Newbies--Introduce yourselves

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: Newbies--Introduce yourselves

Post by beantownbubba »

MNHerky wrote:Hey, My wife and I have been listening to and seeing DBT every chance we get since around 2000. Living in Minnesota we don't get as many chances and we would like. We finally got to go to this year's Homecoming (Thursday and Friday) and were blown away. It was a totally different atmosphere than other shows we've been to. So much fun. At the Thursday show, we met a couple who had unknowingly bought each other copies of "The Company We Keep" book and offered to give us one of them. I think Homecoming might have to turn into an annual event for us now.
You must be doing something right: You heard at least one great story that I did not. "Gift of the Magi, Truckers Division."

But you still have a little of the newbie green about you. What's this "might" thing? ;)

Welcome!
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

George

Post by George »

Throw another log on the fire, boys...George [last name redacted] is coming to stay.

I'm in my early fifties and a long-time user of internet forums like this one for various interests. Lived most of my life in North and South Carolina, so I understand a little of the duality of the southern thing. Started playing guitar in my late teens (and still do) but switched to bass after realizing there were a dozen guitarists for every bassist in town. Played crummy bars and some halfway-respectable stages in and around Charlotte (including the famous Double Door Inn and the Visualite, where DBT has played a few times) in the '90s and early '00s before moving to Colorado about fifteen years ago and settling down somewhat. Always had a day job, so I was never a pro musician, but I sure had some fun along the way in cover bands and at jam sessions with friends.

I discovered DBT almost by accident at the library a couple of years ago. I borrow a lot of audio books on CD from a few local libraries (action-adventure fiction like Jack Reacher and similar low-brow schlock but also a lot of history, biographies, politics, and science). One day while browsing the nearby music CDs, I found a couple albums by the Drive-By Truckers. I hadn't heard them, but I had heard of them, so I picked them up. I discover a lot of new-to-me music that way, but none as surprisingly enjoyable as DBT so far.

I love the music, the subject matter, and the lyrical wit and wisdom especially. I finally have all their albums (I think) but lately I've been enjoying many, many shows downloaded from archive.org and the tales told on stage between songs, such as the backstory of "When GG Allin Came To Town" told during a recent Dimmer Twins show, to name just one. Just today I heard the story behind "Road Cases" from the 8-11-2006 show at Suede (https://archive.org/details/dbt2006-08-11.m1290.flac16). Lately I've been listening to live shows in my office at work, with the volume control of my PC speakers close at hand in case in case anyone wanders in who might not appreciate the blue language. Often I’ll switch to headphones to hear the between-song banter. When not listening to DBT at work, I sometimes stream internet stations such as classicdeepcuts.com and surfrockradio.com.

I finally got to see DBT live in Boulder, CO in the fall of 2018, where they relentlessly rocked the joint for a solid two and a half hours. I have a bunch of photos from that show that I'll post in the appropriate thread when I get a chance. For now, I just wanted to say hello and thanks to jonicont for helping me register.

I'll try not to annoy you forum old-timers with too much new-guy enthusiasm along the way.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Pull off your coat, throw it in the corner, George! Based on your writing style, i can tell you’ll fit right in.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

George wrote:Throw another log on the fire, boys...George [last name redacted] is coming to stay.

I'm in my early fifties and a long-time user of internet forums like this one for various interests. Lived most of my life in North and South Carolina, so I understand a little of the duality of the southern thing. Started playing guitar in my late teens (and still do) but switched to bass after realizing there were a dozen guitarists for every bassist in town. Played crummy bars and some halfway-respectable stages in and around Charlotte (including the famous Double Door Inn and the Visualite, where DBT has played a few times) in the '90s and early '00s before moving to Colorado about fifteen years ago and settling down somewhat. Always had a day job, so I was never a pro musician, but I sure had some fun along the way in cover bands and at jam sessions with friends.

I discovered DBT almost by accident at the library a couple of years ago. I borrow a lot of audio books on CD from a few local libraries (action-adventure fiction like Jack Reacher and similar low-brow schlock but also a lot of history, biographies, politics, and science). One day while browsing the nearby music CDs, I found a couple albums by the Drive-By Truckers. I hadn't heard them, but I had heard of them, so I picked them up. I discover a lot of new-to-me music that way, but none as surprisingly enjoyable as DBT so far.

I love the music, the subject matter, and the lyrical wit and wisdom especially. I finally have all their albums (I think) but lately I've been enjoying many, many shows downloaded from archive.org and the tales told on stage between songs, such as the backstory of "When GG Allin Came To Town" told during a recent Dimmer Twins show, to name just one. Just today I heard the story behind "Road Cases" from the 8-11-2006 show at Suede (https://archive.org/details/dbt2006-08-11.m1290.flac16). Lately I've been listening to live shows in my office at work, with the volume control of my PC speakers close at hand in case in case anyone wanders in who might not appreciate the blue language. Often I’ll switch to headphones to hear the between-song banter. When not listening to DBT at work, I sometimes stream internet stations such as classicdeepcuts.com and surfrockradio.com.

I finally got to see DBT live in Boulder, CO in the fall of 2018, where they relentlessly rocked the joint for a solid two and a half hours. I have a bunch of photos from that show that I'll post in the appropriate thread when I get a chance. For now, I just wanted to say hello and thanks to jonicont for helping me register.

I'll try not to annoy you forum old-timers with too much new-guy enthusiasm along the way.
Love having another Coloradan on the board! I'm in Denver (Wash Park West area).

I also have a strong NC connection: my wife grew up in Franklin (hour or so southwest of Asheville) and my in-laws are still there. Planned a trip to visit them around the recent Dimmer Twins stand at the Grey Eagle.

I'm sure our paths will cross at a CO DBT appearance that can't come soon enough. Welcome!
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

George

Post by George »

Thanks for the kind welcomes!

MM, I live in the southern suburbs but I work downtown - near a few East Colfax venues where I'm always hoping DBT will play, so I can park at work and walk or take Uber a short distance to the show.

Still have a SC connection myself - my father and his sister live in Aiken, and I was there two weekends ago for a short visit. I've been in Colorado so long that I had almost forgotten how miserably humid it was there in late June.

I think it's nice to have some experience in the south to better understand lyrics such as "I can't get the red stains off of my socks". :D

notjosephstalin

Post by notjosephstalin »

Hello and thanks for the add. I'm new (again) to the Truckers. I stopped a few years back but the release of American Band brought me back. I've seen 5 shows since the release. Most recently all 3 nights in Toronto where I meet a few of you Heathens. I survived going to work then driving 2 hours to Toronto in rush hour and then back home to sleep and go to work for 2 of the shows. The Friday night show I was able to enjoy with out have to go home right away.

The first 18 and last 12 years I've been in the Niagara Region in between Lake Ontario and Lake Erie where every place I lived was 5 minutes walk from a Great Lake. Spent 20 years in Toronto where I lived 5 minutes from the Lake Ontario and now I live in St Catharines Ontario (yes 5 minutes walk) . Approx 20 mins from Niagara Falls and 40 from Buffalo New York. Too Canadian for my own good (I don't mind waiting for free health care :D and apologize for things that aren't even my fault) I also spell with a lot more of the letter u.

My first album purchase was Cheap Trick at Budokan moved to The Clash and punk by the time I was 12 (saw the Clash when i was 12) That eventually slid into The Replacements, Cracker and onto The Hold Steady, DBTs
Can't remember when I first heard the DBT. At the time I wasn't ready to delve into their back catalog or my listening tastes weren't ready. I play periodically in a bar band and once or twice a month I play an open mic a friend runs. I sneak in a lot of DBT and Sarah Shook (who I also really like at the moment) My town isn't tuned into anything off the main stream. Only once have I had a guy come up to me and say he loved the DBTs too.

I may also share too much.....
I tried but I could not. Stand in her way.
She stepped over me and was gone.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

dobro pozhalovat, notjosephstalin. Good to see you again. Sorry I didn't get to meet you in Toronto (at least I don't think I did).

Keep on playing those DBT songs. It sometimes takes a while to convert people into heathens.

Homer

Post by Homer »

Howdy folks! My name is Josh McPherson, but most of my buddies call me Homer. Half of my friends, it seems, are named Josh, so we all go by nicknames. Homer is my dad's name, so that's what took. My first and second rock shows were in Cleveland, MS when I was in college; circa 2004 & 2005. I also caught them open for the Crowes at Mud Island a year or two later. I wasn't familiar with their catalog at the time, and didn't really appreciate their music the way that I do now. I was born and raised in Meridian, MS. My family has been in the deep south since the late 1700's, so the south runs through my veins. The band's music has reached out to me at various times over the past 10 years, and I have become to really love the writing. I started seeing Widespread Panic in 2000, and have seen them every opportunity that I could afford since. WP shows have been some of the greatest experiences of my life. I still love going to see WP, and love the trippiness of their extended jams. But, alas, DBT's lyrics are SOOOOOO good, and I find myself listening to them more and more.

