After the scene dies - lyrics question

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

The Black Canary

Re: After the scene dies - lyrics question

Post by The Black Canary »

midniterambler wrote:
EddieHinton wrote:
midniterambler wrote:I think the declaration that these guys don't write "weak" lyrics is a bit like blind hero worship. Of course they've written some weak lyrics. But at the same time, whether or not a lyric is weak is in the ear and mind of the listener.

Yes, opinions are like assholes, we all have them. After 10 years of listening to their songs, obsessing over the lyrics, and trying to decipher each one, I stand by my earlier stated opinion that they don't write weak lyrics. Why bother? Are they in such a hurry they cant take the time to write a good lyric instead? Do they not know what a good lyric is or a weak lyric? Of course they do. They say exactly what they want to say.

My heroes are firemen who run into burning buildings and soliders who sacrifice everything for their country.

Been without a computer for awhile so I couldn't reply. I stand behind my original statement that saying that these guys don't write weak lyrics is like hero worship. It's the equivolent of saying they're the perfect lyricists. Better than Jagger and Springsteen and even Dylan, because all those guys have written weak lyrics. We're all human, Hood and Cooley included. You asked why they would bother writing a weak lyric as if they would do it on purpose. Sort of gives the impression that you really don't understand how songs are written.

I can agree to disagree with you on this point, but I still stand behind my original statement.

WOW looks like it is time to get out the ruler :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: