If someone came by moving forward, I followed them. I got to the spot I wanted to be for DBT and just waited and claimed the spot after the OCMS set. I just wish I'd taped OCMS, but I got there after the set and was not in one spot very long. Still, It would have been nice to have.

MSTaper

floorman

Post by floorman »

This could be a perfect SRO time and place...
in the shadow of the VBC
sept. 2011
Hwy 72 (mean ol hwy) just up the way
just a thought.........