I work in finance for the Air Force via the Air National Guard. I've got 3 sons (12, 6, & 5), and am going through a divorce. I get to see my youngest 2 boys every other weekend, and my oldest, which is my stepson, even less. I'm getting adjusted to seeing them less, but it has been brutal. I have struggled with alcoholism for years, and finally got sober in July of 2019. I wish that I could drink and not breakout in handcuffs or wake up in the bushes, but I can't. I say that to let you guys know that I'm not trying to be judgmental of anyone who drinks.

This past weekend, feeling lonely due to missing my boys, I decided to make the drive up to Decatur, AL to see DBT. My god what a great decision. I got there pretty early, and was just walking around downtown. I ran into someone who told me that the boys were across the street getting inducted into the AL Hall of Fame. I made my way over there, just as things were winding up. I ran into Cooley in the stairwell, and said hello. Patty Hood and several others were upstairs talking, so I just stood around, in disbelief that one of my favorite writers is right in front of me. We all made our way outside and dispersed. I later ran into Patterson, and nervously asked him if they were going to do a soundcheck. He said, "nah man, we did one last night." I rambled around some more, and then ran into Smitty and some other heathens. These guys were so incredibly welcoming, and I had a great conversation with Smitty. I go in, the show starts, and I'm really digging Jimbo's performance. Then the Truckers start. The whole show was a big "FUCK YEAH!" Sands of Iwo Jima gets me a little teary eyes as a family man and member of the armed forces. So many great tunes, some I was more familar with than others. Then a shout out to my new friend Smitty. What?!?! That was epic! Several mentions of people associated with characters from the songs, shout outs to old friends and family. What is going on?!?! I felt like I had stumbled onto something really special. This whole scene seems like a big extended family. Keep in mind, I can't help but compare all of it to the WP community. So much smaller and personable. I have absolutely got to catch more rock shows now! I've been listening to old interviews, listening to the catalog chronologically, joined this site, joined the DBT page of FB, told all of my troops about my experience, etc. This feels like a new chapter in my life, and for that I'm grateful!

Sorry for the ramble, and I look forward to meeting more of you guys!

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Homer wrote:I was born and raised in Meridian, MS.
you had me at being born and raised in the home of the Singin' Brakeman! Welcome aboard

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Homer wrote:Howdy folks! My name is Josh McPherson, but most of my buddies call me Homer. Half of my friends, it seems, are named Josh, so we all go by nicknames. Homer is my dad's name, so that's what took. My first and second rock shows were in Cleveland, MS when I was in college; circa 2004 & 2005. I also caught them open for the Crowes at Mud Island a year or two later. I wasn't familiar with their catalog at the time, and didn't really appreciate their music the way that I do now. I was born and raised in Meridian, MS. My family has been in the deep south since the late 1700's, so the south runs through my veins. The band's music has reached out to me at various times over the past 10 years, and I have become to really love the writing. I started seeing Widespread Panic in 2000, and have seen them every opportunity that I could afford since. WP shows have been some of the greatest experiences of my life. I still love going to see WP, and love the trippiness of their extended jams. But, alas, DBT's lyrics are SOOOOOO good, and I find myself listening to them more and more.

I work in finance for the Air Force via the Air National Guard. I've got 3 sons (12, 6, & 5), and am going through a divorce. I get to see my youngest 2 boys every other weekend, and my oldest, which is my stepson, even less. I'm getting adjusted to seeing them less, but it has been brutal. I have struggled with alcoholism for years, and finally got sober in July of 2019. I wish that I could drink and not breakout in handcuffs or wake up in the bushes, but I can't. I say that to let you guys know that I'm not trying to be judgmental of anyone who drinks.

