Greatest Hits release?

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Flea

Re: Greatest Hits release?

Post by Flea »

Beaverdam wrote:“Politicians, ugly buildings, and whores all get respectable if they last long enough.”

This is a quote from the movie Chinatown. Brian sent me a clip from the movie last week with the line. Was this the impetus for the album title??? Bryan even told me that Faye Dunnaway plays in said movie!

Stay safe y’all!!!
No fucking way that was random. My respect for this band continues to grow.
Now it's dark.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Beaverdam wrote:“Politicians, ugly buildings, and whores all get respectable if they last long enough.”

This is a quote from the movie Chinatown. Brian sent me a clip from the movie last week with the line. Was this the impetus for the album title??? Bryan even told me that Faye Dunnaway plays in said movie!

Stay safe y’all!!!
I'm pretty sure that the saying pre dates Chinatown by a while, but the album title is certainly not random.

You don't sound familiar w/ Chinatown. You may want to remedy that stat. One of the all-time great movies.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

PS NOT a movie to watch w/ the kids.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

beantownbubba wrote:PS NOT a movie to watch w/ the kids.
I think I was 11 or so, and the film was on a NYC channel (Channel 5 or 11), and I tuned in right at the "nose" scene, and basically leaped under the bed. I'd never seen violence depicted so viscerally.
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I saw it when I was 13. My aunt routinely dropped off me and my two oldest cousins, who were 11 and 9 at the time, off at the movie theater every Saturday. She always waited until we had tickets and left. When we came back to the car she got out and argued with the theater manager to let us in, back when that was fairly routine. I don't remember being particularly scarred by it but clearly that was not a wise decision on her part.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved