Newbies--Introduce yourselves

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Aaron_heathen

Re: Newbies--Introduce yourselves

Post by Aaron_heathen »

scotto wrote:
Aaron_heathen wrote:phheeewww...

I haven't been on here in forever. It's nice to be back. Everyone seems a lot more chill here!
If you mean compared to Facebook, absolutely. But then, a prison dining hall is chill compared to Facebook. I prefer lurking/posting here for that very reason. A lot less traffic, but quality > quantity.
EXACTLY! Too much politics, not enough rock. Been attending the shows since 2003 and met so many great people over the years

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Aaron_heathen wrote:
scotto wrote:
Aaron_heathen wrote:phheeewww...

I haven't been on here in forever. It's nice to be back. Everyone seems a lot more chill here!
If you mean compared to Facebook, absolutely. But then, a prison dining hall is chill compared to Facebook. I prefer lurking/posting here for that very reason. A lot less traffic, but quality > quantity.
EXACTLY! Too much politics, not enough rock. Been attending the shows since 2003 and met so many great people over the years
The big FB group is a cesspool. The new smaller one which I believe you are a member of now is much more chill and is mostly people from here. This place is great for long form discussions but the FB group is good for quick thoughts, show pictures and the occasional music conversation or jkust to blow off steam and have fun. Welcome! Glad to have you in both locations.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

junco partner

Post by junco partner »

Hi, I've just joined the forum, long time DBT fan from Scotland (I've seen the band 17 times, I think, since 2005, in the UK & Amsterdam). I was a member of the forum when it was Nine Bullets, maybe about 2008 Nine Bullets was planning to do a DBT 'covers album' from forum members recordings.. the idea was dropped but I did a recording of Heathens with a singer that I was in a piano/vocal duo with at the time, the recording has been "sitting there patiently" ever since & probably been heard by about 5 people so I thought it would be good to get it out there.. No official permission for this but I checked with the forum admin about putting it on youtube & also using the Wes Freed artwork, they thought it should be ok so here it is, hope it's ok to put the link here

https://youtu.be/gmJnHWZk2qI

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

junco partner wrote:Hi, I've just joined the forum, long time DBT fan from Scotland (I've seen the band 17 times, I think, since 2005, in the UK & Amsterdam). I was a member of the forum when it was Nine Bullets, maybe about 2008 Nine Bullets was planning to do a DBT 'covers album' from forum members recordings.. the idea was dropped but I did a recording of Heathens with a singer that I was in a piano/vocal duo with at the time, the recording has been "sitting there patiently" ever since & probably been heard by about 5 people so I thought it would be good to get it out there.. No official permission for this but I checked with the forum admin about putting it on youtube & also using the Wes Freed artwork, they thought it should be ok so here it is, hope it's ok to put the link here

Welcome back. What was your screen name back in the day?

Really like the recording. Thanks for linking.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

junco partner

Post by junco partner »

Hi & thanks - I probably had less than 10 posts on the old forum so you're unlikely to remember but I used the name BBD, for Beth Burns Duo & a little play on the '3 initial band name' thing.. I possibly only signed up because of the covers project idea, I don't tend to post on forums much so I never rejoined, but I've always been a lurker as they say (LTL?).. I was thinking about another trip to Amsterdam for this year's European tour but then the world got cancelled..

Flea

Post by Flea »

junco partner wrote:Hi, I've just joined the forum, long time DBT fan from Scotland (I've seen the band 17 times, I think, since 2005, in the UK & Amsterdam). I was a member of the forum when it was Nine Bullets, maybe about 2008 Nine Bullets was planning to do a DBT 'covers album' from forum members recordings.. the idea was dropped but I did a recording of Heathens with a singer that I was in a piano/vocal duo with at the time, the recording has been "sitting there patiently" ever since & probably been heard by about 5 people so I thought it would be good to get it out there.. No official permission for this but I checked with the forum admin about putting it on youtube & also using the Wes Freed artwork, they thought it should be ok so here it is, hope it's ok to put the link here

New meat!
Now it's dark.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Flea wrote:

New meat!
Old meat, actually
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

junco partner

Post by junco partner »

Me or the song? I'd settle for middle-aged..

Flea

Post by Flea »

junco partner wrote:Me or the song? I'd settle for middle-aged..
Middle-aged meat! doesn't sound as appealing, now does it?
Now it's dark.

