Something Is Happening Here...

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Something Is Happening Here...

Post by beantownbubba »

And I hope i know what it is...

I am reliably informed that the "progressive" radio station in East Hampton "loves" DBT. The Hamptons draw more than their share of hipsters and scenesters, so according to the formula that makes the unknown w/ a twist "cool" to the in-crowd this makes a certain amount of sense, but I would not have guessed this market would be especially fertile DBT territory. I mean, yeah, it's a beach, but it's not exactly Panama City or the Outer Banks or the Jersey Shore :D ;)

Maybe, just maaaaaaybe, w/ the release of a more or less career spanning "greatest hits" disc, a 4.5 star review in Rolling Stone*, and the buzz we all constantly try to build and support (to say nothing of the quality of the music and the rock shows) things are starting to go the band's way. Here's hoping...

*And a positive review on the jambands site, of course :)
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

RevMatt

Re: Something Is Happening Here...

Post by RevMatt »

Well, down here at the Jersey Shore 90.5 The Night has been keen on DBT since The Big To Do was released. If I spend the day running errands I will hear a DBT song about two or three times during the course of the day. Hopefully with the New West compilation they will start to dig a little deeper into the back catalogue. Right now the station only plays songs from the past two albums.

DBT draws well in the NYC area with at least one sellout for each swing through these parts. But radio airplay will attract the more casual listeners.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

inman_trucker

Post by inman_trucker »

Radio officially sucks down here...WNCW, a public radio station on the campus of Isothermal community College, is the only station that will occasionally play DBT. Thank God for MP3 players!
the price of bein' sober is bein' scared out of your mind....

emandrisdad

Post by emandrisdad »

RevMatt wrote:Well, down here at the Jersey Shore 90.5 The Night has been keen on DBT since The Big To Do was released. If I spend the day running errands I will hear a DBT song about two or three times during the course of the day. Hopefully with the New West compilation they will start to dig a little deeper into the back catalogue. Right now the station only plays songs from the past two albums.

DBT draws well in the NYC area with at least one sellout for each swing through these parts. But radio airplay will attract the more casual listeners.

I just started my new gig down in Red Bank on Monday and I've heard them on 90.5 each day so far. Excellent station that I wish I could get at home.