Newbies--Introduce yourselves

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Lawsonslastlivinday

Re: Newbies--Intoduce yourselves

Post by Lawsonslastlivinday »

3 shows in the Bayou State is like christmas come early for this guy
John Henry was a steel-driving bastard but John Henry was a bastard just the same

catiepearl

Post by catiepearl »

Hey y'all! I used to lurk on the old 9 bullets board back in the day, been listening to DBT for quite sometime and just recently turned both my brothers on to them. Seems like a nice group of folks over here... Oh and I'm from the FLA.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Welcome catiepearl! Make yourself at home.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

catiepearl wrote:Seems like a nice group of folks over here...

Wrong. Wall to wall with opinionated douche bags.
Beebs is not a ragey man

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Beebs wrote:
catiepearl wrote:Seems like a nice group of folks over here...

Wrong. Wall to wall with opinionated douche bags.

But they're nice opinionated douche bags.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Kinder, gentler opinionated douchebags, if you will. :)

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

am not
Beebs is not a ragey man

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Beebs wrote:am not

I know I am, but what are you?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

grayotis

Post by grayotis »

Hello all. My name is Gray and I'm a guitarist/songwriter/sometimes singer from north Louisiana. I discovered DBT accidentally on youtube about a year ago. The first track I heard was "Goddamn Lonely Love." I was floored, so I started checking out their other stuff. Needless to say, within a couple of months, I had every record they've ever put out. I'm still blown away by their body of work. I've been to two shows this year and both were a testament to what a great live band they are. I saw them in Oxford, MS where alcohol was flowing like water...my wife and I had a blast. I recently saw them in Florence, AL, no alcohol, and the show was UNBELIEVABLE.

Anyway, I've posted here a couple of times, thought I'd take a minute to introduce myself. At the shows attended, I'm amazed at how friendly DBT fans are. At first I thought it was just a Southern Thang, but I met people from all over the country at the last show.

Hope everybody is having a good day.

grayotis

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Welcome, grayotis!
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

lynne

Post by lynne »

Hey Grayotis - you will enjoy it here. These people are AWESOME!
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

grayotis

Post by grayotis »

Thanks for the welcomes. I look forward to checking in from time to time.

JimmerDette
Location: Somewhere in the Midwest.......waitin for the rock show!

Post by JimmerDette »

I have been a fan of the Truckers for about 8 years now and have tried for the last 3 or so to get on this message board.........but with no success until now :lol: . I have seen them around 7 times live and the most memorable was when my family went to Lollapalooza last year and my 7 and 9 yr old girl and boy were able to meet the band with myself in the autograph tent after their set. I have the photo on the desk at work of Cooley,Hood, myself and my two kids. I love all the albums but in particular I adore Go Go Boots and Brighter Than Creations Dark. I am a fan nearing 40 so I have seen about 250 shows live in my life of all types of artists from almost every genre ranging from rap to irish music to country etc. I will say the biggest compliment I can pay this band is to say of all I listen to and have seen, they are the realest most sincere artists I have ever witnessed. So happy I found them years ago, for their music is a road map of life for so many. They make my daily grinds that much easier.
Last edited by JimmerDette on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Welcome Jimmer and all youze other newbies. Hope to see you 'round the boards.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

chickenwingpuke

Post by chickenwingpuke »

Howdy folks. How ya'll doing? I'm in Naw-fuck, Virginia, as we locals pronounce it - that's Norfolk for the rest of you. I've been a strong DBT fan for about 4 or 5 years now...a little disappointed in myself for not tuning in earlier. DBT fucking rocks - for the past couple years, every time I wake up at night, toss or turn, I have a DBT tune in my head...not that that's a bad thing, mind you. Hope ya'll enjoy as much as I do. Patterson and Cooley tell the best damn stories in rock and roll. Period...nuff said.
Cocaine rich comes quick, and that's why the small dicks have it all.

GuitarManUpstairs

Post by GuitarManUpstairs »

chickenwingpuke wrote:Howdy folks. How ya'll doing? I'm in Naw-fuck, Virginia, as we locals pronounce it - that's Norfolk for the rest of you. I've been a strong DBT fan for about 4 or 5 years now...a little disappointed in myself for not tuning in earlier. DBT fucking rocks - for the past couple years, every time I wake up at night, toss or turn, I have a DBT tune in my head...not that that's a bad thing, mind you. Hope ya'll enjoy as much as I do. Patterson and Cooley tell the best damn stories in rock and roll. Period...nuff said.

Welcome CWP! Sounds like you definitely belong here.
Never going back to Buttholeville. (Good luck with that!)

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

chickenwingpuke wrote:Howdy folks. How ya'll doing? I'm in Naw-fuck, Virginia, as we locals pronounce it - that's Norfolk for the rest of you. I've been a strong DBT fan for about 4 or 5 years now...a little disappointed in myself for not tuning in earlier. DBT fucking rocks - for the past couple years, every time I wake up at night, toss or turn, I have a DBT tune in my head...not that that's a bad thing, mind you. Hope ya'll enjoy as much as I do. Patterson and Cooley tell the best damn stories in rock and roll. Period...nuff said.