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

Flea wrote:
Many people prefer dry-aged meat over fresh meat these days, Flea.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

RolanK wrote:
Flea wrote:
Many people prefer dry-aged meat over fresh meat these days, Flea.
:lol: :lol:

junco partner

Post by junco partner »

Mister statetrooper please don't eat me

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I saw we had a new member so I open the thread and y’all are talking about your meat. Not that there’s anything wrong that. Anyway, welcome back junco. Nice recording
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

junco partner

Post by junco partner »

Thanks. It confused me as well..

Coney

Post by Coney »

I am not exactly a newbie, but I feel like one because I never really settled down here. Showed up and then migrated to Facebook. And now I am done with FB and have returned to where the pure of heart live.
So, hey everyone! I have only been aware of DBT for a comparably short period of time--maybe seven years or so. And it took a year or so for me to realize that this band is the BEST band out there. Really smart, mind blowing rock your face off music, and nice people. The last live song I heard before this quarantine was People Who Died at the 40 Watt on the last night of HC. I carry that energy around with me now. I am hoping, but not really believing, that the late summer shows will happen and I will see them in San Francisco and Petaluma.
Anyway, I am really really really glad to be back here and I hope some friends from the other side will come on over too. I was told Flea was providing cookies.
Beeesides, them's highway miles...

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

Coney wrote:I am not exactly a newbie, but I feel like one because I never really settled down here. Showed up and then migrated to Facebook. And now I am done with FB and have returned to where the pure of heart live.
So, hey everyone! I have only been aware of DBT for a comparably short period of time--maybe seven years or so. And it took a year or so for me to realize that this band is the BEST band out there. Really smart, mind blowing rock your face off music, and nice people. The last live song I heard before this quarantine was People Who Died at the 40 Watt on the last night of HC. I carry that energy around with me now. I am hoping, but not really believing, that the late summer shows will happen and I will see them in San Francisco and Petaluma.
Anyway, I am really really really glad to be back here and I hope some friends from the other side will come on over too. I was told Flea was providing cookies.
Welcome back Coney!
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Flea

Post by Flea »

Coney wrote:I am not exactly a newbie, but I feel like one because I never really settled down here. Showed up and then migrated to Facebook. And now I am done with FB and have returned to where the pure of heart live.
Now it's dark.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Flea wrote:
ahhhhhhh cookiessssssssss.......

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

W/ apologies to John Sebastian

Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out
Welcome back, to that same old place that you laughed about
Well the names haven't changed since you hung around
But those dreams have remained and they've turned around
Who'd have thought they'd lead ya
(Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Back here where we need ya
(Back here where we need ya)
Yeah we tease her a lot 'cause we got her on the spot
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back, welcome back
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back
We always could spot a friend, welcome back
And I smile when I think how you must have been
And I know what a scene you were learning in
Was there something that made you come back again
And what could ever lead ya
(What could ever lead ya)
Back here where we need ya
(Back here where we need ya)
Yeah we tease her a lot 'cause we got her on the spot
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back, welcome back
Welcome back, welcome back

What's that you say? Coney, Kotter, it's all Brooklyn to me. Anyway, welcome back.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Personally I stay away from other people's cookies. Too much risk in the unknown. Anyway, good to see ya Beth. :)
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Coney

Post by Coney »

BTB, nice to be back with the cool kids. And thank you very much. I have been tormented by that song in my head all day now.
Clams, cookies provided to me on the first night of HC caused me to be nearly unconscious by the time the band played Buttholeville, one of my favorites. You'll be glad to know I blame Flea.
Last edited by Coney on Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Coney wrote:BTB, nice to be back with the cool kids. And thank you very much. I have been tormented by that song in my head all day now.
Clams, cookies provided to me on the first night of HC caused me to be nearly unconscious by the time the band played Buttholeville, one of my favorites. I was actually standing in the exact same spot on the rail that Beaverdam was the next night, looking just like I must have looked. Anyway, you'll be glad to know I blame Flea.
I think I broke Molly the next night. But in all fairness, I told you they were potent!
Now it's dark.

Coney

Post by Coney »

Yes you did, though I think it was something along the lines of, "maybe you don't want to eat the entire thing at once." Should have been more like, "first, just try sniffing it. You might not need more than that." They did pair nicely with tequila.