This past weekend, feeling lonely due to missing my boys, I decided to make the drive up to Decatur, AL to see DBT. My god what a great decision. I got there pretty early, and was just walking around downtown. I ran into someone who told me that the boys were across the street getting inducted into the AL Hall of Fame. I made my way over there, just as things were winding up. I ran into Cooley in the stairwell, and said hello. Patty Hood and several others were upstairs talking, so I just stood around, in disbelief that one of my favorite writers is right in front of me. We all made our way outside and dispersed. I later ran into Patterson, and nervously asked him if they were going to do a soundcheck. He said, "nah man, we did one last night." I rambled around some more, and then ran into Smitty and some other heathens. These guys were so incredibly welcoming, and I had a great conversation with Smitty. I go in, the show starts, and I'm really digging Jimbo's performance. Then the Truckers start. The whole show was a big "FUCK YEAH!" Sands of Iwo Jima gets me a little teary eyes as a family man and member of the armed forces. So many great tunes, some I was more familar with than others. Then a shout out to my new friend Smitty. What?!?! That was epic! Several mentions of people associated with characters from the songs, shout outs to old friends and family. What is going on?!?! I felt like I had stumbled onto something really special. This whole scene seems like a big extended family. Keep in mind, I can't help but compare all of it to the WP community. So much smaller and personable. I have absolutely got to catch more rock shows now! I've been listening to old interviews, listening to the catalog chronologically, joined this site, joined the DBT page of FB, told all of my troops about my experience, etc. This feels like a new chapter in my life, and for that I'm grateful!

Sorry for the ramble, and I look forward to meeting more of you guys!
Welcome. My wife was born in Meridian.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I can now add Homer to my life list of names :) If you haven't figured it out yet, you will shortly realize that while the details may vary, almost everyone you meet through a DBT connection (virtual or not) has had a similar experience of discovering the band; having an actual or close to it life changing "aha experience" as you realize just how special the band is and find your own personal connection to it; and being absorbed into and supported by a welcoming community of like minded souls. That experience would be bonding and meaningful even if the people sucked, but happily enough, they don't. Welcome.

BTW, that may be the longest sentence I've ever written.

notjosephstalin

Homer wrote:
"Breakout in handcuffs" just moved onto my list of phrases to work into a song. I write a lot of songs dealing with booze and it's effects on life so this may be my next song. Sarah Shook going public with her sobriety has me working on one dealing with the physical and mental battle. But my phrasing and rhythm is too close to a P Hood song at the moment so I'm trying to change it. Hard to not be influenced when I listen to him everyday.

Welcome to the group. I'm up in Canada so I look for Northern shows but did recently drive to Charlotte NC to see a show.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

“Where we always break out in handcuffs from overexposure to the heat” is a Todd Snider line from a HWA song.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

whatwouldcooleydo?

LBRod wrote:“Where we always break out in handcuffs from overexposure to the heat” is a Todd Snider line from a HWA song.
There’s also that horrible Moonalice song (department of redundancy department) in which she sings about being allergic to wine, it makes her breakout in handcuffs :roll:

notjosephstalin

Damn it. now I have to make sure it doesn't sound or flow like those either!

whatwouldcooleydo?

notjosephstalin wrote:Damn it. now I have to make sure it doesn't sound or flow like those either!
If you write anything that sounds like Moonalice you need to stop writing music forever :lol:

the Moonalice set was just before the DBT/Booker T set

notjosephstalin

ouch. note taken. where are the q tips to scrub my ears?

Whats with the 6 foot fence? Looks like the Spanky, Alfalfa and the Little Rascals peering over the fence to see a ball game.

hippy69

Post by hippy69 »

Hiya, I first posted about a month ago but thought I'd drop my by and say "hi".

I'm based in London, UK and first got into DBT shortly after Southern Rock Opera came out (It's still my favourite DBT album, closely followed by The Dirty South) and believe I have seen every show they've played in London since then. Other music I like – Springsteen, Allman Bros, Gov't Mule, Skynyrd, Black Crowes. N Mississippi Allstars, Steve Earle, Slobberbone. Sometimes I write for Music-News.com and Americana UK. You'll notice that my posts will be in UK English so expect a bunch of U's and S's where you won't usually see them. I'm happy to answer any enquiries about my hometown (London) if you all want to know anything about it's music scene. I also play in a Southern Rock/Americana band called The Snakeoil Rattlers (feel free to "like" us on facebook. We certainly need the traction).

Cheers, Barry

Bigdumbhick

Post by Bigdumbhick »

I'm a Libra. I like long walks through the woods. I'm 6'7" and weigh 350lbs. All photos of me appear fuzzy and out of focus for some reason. I like titties. I've had sex before...but that was a long, long, long time ago and I don't remember much about it.

My name is Jeff Wall. I curse like a sailor because i was a fucking sailor for 20 fucking years. I was also a freelance writer once, back when they had these things called Magazines. which was what we used to read when taking a shit. This was before cell phones.

I'm an old, fat, hairy, Caucasian, straight, male who is happily married (mostly) and has been for the last 28 years (married, not always happy)
I have a couple of grown-ass kids.

I am glad to say that there are people I care about, and people who care about me, who are not necessarily old, fat, hairy, Caucasian, straight, and/or male. I am intolerant of intolerance

I'm a singer/songwriter/storyteller who plays and records under the name Bigdumbhick. http://bigdumbhick.com .

I live in Winston-Salem NC. I'm an asshole who tries really, really hard to be a nice guy...but I'm still an asshole. I don't have much of a filter. I figure that you should be as surprised about what comes out of my mouth as I am.

If a situation can be made awkward, creepy, and/or uncomfortable, I'm going to do that...because that's my superpower.

Fan's freak me the fuck out. Even my fans. Especially my fans. Having said that, I've been a DBT fan since early fall of 1998. That's also the same time I first met Jyl and Wes Freed. I also became a Wes and Jyl Freed fan. My wife was VERY pregnant with my youngest child at the time. That child is now 21

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Bigdumbhick wrote:I'm a Libra. I like long walks through the woods. I'm 6'7" and weigh 350lbs. All photos of me appear fuzzy and out of focus for some reason. I like titties. I've had sex before...but that was a long, long, long time ago and I don't remember much about it.

My name is Jeff Wall. I curse like a sailor because i was a fucking sailor for 20 fucking years. I was also a freelance writer once, back when they had these things called Magazines. which was what we used to read when taking a shit. This was before cell phones.

I'm an old, fat, hairy, Caucasian, straight, male who is happily married (mostly) and has been for the last 28 years (married, not always happy)
I have a couple of grown-ass kids.

I am glad to say that there are people I care about, and people who care about me, who are not necessarily old, fat, hairy, Caucasian, straight, and/or male. I am intolerant of intolerance

I'm a singer/songwriter/storyteller who plays and records under the name Bigdumbhick. http://bigdumbhick.com .

I live in Winston-Salem NC. I'm an asshole who tries really, really hard to be a nice guy...but I'm still an asshole. I don't have much of a filter. I figure that you should be as surprised about what comes out of my mouth as I am.
Welcome Jeff. You're going to be fine here. Look forward to meeting at Homecoming.
If a situation can be made awkward, creepy, and/or uncomfortable, I'm going to do that...because that's my superpower.

Fan's freak me the fuck out. Even my fans. Especially my fans. Having said that, I've been a DBT fan since early fall of 1998. That's also the same time I first met Jyl and Wes Freed. I also became a Wes and Jyl Freed fan. My wife was VERY pregnant with my youngest child at the time. That child is now 21
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

s25d

Post by s25d »

I stumbled upon a live show while living in Knoxville, TN (Sundown in the City concert series) about 15 years ago, and after a brief chat with the merch table I walked away with every disk that they had. Definitely love at first listen! I now live in frigid MN, and anxiously await whenever they come into town (March 14 2020!!!!). I still visit family in East TN, and have been known to plan visits around their rock shows! One of these days I will make it to a homecoming show, but with 3 young kids I have to put that pipedream on the backburner for a while. DBT music is a daily part of my life, and I am thankful and fortunate for the accidental discovery years and years ago! Whatever DBT record I am listening to at the time is my favorite, and although cliché, it is the truth! It is hard for me to believe that American Band has already been out for 3.5 years, but then again time has always been a little bit hard for me to fully comprehend! Needless to say, I patiently await the release of The Unraveling, and how about that badass Slipmat that comes with the preorder!!! I can't wait to spin away my January MN blues with the new record!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

s25d wrote:I stumbled upon a live show while living in Knoxville, TN (Sundown in the City concert series) about 15 years ago, and after a brief chat with the merch table I walked away with every disk that they had. Definitely love at first listen! I now live in frigid MN, and anxiously await whenever they come into town (March 14 2020!!!!). I still visit family in East TN, and have been known to plan visits around their rock shows! One of these days I will make it to a homecoming show, but with 3 young kids I have to put that pipedream on the backburner for a while. DBT music is a daily part of my life, and I am thankful and fortunate for the accidental discovery years and years ago! Whatever DBT record I am listening to at the time is my favorite, and although cliché, it is the truth! It is hard for me to believe that American Band has already been out for 3.5 years, but then again time has always been a little bit hard for me to fully comprehend! Needless to say, I patiently await the release of The Unraveling, and how about that badass Slipmat that comes with the preorder!!! I can't wait to spin away my January MN blues with the new record!
Welcome! I hope you’re enjoying the record!
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Bigdumbhick

Post by Bigdumbhick »

I have struggled with alcoholism for years, and finally got sober in July of 2019. I wish that I could drink and not breakout in handcuffs or wake up in the bushes, but I can't. I say that to let you guys know that I'm not trying to be judgmental of anyone who drinks.

Just wanted to say you are not alone. There are a number of fans in Recovery, including me (13Oct1984)
Sands of Iwo Jima gets me a little teary eyes as a family man and member of the armed forces.
You have no idea how badly I want to fuck with you about this statement. I too thought about joining the Air Force but my golf game wasnt quite good enough. US Navy 1980- 2000

Welcome Fucker

George

Post by George »

Bigdumbhick wrote:I'm a singer/songwriter/storyteller who plays and records under the name Bigdumbhick. http://bigdumbhick.com
Typically a day late and a dollar short, I just now read this post (and the other recent posts here) and clicked that link.

Wow! Great stuff, Jeff.

I can't imagine any fan of DBT and similar artists not digging what you do. I wish I still lived in Charlotte so I could come see your next gig. Maybe one day, as my wife and I still have family and friends in the Piedmont area.

Welcome to all the new members, from a relatively new member myself.

Jdburch3

Post by Jdburch3 »

Hi everyone. My name is Jonathan Burch. Glad to finally be a member of the 3DD board. Definitely feels like I've moved to a higher degree of HeAthenism. :D I met some of you at Homecoming, and that was a real treat. I was the guy selling BBQ, by the way. Unless you got food poisoning that day--then I was not the guy selling BBQ. Looking forward to meeting more of you at future shows. I trust that this forum is free of the shenanigans that have plagued the DBT Facebook group as of late. Thanks for letting me join the fold. Happy to be here.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Jdburch3 wrote:Hi everyone. My name is Jonathan Burch. Glad to finally be a member of the 3DD board. Definitely feels like I've moved to a higher degree of HeAthenism. :D I met some of you at Homecoming, and that was a real treat. I was the guy selling BBQ, by the way. Unless you got food poisoning that day--then I was not the guy selling BBQ. Looking forward to meeting more of you at future shows. I trust that this forum is free of the shenanigans that have plagued the DBT Facebook group as of late. Thanks for letting me join the fold. Happy to be here.
Welcome, sir and I hope you brought enough ribs for everyone.

We're only as good and interesting as the people who participate and we're only shenanigans free to the extent that participants don't engage in shenanigans so please feel free to dive in but w/out shenanigans :)

scotto

Post by scotto »

Jdburch3 wrote:Hi everyone. My name is Jonathan Burch. Glad to finally be a member of the 3DD board. Definitely feels like I've moved to a higher degree of HeAthenism. :D I met some of you at Homecoming, and that was a real treat. I was the guy selling BBQ, by the way. Unless you got food poisoning that day--then I was not the guy selling BBQ. Looking forward to meeting more of you at future shows. I trust that this forum is free of the shenanigans that have plagued the DBT Facebook group as of late. Thanks for letting me join the fold. Happy to be here.
Welcome. There are plenty of shenanigans over here, they're just mostly of the harmless/juvenile variety. Hoping this place will pick up steam as folks tire of the Facebook drama.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

It was nice meeting you and your barbecue was incredible! Great sauces too!
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Aaron_heathen

Post by Aaron_heathen »

phheeewww...

I haven't been on here in forever. It's nice to be back. Everyone seems a lot more chill here!

scotto

Post by scotto »

Aaron_heathen wrote:phheeewww...

I haven't been on here in forever. It's nice to be back. Everyone seems a lot more chill here!
If you mean compared to Facebook, absolutely. But then, a prison dining hall is chill compared to Facebook. I prefer lurking/posting here for that very reason. A lot less traffic, but quality > quantity.