Welcome - I lived/worked in Norfuck/Suffuck for about 7/8 months a few years ago - two separate bartenders up there asked was I from Alabama, just from hearing my accent... I was impressed.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

chickenwingpuke

Post by chickenwingpuke »

thank ye kindly for the nice welcome Smitty and GuitarMan.
Cocaine rich comes quick, and that's why the small dicks have it all.

zardog

Post by zardog »

I figured I'd go ahead and post up since I've been lurking for a while and finally got around to registering. I got hooked on these guys post Isbell when BTCD was out. I was starting to "mellow" in my musical tastes and began listening for substance and not just loud and heavy. I actually learned of these guys when I saw a picture on Cross Canadian Ragweed's site and one of the guys had a DBT shirt on. Fast forward to now and I've got all the albums (including AAW) on cd and have started to go back and buy vinyl. They are without a doubt my favorite band and probably listen to them as much if not more than everything else in my library combined. Unfortunately I have yet to catch them live, Although I have seen Jason twice. I just haven't been in a position to take off and see them on the occasions when they are somewhat close. I've got my eye set on Memphis though so now I've just got to see how that plays out. Anyways I really enjoy reading a lot of the conversation that goes on here and I'll try to start joining in a little more.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

zardog wrote:I figured I'd go ahead and post up since I've been lurking for a while and finally got around to registering. I got hooked on these guys post Isbell when BTCD was out. I was starting to "mellow" in my musical tastes and began listening for substance and not just loud and heavy. I actually learned of these guys when I saw a picture on Cross Canadian Ragweed's site and one of the guys had a DBT shirt on. Fast forward to now and I've got all the albums (including AAW) on cd and have started to go back and buy vinyl. They are without a doubt my favorite band and probably listen to them as much if not more than everything else in my library combined. Unfortunately I have yet to catch them live, Although I have seen Jason twice. I just haven't been in a position to take off and see them on the occasions when they are somewhat close. I've got my eye set on Memphis though so now I've just got to see how that plays out. Anyways I really enjoy reading a lot of the conversation that goes on here and I'll try to start joining in a little more.

Welcome, and I hope you make it to that Memphis show. You only think you love them now... :)

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Think there are lotsa Tigers fans on here.

Welcome, Lawson! Great name.
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Mrs Swamp

Post by Mrs Swamp »

Welcome Welcome Welcome everyone!!!!~
I've heard tales of what goes down there ...

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

zardog wrote:I just haven't been in a position to take off and see them on the occasions when they are somewhat close. I've got my eye set on Memphis though so now I've just got to see how that plays out.

Most likely I'll see you there and wish you Welcome! in person.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Goonbridge

Post by Goonbridge »

Hey guys and gals

I've been a dedicated Truckers fan since about 2004. The Dirty South was my first introduction, but I bought Decoration Day quickly afterwards which is still my favourite Truckers album. I have not yet had the pleasure of seeing the band live, I'm from New Zealand and to the best of my knowledge they haven't ventured this far south yet.

I have been lurking on these forums for a few years, thought it was time to register an account and say hello!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Goonbridge wrote:Hey guys and gals

I've been a dedicated Truckers fan since about 2004. The Dirty South was my first introduction, but I bought Decoration Day quickly afterwards which is still my favourite Truckers album. I have not yet had the pleasure of seeing the band live, I'm from New Zealand and to the best of my knowledge they haven't ventured this far south yet.

I have been lurking on these forums for a few years, thought it was time to register an account and say hello!

Welcome! You are now our second New Zealander joining the esteemed Steve French.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

breadfan

Post by breadfan »

Hello everybody. I've known they guy who sells the DBT merchandise since 1984. I lived in Athens until 98 and heard of but never went to a DBT show. After I moved (back) to Fla., and many years later, my friend encouraged me to come to a show in Jax Bch when they were touring the Brighter than Creations Dark Album. I met the band before the show and I felt kinda stupid, I really had no idea who they were. The show absolutely blew me away and well, now I know who they are. I have most of there CD's now and after I get them all, I will get all the vinyl as well. I've seen them 6 times and I'm going to the show in Savannah in September too! I really was never much into the southern rock thing, but then again, I've never seen such talent. Someone said they are a bang with a twang, I'll go with that. hope to meet some of you all.

GuitarManUpstairs

Post by GuitarManUpstairs »

breadfan wrote:Hello everybody. I've known they guy who sells the DBT merchandise since 1984. I lived in Athens until 98 and heard of but never went to a DBT show. After I moved (back) to Fla., and many years later, my friend encouraged me to come to a show in Jax Bch when they were touring the Brighter than Creations Dark Album. I met the band before the show and I felt kinda stupid, I really had no idea who they were. The show absolutely blew me away and well, now I know who they are. I have most of there CD's now and after I get them all, I will get all the vinyl as well. I've seen them 6 times and I'm going to the show in Savannah in September too! I really was never much into the southern rock thing, but then again, I've never seen such talent. Someone said they are a bang with a twang, I'll go with that. hope to meet some of you all.

Welcome Breadfan - Hopefully I'll see ya in Savannah!
Never going back to Buttholeville. (Good luck with that!)

Mrs Swamp

Post by Mrs Swamp »

Jeremy wrote:Got a good buddy in Asheville that is a huge DBT and WSP fan and goes to see both live quite a bit and is in his late 70's.

Heck yeah that`s awesome....I`m gonna be going to rock shows
as long a live ...I`m gonna be the rockin granny 8-)

Oh and welcome to the DBT family all of you newbies !!!~
Last edited by Mrs Swamp on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've heard tales of what goes down there ...

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Welcome Breadfan - See you in the Low Country...
And yes DBT is a BIG bang with a twang! lol :lol: