Midwest Shows

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Mr. B

Midwest Shows

Post by Mr. B »

So I was hoping that we would see more shows announced for the midwest around the time of the Chicago and Minneapolis July shows. After all, there are several midwest cities that they haven't hit this year, such as Milwaukee and Detroit. Given that its now mid-June, I guess we won't see any more shows scheduled for this swing though America's heartland. Bummer.

Erdlivz

Re: Midwest Shows

Post by Erdlivz »

I was hoping for the same thing. I thought a few would be tossed in the mix. Hopefully we get something last minute staggered around the DMB Caravan on 7/8.

July 7th in Chicago would be some mighty fine pie. Hint hint. My schedule's clear.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Agreed. I would have thought that them playing Summerfest again would have been perfect timing. Maybe an Ohio show or what not.

I may drive up to visit the wife's brother in Minneapolis for the July 9th show. A lot of it will depend on the allocated set length.

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Cubfan06 wrote:I may drive up to visit the wife's brother in Minneapolis for the July 9th show. A lot of it will depend on the allocated set length.

I was thinking of doing the same, as my wife's sister is there. But I assume we are talking short set, so I suspect we won't be making the trip.

It does seem wierd that they are not playing Summerfest, that seemed like a no brainer.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I've been running on the assumption that there won't be a show within 150 miles of me for the rest of the year
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

hendooman

Post by hendooman »

I sure would like to see a Columbia, Mo or KC show as well. So close to Chicago....hint hint! My schedule is always open for a close Rawkshow!

mark lynn
Site Admin

Post by mark lynn »

Zip City wrote:I've been running on the assumption that there won't be a show within 150 miles of me for the rest of the year

You should take that personally :D

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

mark lynn wrote:
Zip City wrote:I've been running on the assumption that there won't be a show within 150 miles of me for the rest of the year

You should take that personally :D

Columbus audiences have been total ass every show I've seen, so I kinda don't blame them for not coming back
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

beergut

Post by beergut »

Mr. B wrote:
Cubfan06 wrote:I may drive up to visit the wife's brother in Minneapolis for the July 9th show. A lot of it will depend on the allocated set length.

It does seem wierd that they are not playing Summerfest, that seemed like a no brainer.

No kidding. I'm dying for a hometown show as I missed the last one.
for a few hours, I'm 19 years old and rock and roll is the only thing that matters.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Cubfan06 wrote: I would have thought that them playing Summerfest again would have been perfect timing.

I would think playing the DMB Caravan contractually prevented that.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Smarty Jones

Post by Smarty Jones »

I would KILL for a last-minute midwest show. There is absolutely nothing to do here in fucking hot, humid Ohio...
SMITH: Either I'm dead right or I'm crazy!
SEN: You wouldn't care to put that to a vote, Senator?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Smarty Jones wrote:I would KILL for a last-minute midwest show. There is absolutely nothing to do here in fucking hot, humid Ohio...

I hear LeBron's looking for some 3 on 3 hoops.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Cubfan06 wrote: I would have thought that them playing Summerfest again would have been perfect timing.

That's an excellent point regarding Summerfest. I dont see any one of the bands which are playing at that DMB Caravan playing at Summerfest so that must be the only regulation. Because it doesn't appear like it has the same contractual limitation that Lollapalooza. Both Ray Lamantagne and The Flaming Lips are playing later in the summer, but Summerfest must be prohibited though.

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Cubfan06 wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:

That's an excellent point regarding Summerfest. I dont see any one of the bands which are playing at that DMB Caravan playing at Summerfest so that must be the only regulation. Because it doesn't appear like it has the same contractual limitation that Lollapalooza. Both Ray Lamantagne and The Flaming Lips are playing later in the summer, but Summerfest must be prohibited though.

Both Flaming Lips and Jayhawks are playing DMB and Summerfest this year, so I don't think that is the issue (although it is an interesting point and may be a factor.) In fact, the Lips also have a few headlining shows in Chicago this summer. In any event, looks like nothing else is gonna happen at this point, and wishing ain't gonna make it so.

dee dee

Post by dee dee »

St. Louis needs a show.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

I'd love to see a Des Moines show (they've only played here once, ever), but they hit Omaha and Iowa City in the past year, so I can't complain. I get tired of shows being in Iowa City though (and this is bigger than DBT). They think they're getting college kids, but I'd bet over half of the crowd is driving from Central Iowa because they aren't playing in Des Moines. End rant.

I've gotten a lot of Rock Shows in the past 12 months, so I'm sitting alright.

Roy

Post by Roy »

dee dee wrote:St. Louis needs a show.

Damn right! :D

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

Cubfan06 wrote:Agreed. I would have thought that them playing Summerfest again would have been perfect timing. Maybe an Ohio show or what not.

I may drive up to visit the wife's brother in Minneapolis for the July 9th show. A lot of it will depend on the allocated set length.

I went to Basilica to see THS a couple years ago and they headlined one of the two stages and pretty much played a full-length show - close to it, anyway. I'm sure that is the deal with DBT this year. It was lovely to see them as the sun went down and darkness fell - we were lucky enough to not have stifling weather. I'd go if I could.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

one belt loop wrote:
Cubfan06 wrote:Agreed. I would have thought that them playing Summerfest again would have been perfect timing. Maybe an Ohio show or what not.

I went to Basilica to see THS a couple years ago and they headlined one of the two stages and pretty much played a full-length show - close to it, anyway. I'm sure that is the deal with DBT this year. It was lovely to see them as the sun went down and darkness fell - we were lucky enough to not have stifling weather. I'd go if I could.

Thank you for the tip. That is helpful.

Roy

Post by Roy »

Columbia, MO show on Oct 27th. To me, this may indicade some additional shows in the midwest.

wineisgood

Post by wineisgood »

They usually perform at the venerable Blue Note, but this trip they'll play at the old Missouri Theatre of the Arts. The University Concert Series (University of Missouri) is the sponsor. Tickets don't officially go on sale until mid-July but with a $50 donation to the concert series you can buy now. There's even a "gold-level" package for $60 that gets you a front-row seat, a backstage pass for a pre-show meet and greet, a cd and a t-shirt. This will be the third time I've seen them in Columbia (6 overall).

hendooman

Post by hendooman »

wineisgood wrote:They usually perform at the venerable Blue Note, but this trip they'll play at the old Missouri Theatre of the Arts. The University Concert Series (University of Missouri) is the sponsor. Tickets don't officially go on sale until mid-July but with a $50 donation to the concert series you can buy now. There's even a "gold-level" package for $60 that gets you a front-row seat, a backstage pass for a pre-show meet and greet, a cd and a t-shirt. This will be the third time I've seen them in Columbia (6 overall).

Gold pass are you shittin me? I am down!

wineisgood

Post by wineisgood »

I know, I already bought 4. :D

hendooman

Post by hendooman »

Do you think the gold level seats will be able to be bought when regular tickets go on sale? Without the donation?

hendooman

Post by hendooman »

Still can't fid the Gold Level deal, I am going to call Monday and see what the deal is or if I can still do that. I went ahead and bought 2 tix. Stage left row F, seat 5 & 6....WOOT!!!!

wineisgood

Post by wineisgood »

You have to call the box office to get the gold passes. The number is 800-292-9136.

hendooman

Post by hendooman »

Well I never did look into the gold level but I am doing a three night run. Omaha, Columbia, then St Louis, taking my favorite gal(wife) to the last two with swanky hotels both nights :D going to be a good weekend! All I had to do was take her shopping in St Louis, and she went to school at MU so even better, and she likes the RAWK!